Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My only power is the power of persuasion?

Well gently caress.

You'll always be Santa Claus in my heart :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I dunno, I feel like I've never actually seen Tobbs lie in a Mafia game before (or be scum) and claiming VT is exactly what I'd expect him to do if he were VT.

##vote KB for lurking :)

Also hi Byers! Long time no see!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol at this point I'm the only claimed VT. I for one would like to know if we're playing a cult game or not. Two of the setups don't have cops, so the cult setup with no WNM is probably legitimate.

With doctors/jailors in the game the lack of two NKs wouldn't exactly be definitive, unless you want to wait a couple nights and see if there are two kills eventually?

I kind of feel like you're jumping the gun on trying to figure out the setup on d1 but I appreciate the effort.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

one last ride of 2016

also

this is scum post, knowing what i know from my own PM

##vote stickup

Can you extrapolate a bit on how stickups post gave you a scum read?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

I was waiting to see how you'd respond to this and this is horseshit, this is what you said before when pushed:

So how does your bad case on stickup go from a flavor case to a role-based case in response to a flavor-related jokepost?

My scum-dar is going off on Pod :( His tone regarding his read on AR feels too confident for a town d1 case. ##vote Pod

Podima posted:

##vote AR This is a scum fake case. The OP explicitly says flavor is meaningless.

What makes you so sure it's a scum fakecase and not just AR having not read the OP too closely?

Absurd Revolver posted:

nice try

as someone who ran a little game called BORING COREY i'd like to think i'm somewhat of an expert on BORING things

my flavor is boring, and i am town. i'm going to surmise from this that other town players are probably boring as well.

your post does not match up with that assumption, thus u are scum

Like to me, I can see a world where stickup made his post about "boring mafia" and then AR said "if you don't realize town is boring, that's scummy". At least, enough so that I have doubts that the way that went down automatically makes AR scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Holy poo poo, I haven't read this game since last year. :rimshot: Happy 2017, all!

Infinitum posted:

Or we just Turbo Tobbs cause he's scum.

Came into a game that started on NYE and instead of just chillin out and joke posting, makes 3 straight up scummy as gently caress serious posts that role fished, told town to claim, and played off info found in the op as reading his role PM.
He's scum.

I don't think that weighing the pros and cons of claiming is necessarily scummy, even if I don't think claiming d1 is the correct play.

I still think that Pod's case on AR is the scummiest thing I've seen so far.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

this is a stickup posted:

doesn't feel like a joke to me

What's the alternative? Scum AR said "I have information from my role PM" and then realized after the fact that it was a mistake to draw attention to himself?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers is another one like Tobbs where I don't think I've ever actually seen his scum game before. But right now my read on him is that he seems comfortable sharing his thoughts in an uninhibited way which so far feels town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I feel like where the case goes from nothing to "Ehhh, maybe there's something there" is when it became, in AR's own words, a role-based case rather than just a flavor-based case. I still can't see how there's anything role-specific that would make AR change the jokephase posts into a serious vote.

I read it as serious in the way that any D1 case is serious - stickup was acting like he didn't realize that town roles are "boring", and so AR accused him of being scum for it.

Regardless of whether or not he's right, there's nothing inherently scummy to me about trying to case someone on flimsy logic this early in the game. To me, it sounds more like a case made by scum to throw shade on AR than an actually thing that a scum player would do.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

It's not just weighing the pros and cons of claiming, it's asking for just VTs to claim. This exposes the power roles and give either cum team a pretty clear indication of the scenario (Scum A would have an exact idea, Scum B have a 50% chance at an exact idea while also being able to better target the recruiting in the scenarios they wouldn't know), while still leaving the town behind in the knowledge department. That's what pinged me about it earlier, it's a middle ground approach that helps scum more than town.

The only reason I can see for Tobbs to make that request is that he thinks it'll help town more than it'll help scum. The way that he shares his thought process behind the notion makes me feel like he believed what he was saying, regardless of whether or not he was right.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

You realize it is possible for someone to have been asleep the entire time this game has been open, right?

Especially someone who is sick?

