Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
So, I'm sitting here, reading an article about a film called "I Wait for the Moment That You Love Me" movie that came out recently. I read the synopsis, and it dawned on me: These are literal children. What do they know about love?

I often wonder what high school was like for manga-Ka's who write in this particular genre (would it be right to call it a genre?)

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
High School Is Such A Serious Thing, These Problems Matter

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

There are a number of reasons for this, but one element to keep in mind is that for whatever reason (possibly because both Junior and High school are 3 years as opposed to the 2/4 years common in America) Middle School is often given more focus in Japan when it comes to fiction (high school-related fiction and romance is also common in the West, so that isn't something unique to Japan). College also doesn't have the same cultural association as it does in the US (in the sense of being this fun time when you expand your horizons, etc), so high/middle school sort of fills the roll that a lot of college-related fiction does in the US.

I feel like this somewhat plays a role in Japanese Pop Culture's absolutely insane obsession with youth (even moreso than western society), where you're considered "old" if youre in your 30s

• Locked thread