Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Hmm. Googling 'any topic' on my phone, which definitely sends a mobile user agent, and I don't get any amp results. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones

You're on the wrong side of the AB test, bitch. Prepare to eat my dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

emoji posted:

Content begins here:

i'm the script source domain xjs.qs.en_US.po-qCVKkoPk.0

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Shifty Pony posted:

sharing is probably poo poo because google realized that most of that will happen on Facebook and twitter so they didn't make it a priority.

surprised they don't try to encourage sharing via google+

they could try to combine amp and google+ to do Xanadu-style "transclusion" instead of sharing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

why the hell can't i right click->refresh in edge, come on ui designers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

one time from out of no where I was asked to speak about I topic I know nothing about [farming] in front of 200 people [farmers] and they acknowledged my ability to speak on their level even though I made poo poo up as I spoke for 20 minutes about farming.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Ciaphas posted:

I'm just gonna ask, is Safari actually cool and good or is this some weird apple yospos thing

Safari is a good browser, I don't get people who use a Mac and insist on using Chrome

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

yeah if you're on a MacBook use safari, chrome is bad in general but they apparently did no optimizations and it just murders batteries in macOS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eschaton posted:

Safari is a good browser, I don't get people who use a Mac and insist on using Chrome

Chrome syncs all my poo poo and is completely platform agnostic. Checkmate bitch. Enjoy your vendor moat as the epic tar and feathers rain down from the battlements Mother Fucker.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah an Edge window just crashed and took the whole browser with it, back to chrome~

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah an Edge window just crashed and took the whole browser with it, back to chrome~

:chome:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

safari on iOS is great because it has Adblock and Adblock is the only thing worth caring about in a browser

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

there are only two important qualities in a browser: adblock and not being a laggy buggy crashy piece of poo poo

lotta browsers have the first one but nobodys figured out that second bit

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
:yeah:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

anyone remember using Camino on mac? I also used something called shiira for a while

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
camino was amazingly fast b/c it flat out didn't support some of the newer web poo poo (css3) or 99% of the dumbest edge-case rendering situations

that was back in the day when IE 5 was the best mac browser.

The Store
May 2, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

yeah i already had that moment and it pissed me off

seriously though none of this would have happened if publishers didn't load their pages with megabytes of useless bullshit cruft. the actual content of a news article is a few kilobytes at most and yet it takes tens of seconds to load a page these days thanks to all the unnecessary poo poo they throw in around it. a few weeks ago i tried to view a washington post article on my phone and everything but the article text loaded. the banner, the ads, the images, those clickbait links at the bottom, the related articles, they all loaded, but the one thing that i was there to see was loving blank. i had to switch to requesting the desktop page to read the loving article.

and when it bugs you to subscribe and covers up the entire page, you can just view the source of the page and read the whole article for free

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I like the phrase "distilled aids" and I'll make sure to use it at some point. Cheers OP.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

It's Google's new scheme to increase telemetry and ad revenue by breaking all first page links by replacing them with links to their CDN under the guise of an 'open source initiative', making them unshareable without extra work and randomly failing to load at all if you have an adblocker, and when you disable adblocker it will autoplay video ads and stuff.

does this have any tie in to hangouts always putting urls you put into convos behind a google redirect, because that's annoying as gently caress

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

I too am _wtf _Dtf as long as there is none of this distilled aids i keep hearing of

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Advertising is the stupidest business model ever and it's unbelievable it's managed to pretend to be effective all these years even though 90% of these ad supported sites are really just riding a VC wave to nowhere

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

a VC wave to nowhere

dont speak ill of the global economy

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

a VC wave of mutilation

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mods rename the tech bubel thread

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
a VC road to nowhere is the superior music reference

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Syncopated posted:

a VC road to nowhere is the superior music reference

It's good too

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
agreed. it is distilled AIDS, op (gay as hell + spread by loving assholes)

if they had opt-out it'd be distilled zika (only a problem for n00bs)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mods rename someone to AMP AIDS distillate

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going down the VC road, feelin bad

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

emoji posted:

Content begins here:

Now That's What I Call Hypertext

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Smythe posted:

Chrome syncs all my poo poo and is completely platform agnostic. Checkmate bitch. Enjoy your vendor moat as the epic tar and feathers rain down from the battlements Mother Fucker.

smythe, have you tried Opera? It's Chrome, but with some tightly integrated and useful features, and some primo speed optimizations (opts)

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

smythe, have you tried Opera? It's Chrome, but with some tightly integrated and useful features, and some primo speed optimizations (opts)

does it syn c to the goog account. because if not, well...

:chome::chome:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

atomicthumbs posted:

Now That's What I Call Hypertext

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

chome

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It's good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

e: wrong thread

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 2, 2017

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Satellit3 posted:

does it syn c to the goog account. because if not, well...

:chome::chome:

it can import all your stuff from chrome and sync to "opera link" which i will admit is not as convenient for using chorme on my phone

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Opera is such a Chrome copy at this point that you can literally go on to the Chrome App Store and install Chrome extensions in Opera, such as the fantastic and probably broken now SA Needful

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
opera IS chrome with a different skin and added amazon affiliate bookmarks

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also ive been seeing amp results for months on my phone but never really noticed any difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

A normally very intelligent family member of mine thinks the internet as we know it is going to structurally collapse within a decade because not enough people are learning how to maintain its backbones and about its underlying protocols (TCP, IP, etc)

To be fair to him, sometimes I hope he's right about Level3

sounds like a moron. sever

• Locked thread