If you want a window into my current posting style, you can take a look at Taste's recently failed game. I was town there, and not posting much. Chances are high this game will be similar until I feel better, but we shall see. Maybe people will be wrong and I'll have to correct them.

I hope you're feeling better soon! I get scum vibes from your posting this game but feel like it's reasonable to believe that it might just be a circumstance of you feeling under the weather.

Byers2142 posted:

I think the hang-up for me, where I think there might be some validity, is the difference between flavor and role. AR made this post...

... which suggests it went beyond a flavor argument, both explicitly and implicitly. Explicitly, he says it's tied to his role. Implicitly, if it were just flavor and he used the wrong word there's no reason not to talk about that flavor case more because flavor is not tied to role.

To me, the only thing it could possibly have been was thinking of flavor and role as the same thing. If I were "Joe McBoring" and I was a watcher, for example, I could see the word "role" used to describe either trait, and my read on things is that AR was thinking of more the former than the latter.

...because what other explanation can make sense? We have all of the possible roles in the game laid out for us, so it seems near-impossible that scum-AR would decide to try and lie about something like that on D1.

I feel weird defending AR like I know his thoughts better than he does, but I feel like the push on him right now is way way scummier than he is.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, that's why I'm asking for AR to explain the difference in those posts, because I can't get a clear idea of WTF I think from what's there so far.

Fair enough. I still feel pretty strong about Podima but there haven't really been any new interactions there since I cased him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OMGVBFLOL posted:

That read from Tobbs is so transparently "let's find someone to smear to get the heat off my scumbro"

The only thing you said was "no no no dig up stupid!" so I don't think it's a mischaracterization for Tobbs to have said that you didn't appear to have a strong reason for it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Atomic Soda posted:

i went and had a look at pods posts. his ar case is basic sure but is in response to some pretty scummy ar posting.

hey ar, when mmt asked you this:

you answered:

i agree with pod that this is a pretty suss response. this wasn't the basis of your original argument, and this post in itself could be considered disadvantageous to town.

the follow up post from ar does not convince me:

also in response to stickup:

ar when i asked you about the assumption that all town are 'boring' you confirmed you were not joking no?

i don't think pod is suss for pursuing this and will vote. i'm interested that you think this case is weak enough to vote pod for it mmt.

##vote ar

Not only did I think the case was weak when other people made it, the fact that your read was basically just reciting the case that had been made on AR makes me suspicious of you as well.

I understand having a null read on Pod, but I don't see how you can possibly have a town read there. Podima made a case on AR and then vanished when I accused it of being suspicious, how does that absolve him from possibly being scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Phonebound for awhile

Kashuno posted:

i haven't read anything yet what is the AR case

It's what scum is pushing to try and drive a mislynch today.

I'd vote any of pod, AS, or omg before I'd vote AR.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I don't read MT as having a strong town read on AR, instead he's pointing out that he could understand AR's play coming from a town mentality; look at the conversation he and I had about it. His point has been that the push on AR feels scummy, and that's what he's basing his D1 voting/casing on thus far. It's a mischaracterization of his posts to say he has an extremely town read on AR, rather than acknowledging that he simply found and still finds the AR case weak, which is literally, exactly what he posted.

Female pronouns please! :j:

I admittedly have a town read on AR, because:

(a) I don't think the way he has approached the game (making a flimsy d1 case based on flavor, lying to get reactions from people) is scummy.
(b) I think that in a world where AR is town, scum would absolutely be focusing on him d1 because it's an easy case to make, and to me it looks like that's what's happening here.
(c) Pod, who was very aggressive about casing AR (in a way that triggered a meta read on him from me), vanished when I accused him of making a scum case. The fact that that happened plus the fact that no one else seems to find this suspicious makes me feel people are casing AR to take the heat off Pod.
(d) I thought AR's "if this is what's going to happen to me when I put effort in" post earlier felt sincere.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

the fact that you're defending AR so hard is sketching me out.

you know that you'll look horrible if AR flips scum, which to my mind makes it more likely that you're scum and AR is town. he flips town and you say I told you so.

