Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

cant cook creole bream posted:

The way this is going I actually expected Estele to somehow breeze trough the whole game in 5 videos.

Here's what I think happened. The AI difficulty is stored as an integer. Something like 5 is easy 50 is medium and 100 is hard. But the game adds or subtracts up to 6 points. By an underflow error her difficulty is now 255. Or it's a long int and her difficulty is around 4 Billion.
Or it's stupid random chance combined with a cursed game.

Her words are backed with NUKE.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I can wait to see you LP the franchise.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am rooting for Dr. Moron. He can't be terrible the entire game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
We do not recognize the name of Steve.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

I like how at the beginning of the video, you were talking about how everything is going to be fine, because you saved plenty of times

Ostriches aren't endangered. In fact they are raised as livestock and their meat is lean and delicious.
My work place sells their eggs for about $40 the last I looked.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hope there will be more hate mail to pass on to other people.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

year199X posted:

gently caress this game. I never managed to play more than an hour past the first chapter with my friends.

The Roshambo bullshit is hilariously rigged. One game we all decided to only ever pick one of the choices for the entire game, so one of us would only pick scissors, etc. After, no joke, losing every single time in the first round after about 5 hours of this garbage game, on a whim we decided to pick a different thing, and naturally the computer picked the proper opposite.

Anyway, good luck with this LP, you mad man.
Except for Princess Tomato and Xenogears, I am convinced every game you play Janken is rigged.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hail Satan.:worship:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Ever since Satan lost her weapon and been relegated to last place, she apparently discovered how to see the future, and waited until it was possible for the rolls to allow her to make a pact with Weber. She might be the Contact and scummed enough future possibilities just to land her at the perfect place to let her Id take over.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait until Grace or Dan becomes the Darkling.
Grace is going to become a deadite at this rate.

Obligatum VII posted:

Dr. Moron knew. That's why he was buying those vanishes. Those prevent players from being able to attack you, right?
First selling his vanish just to mock you and then doing a 180 shortly after, like the game was dead set on making it happen. I think it also prevents encounters in empty spaces.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Perfect timing for the wabbits to show up after meeting the other doctor.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Remember that he was in the USA when he said that. That place brings out the absolute worst in people.
It was built over thousands of American Indian burial grounds.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 15, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I did enjoy how the AI also made a silent peace pact until they both got so far ahead of you two, that they are fighting each other now.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I like how instead of a haircut, Dr. Moron got a rabbit hood.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
When this Satan returns to normal, Dan looks to be far behind without more levels.
The spells in the game are stated to cause 1 damage if they can hit the AI. Is that accurate?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Two weeks and Dr. Moron already recouped most of his losses from his fight with Satan, who summoned a monster invasion that took about 8 towns in one day.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wonder if the Wii version made any changes to the balance? All these episodes and there are probably a dozen things we have yet to see outside of gopher quests.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I like how Dr. Moron has evolved to brag about himself, while staring in Danaru's direction.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That quest slowed Dr. Moron down significantly. Maybe enough for Estelle to catch up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Dr. Moron now has five stealing items and someone just spent an assload of cash on items.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game could really use a constant influx of quests instead of this poking around clearing towns until the king has something to say.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is more like it reads the turn order in Final Fantasy Tactics and automatically picks the most effective/fast move, while beating their nemesis' next turn.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Forgall posted:

You have to take those shields away from them. Somehow...
Get good at the game?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You should have stockpiled those keys.
Another chance for the robot and no go.
Now he has free reign over a bunch of towns and a crippled prized monster to boot.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A hard AI player would only go after the player. Not like the AI has anything to lose if another AI player wins.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I like how that sword was about two tiers stronger and fixed the penalties of his previous weapon. A perfect upgrade for the Doctor of War.
Are we a quarter of the way done with the game?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
At least you will be able to survive Wabbit season long enough to get the shields the next time it happens.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Someday, he will beat that ninja.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I expected it to be against death spells, since that is usually how it works.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A guy in a bunny hood posing for a win? Just do it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I want to see a real fight between Wabbit shield and old school high single stat weapon/shield combo. How much of a damage reduction would 40 extra defense add?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the shield change was because Estelle finally caught up to first and Dr.M had to pass the torch by making himself weaker. He also might have done it so neither of you can steal his shield if you somehow got the upper hand.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Danaru posted:

:magical: Holy poo poo I missed that, I didn't know that could happen
Hehe. That happened a few times in the game, though it was also by saving a town by killing a weaker monster.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I bet hard mode would have let the AI keep their OP shields. Doesn't look like many towns are still occupied.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I find it funny the AI is programmed to toss Wabbit Shields in place of other shields because that would make them too OP.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The second half of the video is giving Dr.M money. Over half a million from some rich donors. I was surprised nobody got into debt this video and it looks like money is finally a small issue to repay. Estelle's outfit would be better without that dumb hat, but it does look like trolling when you lose to a giant two-faced wabbit.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The AI doesn't seem to be so good at the end game if you can catch up with Wabbit Shields. It is making errors like an idiot.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Dr.M has a great hairstyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ
A great theme song.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hope that is not news to them. That happened multiple times already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That badly timed Vanish was probably done for a different reason than waiting out the Devil Time. Would that have prevented the GDR from assassinating DR.M if he was visible?

• Locked thread