Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Great reffing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How is that even possible?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Haha. Awesome. I think Canada were cool though, they had the goalie pulled.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

ThinkTank posted:

Haha. Awesome. I think Canada were cool though, they had the goalie pulled.

Yeah it didn't look like they called it on that clusterfuck change but if they did then OK I guess.

:iiam:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A well earned loss.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pleads posted:

Yeah it didn't look like they called it on that clusterfuck change but if they did then OK I guess.

:iiam:

Oh yeah for optics alone Canada deserved a penalty. That was like watching tike players trying to make a line change.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Canada picking up right where they left off last year

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

IF Ingram sees the crease again (barring some massive Hart meltdown that Canada still wins in the QF) I will not be stunned.

Bench Bean. Harvest his stem cells to regrow Myer's broken brain, ASAP.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hell of a combover on that american kid.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Raising the flag seems to be a bad omen

Kale
May 14, 2010

Powershift posted:

so many man. many many many many man.

Wish death 'pon me

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
USA #1

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I can't wait for Toronto's Centennial celebration to be Team USA celebrating on ACC ice.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/815343872838684672

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnlRrxXv-v8

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I've seen 1 of the scouting sites list Hischier as the #1 pick and it looks at least a little justified here.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/816090027587473408

:spooky:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

That's bad, but not totally unexpected. I feel like the WJC excitement has totally disappeared these last couple years. I couldn't tell you why, but it just seems less fun overall these days. Almost like it got too important and people started to take it too seriously, and its slapdash nature was what made it so enjoyable in the first place.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

That's bad, but not totally unexpected. I feel like the WJC excitement has totally disappeared these last couple years. I couldn't tell you why, but it just seems less fun overall these days. Almost like it got too important and people started to take it too seriously, and its slapdash nature was what made it so enjoyable in the first place.
Putting it in Montreal/Toronto twice in a short span was a really odd decision. I think it has the opposite effect that they're going for, where it makes the whole thing feel smaller and less important. It's the kind of thing you can do really well putting it in Saskatoon, you don't need 2 separate cities that could host the Summer Olympics.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Nice goal by Ke$ha.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Putting it in Montreal/Toronto twice in a short span was a really odd decision. I think it has the opposite effect that they're going for, where it makes the whole thing feel smaller and less important. It's the kind of thing you can do really well putting it in Saskatoon, you don't need 2 separate cities that could host the Summer Olympics.

It's also got a little bit of that Winter Classic feel to it. It was fun when it was new (well in the sense that anyone watched it new), but now we're constantly told just how important it is and I find myself tuning it out.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

It's also got a little bit of that Winter Classic feel to us. It was fun when it was new (well in the sense that anyone watched it new), but now we're constantly told just how important it is and I find myself tuning it out.
Well, on that note and mine, they're doing Canada/USA as an outdoor game at Ralph Wilson Stadium next year.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

At least they're playing with hustle now

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
TSN blew it on that goal

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

God drat.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Tommy Chabs :stare:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

This is nuts.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Chabot will save Ottawa.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Sea Dog Chabot is a force to be reckoned with.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
is this nuts?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just signed in to say Jake Bean is fuckin terrible and never makes a smart play

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Paulocaust posted:

Just signed in to say Jake Bean is fuckin terrible and never makes a smart play

Yeah any time the mention his name I brace for a bad turnover.

Also why is Ingram in the net.

e: Chabot is a fuckin saviour of Canada tonight

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
How the hell is Chabot so chill at the blue line with the puck under pressure

e: Dubois has been super underwhelming so far

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 3, 2017

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Jesus Cirelli just about had his loving neck broken at the end there, did that entire hit go unnoticed somehow?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

The Dirty Burger posted:

How the hell is Chabot so chill at the blue line with the puck under pressure

e: Dubois has been super underwhelming so far

Watching him play here against other Q teams is fun. He's head and shoulders over most players he goes against.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I love all the stupid IIHF trinkets and poo poo they have to give out. Poor kids that just got beat down have to stand on the ice like dildos for like half an hour.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
as an ottawa senators fan, i am very happy that thomas chabot is my personal property

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I was talking to someone that volunteered at the previous tournament in TO/MON and she said that Montreal never really sold tickets to the games, they basically had to paper the place in giveaways to get a crowd in. Going back was definitely a mistake.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So the consensus at work tonight was that Connor Ingram kind of sucks. Canada has it's hands full with Sweden regardless.

Interesting stat line, Canada entered the medal round with the worst collective save percentage of all competing teams to advance. .882. Hockey Canada has needed to work on this for years at this point though along with the whole don't parade to the penalty box against top competition like USA/Russia/Sweden etc.

Kale fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 3, 2017

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Going back was definitely a mistake.

They were already locked in and didn't have a choice. The Toronto/Montreal thing was a multi-year agreement to make sure each city got a gold medal game. The IIHF saw how disappointing the crowds were for the one in Toronto, but couldn't change it.

Maybe this, coupled with the World Cup will finally convince people that just dumping a hockey tournament in Toronto will somehow make it a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh wanted it too for 2018 and would be a great venue for it but they opted for Buffalo instead. I get that I guess because of the travel issue but Pittsburgh would pack that poo poo if they brought it there just for the novelty.

• Locked thread