I'm sharing my honest opinion, not worrying about how I'll look when I'm right or wrong. I'll stand by the fact that I think that most of the votes on AR look scummier than he does regardless of how he flips.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I actually agreed with mmt at first wrt pod, but the continued defense or ar felt really weird to me, and looking back over it, some replies or opinions felt forced or fake, and I can't shake the contradictory feel between mmt's stance + pod case + ar defense

Look at it from my perspective. Pod made what I feel was a scummy case on AR, and hasn't posted anything in-game since I voiced my suspicions. It's not like that's going to make my suspicion go away.

Meanwhile, other people are making similarly scummy cases on AR while Pod slides back under the radar:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

AR came flying out of the gate announcing he was convinced what the scum flavor is. One player makes an intentional misread of my posts, followed by AR jumping in with a "hey yeah!!" and some playground tough guy poo poo lmao

tobbs + ar scum, my vote stands

Atomic Soda posted:

i went and had a look at pods posts. his ar case is basic sure but is in response to some pretty scummy ar posting.

:words:

ar when i asked you about the assumption that all town are 'boring' you confirmed you were not joking no?

i don't think pod is suss for pursuing this and will vote. i'm interested that you think this case is weak enough to vote pod for it mmt.

##vote ar

I'm sorry, but the fact that people are hanging their hat on a relatively minor non-scummy action by AR at the start of the game looks very clearly scummy to me, and I'll keep saying it until people see it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

You know better than to make 'he vanished!' calls over a holiday weekend, MMT - especially when you're ignoring others who have posted far less, like Kash. Catching up now!

I know but I really think you're scum though :glomp: My case on you isn't technically a lurker case, since I brought it up when you were still actively posting. The only reason I found the lurking suspicious is that it felt like it didn't start until I was suspicious. I'm curious to know if your read on AR has evolved at all after a re-read through the game.

Also so it's out there I see Kash shitposting and not doing anything as a null tell, especially on D1. If he's scum I think he'll eventually try and lie for no reason and then get tripped up when questioned on it :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not seeing anything that really changes my mind on AR.

MMT, I'm curious, now that you see AR admitting he was lying, does that change your read of him?

I just saw this but I think I answered it elsewhere - no, if anything, his admitting that he was lying makes me feel more like he's town. I don't think scum would try to make a case based on fake information on D1 (as opposed to, say, hopping on another easy case and hoping not to get noticed).

Atomic Soda posted:

##vote ar

Atomic Soda posted:

agree it would be good to have pod come back and comment. any town read i have at this stage of the game is very weak i can sssure you.

My original case on Pod was based on the fact that he was projecting confidence about AR being scum in a way that felt fake to me. Until very recently he hadn't responded to the case, so it was perfectly reasonable for me to believe that scum-Pod was waiting for pressure to build elsewhere before addressing my case.

I'm also now pretty suspicious of AS* - she went from "Pod is not suspicious" to "I'm reserving judgement until Pod posts" when asked to explain her read there. It sounds like a faked opinion to me.

*(female pronouns, correct? :j:)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

Hey MMT what did you say your scumtell was at the meetup? I must have missed that, so I'm curious now.

When I'm going through a stressful period in my life*, if I'm town I will put a ton of effort in and be engaged and appreciate the distraction, whereas if I'm scum I'll see it as one more stressful thing to do and miserably limp along until I either mess up or freak/replace out. Admittedly though I like sharing my tells as a way to motivate myself to change them, so make of that what you will.

That said I'm gonna be out for awhile but should be around for deadline.

*(I have been stranded at my boyfriends moms house without a car for the last four days, including New Years Eve)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

Could you please point out where you got the latter of these two sentiments? I'm not seeing it.

On a phone but I was referring to the last AS quote I used. She said she wasn't suspicious of you, I asked why not, and her answer was "it was be good for pod to comment, any town read I have is weak".

