Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

as toyetic as it's possible to be

I had a chance to pop into a genuine Disney store in North Park Mall in Dallas, just before Christmas. Zero Zootopia stuff. Zero. I truly do not understand.

By the way, the MLP movie is going to be garbage and the only bronies that will say it's good will be kindred spirits of the kinds of people that still diligently watch the Simpsons.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aces High posted:

After watching King of the Hill for so many years I just think of Donald's incoherent speech like I do with Boomhauer. They both are coherent to the other characters in the show and that's a big part of the joke, I find both to be coherent enough at the right times when you absolutely need to understand what they are saying.

Though, I dunno, lots of people couldn't understand Bane because of the accent Tom Hardy was putting on mixed with whatever post-processing they were doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyGfiIirD8

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Anton Ego is one of the best Disney "villains" period. He's not evil. He's not even really wrong, he's just contextually terrifying and kind of a jerk, and the resolution to his arc doesn't involve him recanting or dying horribly. He just remembers that it's important to enjoy what you do.

I loved how perfectly they got across the idea that the taste of the ratatouille was casting a warm sunrise over Ego's very soul.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

Two of my favorite little details about Anton Ego: dude was going to do a spit take but stopped when he saw the vintage of the wine he was drinking, and he didn't make fun of the plate of ratatouille like the other guy did

He stopped mid-spit take to check the vintage. Anton Ego would never let a mere reflex action waste a good wine.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DC Murderverse posted:

I think the "But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so" line feels like an artist putting words in the mouth of a straw man (like, I don't think I could imagine Roger Ebert writing it), but the bit about how a great artist can come from anywhere is really beautiful.

His mom's ratatouille would qualify as an average piece of junk to anyone else.