Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's time once again to say gently caress you to your e/n threads about FYAD meme Warhammer 40K self-insertion fanfiction, because welcome to Twenty-One Player poo poo-Talking Chutes and Ladders: An Exciting Up and Down Game For Little Goons

Well, the first one seemed to go okay.

Welcome! This is a thread where people play a boardgame. It is not a board game where the players have much, if any, input into their playing of the game. In fact, you are here mostly to talk poo poo about the moral fiber, gaming ability and general life skills of your opponents and shitpost your way to glory.

Quite literally, this time, as the object of the game is to overcome the moral pitfalls of the life of a child of the late seventies and climb your way to Square 100 at the top of the game board, and to tell the thread exactly why your opponents can't.

Before we continue and before you sign up, read the rules. Read them.

Rules v. 1.1:

1. The players consist of twenty-one goons, divided into seven teams of three (Team Charity, Team Chastity, Team Diligence, Team Humility, Team Kindness, Team Patience, Team Temperance)
          1a. In order to facilitate signups, please indicate your team of first choice with your signup post. If that team is full by the time your name is reached, you will be shuffled at random into one of the other teams.
          1b. We are aware that the flags and colors provided for each team in this game are non-representative at best and nonsensical at worst. Generic emblems were used for several reasons, including the fact that flags can represent more than one thing. More will be explained about this as we go on.
2. A standard Chutes and Ladders board is used. In this case, the 1979 edition. It is sitting on my dining room table. Photos of the board and dice rolls will be posted to the thread to keep everyone in the loop as the game proceeds.
          2a. Instead of the spinner included with the game (which allows players to move up to six spaces in a single unladdered, unchuted move) the distance each player moves will be determined by the roll of a twelve-sided die.
3. There are two goals:
          3a. One, to be the overall champion, to be better than the other 20 chumps who weren't pure enough to make it to Square 100 before you.
          3b. Additionally, the best team will be determined by seeing which of the seven teams can bring all three of its members to Square 100 first.
4. Because suffering builds character but makes for an incredibly boring game the official rules can get pegged in a room.
          4a. Thus, the rule that one must land exactly on the Square 100 to have reached the top of the board can be safely ignored.
5. On a given turn, each player will be rolled a die and moved "simultaneously," that is, where each player ends their turn is considered to have been reached at the same point in time.
          5a. This obviously leads to the concept of a tie. Two players can occupy the same space on the board without issue. However, there will be only one individual winner.
          5b. If two or more players are the first to reach the final square and do so during the same turn, they will be sent back to Square 91. The first player to cross the line must do so alone.
6. Barring emergencies or the inability to give a drat, there will be 1-2 moves per day. Probably.
7. Each team will be granted certain bonuses to allow them to reach the top of the board more quickly.
          7a. The first of these is the Joker, because I've watched far too many ridiculous British game shows. Between turns, any player may use their team's Joker by posting ##Joker in the thread. It must be in that format, or it will be ignored.
               7a.a. When a Joker is used, it benefits the team who played it by doubling the values of the dice rolled for all three players for that turn. Only one Joker may be played for each team in a single turn.
               7a.b. Each team begins play with a single Joker. However, when play begins, additional Challenges will be made available, allowing motivated teams to earn more Jokers.
               7a.c. Trust me. You want to earn more Jokers.
               7a.d. Additionally, in a fairly-sizeable change from the previous game, each player on a team may now submit a response to a challenge, resulting in each joker challenge being worth up to three jokers for your team.
          7b. Secondly, each player may only encounter the effects of each individual penalty square once. If, for example, after I have landed on Square 64 and ridden my bicycle with no hands and a sweet Afro, thus loving up my arm and landing on Square 60, if I land on Square 64 again, I will instead remain there. I can, however, encounter the effects of any reward square as many times as the dice indicate, climb up as many ladders as I am able to.
               7b.a. Let's call this the Plumpy Amendment. Nobody likes hangin' with Plumpy.
          7c. Additionally, there is a bonus we're calling the Slot Machine Bonus, because I never rolled one in testing, and I'm interested to see if it comes up again. If, as in a slot machine that comes up 777, the three members of a team all roll the same number on a single turn, that value is doubled for those three players. If that happens to be on a turn where your team has used a Joker, those bonuses will stack, allowing you to move up to 48 squares in a single, ridiculous move.
          7d. Furthermore and finally, as if all that were not enough, there is one further bonus.
               7d.a. Look carefully at this collection of dice:

7d.b. These are 40 unique, individually-colored twelve-sided dice. Each player's die will be drawn from this collection at random each turn. Look now at this individual die from that group of 40:

7d.c. This is the Golden Die. As implied above, there is only one die of this color in the game. Whichever player rolls the golden die automatically doubles the value of their roll for that turn. If that happens to be a player whose team is using a Joker that turn, they individually receive the same 4x bonus as if they landed the Slot Machine Bonus with a Joker. Similarly, the player with a golden die on a team that rolls the Slot Machine Bonus individually receives a 4x bonus.
               7d.d. If, somehow, a player whose team rolls a Joker Slot Machine Bonus happens to be using the Golden Die at the time, their entire team moves a full eight times the number of squares marked on the dice. A Golden Joker Slot Machine Bonus for 12 would result in a team moving a full 96 squares in a single turn. Which would be hilarious.