It makes me feel like the original "I don't find pod suspicious" was an organic opinion.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm on a phone and won't have access to a computer, I still feel like pod is scum even if I can't prove it at this point but will vote to avoid a no lynch

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote AR to avoid a no lynch. I still strongly feel it should be pod.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh! ##vote pod

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

yeah, having gone back and read her posts, MMT seems like a mighty good suspect with the way she was defending me despite how bad my d1 play was, even before i gave anyone a real reason to think i was town. the way i see it, they had hoped that the town would carry the vote without them and would avoid getting their scumbro lynched, while also having a way of building cred when i flipped town. this is further supported by the fact that while she claimed she would vote OMG, she never did, which feels like MMT refusing to bus their scumbro which is something i absolutely could see MMT having a problem with, especially with how easily the vote could have turned on inf or myself.

however, MMT could also be cult recruiter, using some of the same motivations. if they are the cult recruiter, they have no support on d1 and need something to ingratiate themselves to the town, and being one of the only defenders of an easy lynch that lead to a town death is a good way to do that on an otherwise slow day.

I can totally see how my play last night would have seemed shady! I was at a friend's house with nothing but a phone and didn't check into the game until ~5 minutes before deadline. When I was trying to put out a vote to avoid a no-lynch I hadn't read any of the thread to that point. I've got nothing but time for the next few hours and will be catching up.

I'm VT and I agree that mass claiming at this point makes sense.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I can see this.

##vote AR

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not seeing anything that really changes my mind on AR.

MMT, I'm curious, now that you see AR admitting he was lying, does that change your read of him?

King Burgundy posted:

I think I'd go Inf as my second pick for today. He just doesn't seem like his towny self to me.

I also am a little twigged out by the people thinking Tobbs is scum so far, as I'm just not seeing it. So that adds OMG to the list and is another reason Inf is on there.

Right now I'd call KB my strongest scum read for D2. ##vote KB

While I acknowledge that sickness/holidays can take people out of Mafia, there are a few suspicious things about his D1 play:

(a) his original vote for AR was based on a really early D1 case and he never moved his vote off.
(b) when citing his other suspicions, he names Infi and OMG but makes sure to place Infi higher up on the list
(c) rather than questioning AR to further solidify his read, the only question he's asked so far is if AR lying changed my mind (after he declared that it didn't change his)
(d) his post history very much reads like he's just putting opinions out for the record instead of putting effort into scumhunting - I'd say this about anyone but it especially applies to KB (who I know loves cracking Mafia cases)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Atomic Soda posted:

she yes :)

sneaky sneaky mmt - you where the one who said i had a town read on pod, i was simply correcting your assumption.

here is what i said originally (references to pod only)

I'll hold my hand up and admit that I was extrapolating you saying that "pod wasn't suss" as "pod is town", which doesn't appear to have been what you were saying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

yeah, having gone back and read her posts, MMT seems like a mighty good suspect with the way she was defending me despite how bad my d1 play was, even before i gave anyone a real reason to think i was town. the way i see it, they had hoped that the town would carry the vote without them and would avoid getting their scumbro lynched, while also having a way of building cred when i flipped town. this is further supported by the fact that while she claimed she would vote OMG, she never did, which feels like MMT refusing to bus their scumbro which is something i absolutely could see MMT having a problem with, especially with how easily the vote could have turned on inf or myself.

I feel like I was very clear about why I had a town read on you - the things people were accusing you of doing (claim role-based information in an open setup) weren't inherently scummy, and it felt more like a case that scum would make than town would make. Given OMG's flip and D1 play, I was right.

Regarding my actions around the vote, I was at a friend's house with nothing but a phone and was held up there until 9:55. When I was checking in, I hadn't read any of the thread yet and my goal was to avoid a no-lynch. While I understand if people don't necessarily believe me about that, I feel like I've been pretty open about my thought processes this game.

King Burgundy posted:

For anyone who is claiming my posting is scummy based on meta, I challenge you to look at samples of my other games and you will see that is a nonsense argument. In my most recent game, my posting was the same as this one, and I was town. And you can see in any of my scum games that my posting is just as active and town leadery as scum.

The bottom line is, regardless of alignment, I post when able.

