Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Eyes Of My Mother, from first time director Nicolas Pesce, is a movie that I've been unable to stop thinking about since I saw it weeks ago. The trailer gives a good sense of the style of the film. Here's an official plot summary:

In their secluded farmhouse, a mother, formerly a surgeon in Portugal, teaches her daughter, Francisca, to understand anatomy and be unfazed by death. One afternoon, a mysterious visitor horrifyingly shatters the idyll of Francisca’s family life, deeply traumatizing the young girl, but also awakening some unique curiosities. Though she clings to her increasingly reticent father, Francisca’s loneliness and scarred nature converge years later when her longing to connect with the world around her takes on a distinctly dark form.

I won't say too much about this other than it's a gorgeous and horrifying movie that every horror fan needs to see. As I said in the horror thread, it's like a brief, beautiful glimpse of hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2adx_ScA8

Official website

It's currently playing in some theaters and also available to buy on Amazon Video, iTunes, Google Play, and a whole bunch of other places. It's well worth the $6.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
This is the best horror movie of 2016. Overall I think its been a pretty weak year but The Eyes of My Mother kind of makes up for it all on its own. I will definitely be owning this at some point, I paid $7 to rent it and I already want to watch it again.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

No clue what this is.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Spatulater bro! posted:

No clue what this is.

A mute, female sniper that only wears a bikini and fishnet stockings on the battlefield because she breathes through her skin.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Just a friendly reminder: watch this loving movie!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

It's worth renting and watching dunno if I'd call it the best horror of 2016 the ending is kind of flat.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hollismason posted:

It's worth renting and watching dunno if I'd call it the best horror of 2016 the ending is kind of flat.

Yeah this is my feeling too. I saw this at a festival after watching another thriller with an abrupt and unsatisfying ending (Always Shine) so despite some nice visuals and unsettling moments I left the theatre a bit let down.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This makes a fantastic double feature with Excision

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I thought this was fantastically creepy and unsettling. I'm not sure it was my favorite horror film of the year (that would be the Wailing for me), but it was wonderfully weird and I liked that the film begins with a creepy man who turns out not to be the creepiest person in the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Eyes of My Mother comes out on Blu-ray on March 7th. Currently it's $17.23 to pre-order on Amazon.

I don't think the special features have been announced yet.

• Locked thread