Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

DevNull posted:

This has been the case in Seattle long before tech bros showed up. See: Dan Savage and his racism that is accepted as progressive.

Dan Savage is proof that all you need to be labeled progressive is to think that gay people are human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

anthonypants posted:

In national news, Oregon senator Jeff Merkley got a staffer to admit that the Trump inauguration crowds were smaller than reported. This is a huge win for Democrats,

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/823959492320788480

It's the only win for the Democrats, so they'll make as much of it as they can.

You know, rather than actually doing anything meaningful.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

What the gently caress can they even do? The Republicans hold every branch of government right now by a majority, and most State governments. And Republicans are using legislative tricks to keep filibusters at bay - they learned that from 8 years of having the Democrats do that to them.

The democrats trick to prevent a republican filibuster is to capitulate to their every demand.

No loving poo poo the march didn't accomplish anything. Since when do republicans care what women and democrats think?

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

got any sevens posted:

Yeah he's been a POS for years but these dumbfucks in the suburbs keep voting for him.

The suburbs are turning against him, that's why they expanded the 8th into Kittitas and Chelan during the 2012 redistricting. Before then he was winning by 3-5%. Since the redistricting it's 18-20%.

The only way he's getting ousted is from a primary challenge.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

Where I live now in Ballard is way more white than where I grew up in around Tacoma and yes the amount of people who think Burien/Federal Way/Auburn etc. are all war-torn ghetto's is really loving weird to me.

It's all relative. Compared to the rest of Seattle the south sound area is pretty loving lovely. Compared to Detroit or Baltimore it's great.

I missed the recent drive-by on 228th in Kent by less than 5 minutes.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

ElCondemn posted:

Even at 1.5x hourly it's bad business to allow OT. You can't run a successful business if your payroll expenses are constantly above what you've budgeted for.

You just budget for the OT.

Payroll tax should scale with hours worked. Anything under 30 hours or over 40 hours and it starts climbing.

oxbrain fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

ElCondemn posted:

But why budget for OT when you could get the same work for less money if you just hire two hourly employees and split the time? Especially in cases like that liar earlier was saying, regularly having hourly employees work 70+ hours doesn't make good business sense.

It's super common in the skilled trades. I know plenty of machinists and welders that do 60+ almost every week. Some things just don't scale well. Either you don't have the space/equipment for more people or you'd have to add another shift and deal with all the poo poo that comes with.

And after benefits and administrative costs it's closer to a 20% increase from base pay.