To be clear, my case on you isn't based solely on amount of content, it's based on your lack of interacting with people you claim to be suspicious of.

King Burgundy posted:

AR's case on MMT is the best thing on the table right now. He's said all I would have said.

Can you re-iterate the case on me in your own words? I feel like I've been pretty open about my thought processes all game and would imagine there should be plenty to case me on if you think I'm the scummiest person in the game. I hope there's more to it than "MMT said OMG was suspicious but didn't vote for him", because that would be a case of glass houses and stones.

You were still voting AR from the very early case on him when the day ended even though you named Infi as potentially suspicious as well. What are your reads on AR/Infi at the moment?

that's not really a valid reason to not mass claim at this point. the extra detail we would reveal at this point would help us more than them.

we have 3 claimed vt players, claimed doc, one dead scum, and a dead rt. a cult recruiter should have a good idea of how to pick off power roles at this point, and scum know who to target.

I think the advantages of a mass claim (forcing scum to make up a lie role that can be sussed out) outweigh the disadvantages of scum knowing who to target for things.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

Being on your phone isn't a defense against being called scummy. If it was I'd never get to be called scummy. Stop using it as a reason to give you a break and just answer the questions. It's not impossible to play while on the phone.

I've claimed my role, I've cased my strongest suspect with what I feel is solid reasoning, and the only reason I'm mentioning that I was on my phone last night is that people are using it as part of a case on me. Is there something specific you'd like me to answer that you don't feel I've explained yet?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, but that is a direct side effect of not being around to post at all. Hard to go after people when I'm not around and posting.

I dunno, when I posted this:

Murmur Twin posted:

Right now I'd call KB my strongest scum read for D2. ##vote KB

While I acknowledge that sickness/holidays can take people out of Mafia, there are a few suspicious things about his D1 play:

(a) his original vote for AR was based on a really early D1 case and he never moved his vote off.
(b) when citing his other suspicions, he names Infi and OMG but makes sure to place Infi higher up on the list
(c) rather than questioning AR to further solidify his read, the only question he's asked so far is if AR lying changed my mind (after he declared that it didn't change his)
(d) his post history very much reads like he's just putting opinions out for the record instead of putting effort into scumhunting - I'd say this about anyone but it especially applies to KB (who I know loves cracking Mafia cases)

You've made a few replies since I made this case, so from that I'm extrapolating that you've had some time to put into the game. In my opinion, you very much sidestepped most of the points that I was trying to make.

King Burgundy posted:

For anyone who is claiming my posting is scummy based on meta, I challenge you to look at samples of my other games and you will see that is a nonsense argument. In my most recent game, my posting was the same as this one, and I was town. And you can see in any of my scum games that my posting is just as active and town leadery as scum.

The bottom line is, regardless of alignment, I post when able.

I'm assuming KB was referring to AR here? I admit that I have a meta read on KB at the end of point (d) but it was only a small part of what I'm saying. I don't think "lack of time" explains the fact that KB's content doesn't sound like someone interested in finding scum.

King Burgundy posted:

AR's case on MMT is the best thing on the table right now. He's said all I would have said.

Going to wait on the result of the mass claim to place my vote though.

AR's case on me was made before I cased KB. In what world does a town KB make a case against his strongest scum suspect (me) without quoting/referencing the case I made on him?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

I just think it's bull poo poo that people throw out "I'm on my phone" like it means we should expect less from them, which is exactly why pure doing it. It's seems to me like more of a way to either be lazy town or skate by as scum. What you're saying is it's too hard to do the work so you refuse to, which is pretty lovely of a thing to do.

And no ones using you being on your phone as a reason to case you, you're using it as a defense, which I think is bullshit.

Specifically I was addressing this:

Absurd Revolver posted:

this is further supported by the fact that while she claimed she would vote OMG, she never did, which feels like MMT refusing to bus their scumbro which is something i absolutely could see MMT having a problem with, especially with how easily the vote could have turned on inf or myself.

Someone mentioned something I did as potentially scummy so I explained why I did it by telling the truth. If you think I'm scum for it, you're more than welcome to vote for me.

