Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Grace really should have cast Castle Panic, because that would have taken away Steve's castle and there's no other way to do that. The towns can just be retaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

malkav11 posted:

Grace really should have cast Castle Panic, because that would have taken away Steve's castle and there's no other way to do that. The towns can just be retaken.

But the castle is just ONE building and its value depends on the number of towns you control in its continent. A global assault can really turn the game in your favor if you play your cards right.

Pop it one turn before you lose your evil powers, hit an item shop to buy as many big spinners as you can (some sell 5 spinners for relatively cheap, even) and start picking up towns. When your spinner stock runs low, dash to another shop, restock and repeat.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I loved how even though Grace kept talking about how he was going to use the big reset button, Dan kept acting like he wasn't going to.

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.

I made very high quality fanart of the latest turn of events.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
When this Satan returns to normal, Dan looks to be far behind without more levels.
The spells in the game are stated to cause 1 damage if they can hit the AI. Is that accurate?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Scalding Coffee posted:

When this Satan returns to normal, Dan looks to be far behind without more levels.
The spells in the game are stated to cause 1 damage if they can hit the AI. Is that accurate?

Magic stat is OP. It affects both your chance to get hit by field effects and their damage (if they do damage).

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Magic stat is OP. It affects both your chance to get hit by field effects and their damage (if they do damage).

Speed actually affects field magic accuracy. It's why it's by far the best stat.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Speed actually affects field magic accuracy. It's why it's by far the best stat.

Huh, I kept my speed about on par with magic because I thought it made enemies miss more, I guess that explains it.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Yeah, Speed determines accuracy of everything you do as well as your chance to evade things. Magic determines both attack and defense for spells.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The AI just panic-buying Vanishes after Darklingdom was... darkly hilarious in its own way, I suppose?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 9 - The Word of Jeezio

So this is a new day, which is why we're a lot more sober/awake during this episode. We'll be drunkenly yelling at stuff soon enough

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Two weeks and Dr. Moron already recouped most of his losses from his fight with Satan, who summoned a monster invasion that took about 8 towns in one day.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Scalding Coffee posted:

Two weeks and Dr. Moron already recouped most of his losses from his fight with Satan, who summoned a monster invasion that took about 8 towns in one day.

Vengeance moves slowly, but it moves :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...but every episode of Dokapon Kingdom is "nothing you do matters".

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He didn't say vengeance mattered, just that it moves

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 10 - Dokamerica

This is the episode where we realize just how good the wabbit shields are. You can hear the impending dread.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

As bad as the chanting was, we already knew Dan was racist because of all his offensive Mei Ling impersonations.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Since a lot of people either love or hate (love) this game, I'm wondering if you have ever considered LPing dokapon kingdom's little known brother on the GBA, dokapon monster hunter? I think it would be cool as a spin-off as it's bullshit RNG compacted into a RPG which hates you and everything you believe in. It seems perfect. It was the first game I got bought when I was 11 and holy poo poo it got me into crappy hard RPGs at a early age and I never looked back.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, it really seems like the AI's going to run away with this whole shebang.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Glazius posted:

Man, it really seems like the AI's going to run away with this whole shebang.

They might have a comically large number advantage, knowledge of all the rules and secrets, and can see what the next dozen spinner numbers are going to be, but don't count us out yet :smugbert: they can only simulate rudeness, we LIVE it.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

So far it is definitely feeling like the game is meant to be played by 4 humans. The entire playthough it's seemed like the computer had unfair advantages. It's difficult to sometimes tell which is the easy AI and which is the hard one.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Oh, Dan :allears: the enemies had been Countering you for the entire episode and you still had to Strike.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wonder if the Wii version made any changes to the balance? All these episodes and there are probably a dozen things we have yet to see outside of gopher quests.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I kinda lost it when you did that chant and slowly became more silent as it dawned on you what the USA has done to you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I like how Dr. Moron has evolved to brag about himself, while staring in Danaru's direction.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 11 - Fresh To Death

Danaru posted:

They might have a comically large number advantage, knowledge of all the rules and secrets, and can see what the next dozen spinner numbers are going to be, but don't count us out yet :smugbert: they can only simulate rudeness, we LIVE it.

:smugbert::smugbert::smugbert::smugbert::smugbert:

By the way, Tortoiseontour made a forum solely dedicated to LPs, and I've started crossposting this LP there too! It's a pretty rad forum, and I'll keep posting to this thread as well of course, but just in case you wanted to see other vectors of commentary

Danaru fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 4, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I totally forgot there was an overarching quest thing...was wondering why everybody was suddenly wandering back to Dokapon Castle. :doh:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That quest slowed Dr. Moron down significantly. Maybe enough for Estelle to catch up.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
It's probably a good thing that you two are starting to use your money and items while you have them finally. After all those times that stuff got stolen away it seems this game warrants a use it or lose it playstyle.

Warmal posted:

So far it is definitely feeling like the game is meant to be played by 4 humans. The entire playthough it's seemed like the computer had unfair advantages. It's difficult to sometimes tell which is the easy AI and which is the hard one.
Aren't they both easy? Even if so, is there even a difference? The cpu's are wiping the floor with everything for basically the whole game so far. Even if it were 3 humans versus 1 easy cpu, I'd still wager it would run loops around them. :ohdear:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

pick-e posted:

Aren't they both easy?

Estelle is easy, Steve is medium. Imagine what a hard one would be like.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 5, 2017

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dan, if you have the chance try threatening to attack the Item Store lady, Magic Store kitty, and Traveling Merchant. They have some funny reactions!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I will applaud that master march-stealing from Steve. Did not think you'd make it back, but it seems an odd point to end a chapter on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Dr. Moron now has five stealing items and someone just spent an assload of cash on items.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Dokapon Kingdom Episode 12 - Let's Get Dokapon-ing

So as you may notice, the only way to get to South America is through the Grand Lost Woods that is Mexico to Panama. You have to land on the tile to get in and out.

And the AI knows what will be rolled and when.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game could really use a constant influx of quests instead of this poking around clearing towns until the king has something to say.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
"Wait, what does Forgive do?" is very representative of this LP as a whole.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Steve's PKing is just goddamn ridiculous.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
I know people have said that the AI doesn't cheat, but when Dan used that charm potion, and then the very next turn, Steve rolled the perfect amount to go to a roulette space, and then just so happened to get his own charm potion, and then the next turn after that, rolled the exact amount he needed to go back to the very same town and reclaim it... That's mighty suspicious.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Skrewtape posted:

I know people have said that the AI doesn't cheat, but when Dan used that charm potion, and then the very next turn, Steve rolled the perfect amount to go to a roulette space, and then just so happened to get his own charm potion, and then the next turn after that, rolled the exact amount he needed to go back to the very same town and reclaim it... That's mighty suspicious.

It cheats in that it has perfect information about the game state (afaik). It doesn't cheat by screwing with the numbers that come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh so it's more like read/playing an CYOA book with a friend who memorized every passage and combination possible. Good thing this game has the equivalent of yanking the book, making it unreadable and setting it aflame as intended mechanics.

• Locked thread