Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dregma
Nov 4, 2004

I want my empire back, you son of a bitch!
Okay, first Princess Leia buys it, and less than 24 hours later Richard Adams, author of my favorite book as a teen, "Watership Down", also bought the farm (bought the warren?).

John Oliver was right: gently caress you, 2016.

At least Adams lived to a ripe old age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Watership Down is badass for readers of all ages, I was over 30 when I discovered it and it still gives me goosebumps.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's a brilliant book; I've owned two copies. (Which is pretty lame of me when I still have yet to crack Shardik or any of his other books, admittedly.)

Honestly, though, it's hard to get all "gently caress 2016!" when he died a peaceful death at friggin' 96. It's sad that he died, but there's nothing remotely sad or surprising about the actual event.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I've read Shardik. It's. . . No Watership Down.

I've got a first edition signed hardback of Watership though. It was an obvious classic and my parents bought copies to store away.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I read Watership Down for the first time this year, and assumed the author was long dead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's been a real hare-owing year.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

If 2016 is killing all these lame people then I think it's pretty good actually

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
So what if, like, WE live in the Warren of Snares, and, like, all these celebrity deaths are like, the enemy's price, maaan? :2bong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
There is, or rather was, a militant vegan atheist post-hardcore band based on Watership Down. I poo poo you not. And it was awesome. The Fall of Efrafa.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3q3zlgH-jM

• Locked thread