Are you implying that I'm trying to skate by this game? I feel like I've put out plenty of content so far.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Also, your case on me has nothing to do with my case on you. Why would I ever quote it for that purpose?

If I'm town and my strongest scum suspect tries to lead a mislynch on me, I'd almost definitely pick it apart point by point and explain myself. Like at the very least I'd expect you to reiterate why AR was scummy enough to vote for and why specifically Infi was a better vote than OMG.

Maybe that's just me, but I feel like that's normal human behavior. When people are falsely accused of something and they know they're in the right, they'll have a lot to say since they know they're in the right.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

i think she's saying it's not a valid excuse, because she plays almost entirely on her phone

Point taken, and fair enough. I wasn't trying to use it as an excuse, I was literally just answering why I did a specific thing a specific time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

you still haven't explained the two meaningless votes you made around deadline

I didn't check into the game until there were minutes left and I was multitasking it with more important real-life things.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

At this point I can't imagine a world where scum beats 2 trackers and a doctor so we might just go down the list of claimed VTs. The only other question is whether or not to get rid of Pod first.

My main suspect is KB still. Nothing really changed about how I feel there.

I reread stickup last night (of the VTs remaining he was the person I had the least strong opinion about) and feel like he could be suspicious - the mass claim basically locked the game up for town and he seemed like he was against it. Plus, I feel like his opinion has been all over the place.

I still don't think it's AR or Tobbs.

If people want to get rid of me first they're welcome to. I think it's crazy that people think I'm the most suspicious but we're far enough up that it doesn't really bother me if people have to sacrifice me to realize I've been honest.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

Ok but for real here's my abbreviated MMT case from cult doc because I need to get back to my workout:

- mmt knew exactly when deadline was and votecounts were posted when she was reading the thread, but rather than actually voting to secure a lynch she purposely split the vote 4-4 when infinitum told her that was an option if she voted for me, rather than voting for a lynch. heat-of-the-moment decisions are the most telling. (I get there's IRL stuff going on and am sympathetic, but I also have enough faith in her mafia gameplay abilities to be suspect of it as an excuse.)
- her case on me was garbage gut read, and she's dropped it completely today.
- her case on KB is more meta garbage AND is specifically focused on finding someone to be OMG's scumbuddy to cover herself up rather than scumhunting in general. the latter is telling, since she's not scumhunting - she's playing cleanup

I backed off you (a) because I felt like you led the charge on OMG and (b) because, as you said, it was mostly gut so I moved on when I saw better cases.

My case on KB isn't "meta garbage"! I'd accuse anyone with KBs post history this game of being scum. Did you not see the part where his d1 case was a "me too" on AR and his d2 case was a "me too" on me?

At this point, since we're so up and it's fun, I'd be down to bet your life on my alignment. Put it on the record, if I die and flip town my dying wish is to take Pod out next :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

correct, it's still bad. unfortunately we are now committed even if someone counters the doc claim, and almost have to assume he will be recruited if there is a cult.

I just dislike mass claim strategies in general as breaking the game is boring ad hell

that's not really a valid reason to not mass claim at this point. the extra detail we would reveal at this point would help us more than them.

we have 3 claimed vt players, claimed doc, one dead scum, and a dead rt. a cult recruiter should have a good idea of how to pick off power roles at this point, and scum know who to target.

Actually I might bump stickup above KB on my scum list because it seems like he's scum who saw the writing on the wall when we started massclaiming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Weird. I got back after the hammer and thought the game was won until the flip.

So there are four VTs (me, KB, AR, Tobbs), four confirmed townies with PRs (Dawny, AS, Byers, bird), and scum Podima who is more or less vanilla. I would propose:

- we lynch a VT. For the sake of argument, let's say it's me and I flip town.
- our two trackers track two VTs. For the sake of argument, let's say Tobbs and KB
- bird withholds.
- if there is a kill, either a tracker sees it, or we can deduce that the last VT (let's say AR) did it.
- if there isn't a kill, we just repeat the process

That's more or less an auto-win for town, correct?

• Locked thread