8. This is Rosemary. Rosemary is majestically fluffy. Rosemary is also kind of dumb, because like all cats, she has a brain approximately the size of a walnut. Rosemary likes sitting on things. There is a very good chance she will sit on the game board at some point during this competition.
          8a. If Rosemary sits on the board and dislodges pieces or even knocks them to the carpet, the piece will be placed on the board on the nearest available valid square. This may be a help (if the piece moves towards the window) or a hindrance (if the piece moves towards the kitchen.)
          8b. The Rosemary Rule applies equally to Meyer, who is smarter than Rosemary, but still not that smart.
9. There will be some setup time between recruiting all seven teams and actually beginning play while playing pieces are constructed. This should not exceed a day or two at most.
10. This game will be conducted in two phases. More information will be provided when the first phase is complete.
11. Posting "didn't read rules/thread" or some variation thereof when you attempt to sign up ensures you will not be assigned a team. If this has happened to you, you will have to apologize for your arrogance and ignorance in-thread to be assigned a team before they are all full if you expect to play. Also, naturally, you'll have to read the rules to see this rule.
12. Posting either the yarg or gary emote is a real bad idea.
12. If you do not talk poo poo about your opponents, you are probably boring. Don't be boring.
13. We know this game is broken as hell, just roll with it. Rules are, of course, subject to change if they are preventing the game from completing in a reasonable manner.

TEAMS

TEAM CHARITY
1. MMM Whatchya Say
2. Alasdair Crawfish
3. Meinberg

TEAM CHASTITY
1. peramene
2. BottleKnight
3. chaoslord

TEAM DILIGENCE
1. redneck nazgul
2. AnonymousNarcotics
3. UnCO3

TEAM HUMILITY
1. Infinitum
2. GulagDolls
3. Podima

TEAM KINDNESS
1. Absurd Revolver
2. CCKeane
3. bowmore

TEAM PATIENCE
1. Asiina
2. Krunge
3. PMush Perfect

TEAM TEMPERANCE
1. Moatillata
2. EXAKT Science
3. SLASHER HAWKE

hexwren fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
signing on for team kindness

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
signing on for team chastity for obvious reasons

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I am signing up for Team Chastity.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Team Patience because blue is objectively the best colour.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
TEAM TEMPERANCE ITS A PERFECT FIT

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
whoa sorry bout the caps y'all

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
temperance because bike go fast

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Make me team kindness because I'm going to make a lovely coat as I tear the flesh from your body.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am extremely humble.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I don't mean to brag, but if you're not on Team Humility.. Well.. you're nowhere near as good as we are.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

team humility

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Infinitum posted:

I am extremely humble.

Your complete lack of skills, talents, or positive personal characteristics really give you a natural advantage in the field.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Make me team kindness because I'm going to make a lovely coat as I tear the flesh from your body.

this is hot as hell

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Your complete lack of skills, talents, or positive personal characteristics really give you a natural advantage in the field.

What team are you on again you fuckin hack of a mafia player?

Wait n/m

I honestly don't give a poo poo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

this is hot as hell

chastity, darling

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

chastity, darling

poo poo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Shortlist me for the following teams: Charity, Chastity, Humility

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Alright you swamp-assed oval office waffles are you ready to loving use your big boy words?

Or are you afraid to hurt peoples feeeeeeellllinnnnnggggssss cause they'll make a tumblr post about it?

Cause this is poo poo-talking chutes and ladders and it's time to offend some delicate sensibilities you bunch of semen chugging whore mongers.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Shortlist me for the following teams: Charity, Chastity, Humility

Please pick one.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

team chastity brain trust meeting

do we let him in, sara

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm in

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Alright you swamp-assed oval office waffles are you ready to loving use your big boy words?

Or are you afraid to hurt peoples feeeeeeellllinnnnnggggssss cause they'll make a tumblr post about it?

Cause this is poo poo-talking chutes and ladders and it's time to offend some delicate sensibilities you bunch of semen chugging whore mongers.

are the whores producing the semen we are chugging? just for clarity's sake

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
team kindness please

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

team chastity brain trust meeting

do we let him in, sara

there's only one reasonable way to settle this:

what kind of fish is elite forums user bottleknight, mmm??

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Also I am tempted to message people from the previous game, but, :effort:

Please contact your favorite teammates/enemies from the previous game and invite them to this one.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

please no

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

what type of fish am i

people are dying to know

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will produce any needed semen pERAMENE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

are the whores producing the semen we are chugging? just for clarity's sake

The whores are your team mates

You are literally just a human centipede of inbreeding

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Infinitum posted:

figuratively, infinitum.

figuratively.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bowmore posted:

team kindness please

We could have been da champs Bowmore, but you chose the losing side

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

this is but the first cry for relief i will evoke from my foes and/or potential allies and the game hasn't even started yet

Infinitum posted:

team chastity, full of whores. i love it.

incidentally i am merely the centerpiece of the centipede, you are the third

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

this is but the first cry for relief i will evoke from my foes and/or potential allies and the game hasn't even started yet

hot

peramene posted:

does this make me the head

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

what type of fish am i

people are dying to know

have i not already done you

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

hot

forums user quidnose is the head, which is ironic, considering

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

peramene posted:

BottleKnight posted:

hot

I do not well understand that. Will you play upon this pipe?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll be back later, cause I'm going out for a BBQ with my mates, unlike you shut-ins.

1 spot left for Team Awesome Humility Bros

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Anyway I am going to join a fresh new team, Charity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

have i not already done you

you have not already done i