Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MidnightSun
Feb 15, 2011

I am Truthless
Hey people, it's the near aftermath of the holiday season and I'm looking to start spend some money on myself again for something other than dental infections and meds therefore. I have a specific item that I'm hunting down with little success, and I'm hoping that greater tech nerds than myself can inform me what I'm actually looking for with my requirements in mind.

I want to invest in a video capture device so that I can do some Let's Plays or other silly such things like I used to back in the good old days. However, I have two requirements that are proving difficult to find,, especially on the same device, so that I can attempt this activity with my significantly weenier PC:

1) Able to record off a TV, preferably through just an HDMI port, but that's w/e so long as it can at all.

2) Records to someplace other than PC, USB, SD card, or its own internal storage makes no difference. Really, just so long as it does not require an open and running program on a connected PC to work, I can always rig it to record to an external drive there.

Let's pretend that I don't have a budget here, though if there are enough choices out there which fit these requirements for those making suggestions to give an option for plebes and bourgeoisie alike, it would be appreciated. That being said, something that records at 60fps would be pretty rad, especially if it can be purchased on a budget, though that's more of a wish list item than a requirement when it boils down to the essentials.

**EDIT** By the way, I'm not looking to stream on Twitch or some such nonsense, so whether or not the device lets you do that is immaterial to my needs.

MidnightSun fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread