Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Oh jeez. What exactly is "a scoop"? Like, a cup? Or one of those 3 cup scoops I used to see some people bring with their dog food when boarding it at the kennel I worked at? Big difference, and I'm gonna guess it's the latter(or worse than that), and not the former, because if your dog gained 2x it's weight in 4 months, it wouldn't be on 2-3 cups a day. Walking 2 times a week? For a BC? :psyduck: You need to feed the dog less and exercise it more, same as you would if you were trying to lose weight. You're rewarding your dog for bad behavior by feeding it when it gets mouthy. When it starts doing that, nondramatically remove either it or yourself from it's presence(leave the room, or put the dog in another room). What you're teaching it is it gets what it wants if it starts biting you.

Post the fat dog.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Look on your bag of dog food and follow the directions for how much he should get for his ideal weight. Feed that daily and not any more.

I wouldn't even feed the amount on the bag, since that almost always results in overfeeding(for numerous reasons like they don't want to get sued for someone starving their dog so they go on the high end, and they sell more food that way, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

CharlesM posted:

Ok guys, calm down. That doesn't help. This person obviously wants help. These flippant answers don't help.

Mine wasn't flippant. His dog gained 2x its weight in 4 months, I said they needed to adjust diet and exercise it more.

• Locked thread