Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Ultra bold prediction: Carlin announces they're entering ICS for 2018 at some point in 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

wicka posted:

Not sure what Ford has to gain from IndyCar, it's purely a branding exercise, and if "Le Mans winners" isn't selling cars then I doubt "IndyCar champions" will.

Hate to say it, but I agree. They'd essentially be marketing to the same demographic with either the sportscar program or an IndyCar program, and if they're literally racing the model they're selling with sportscars, why bother elsewhere? I'll admit a Ford EcoBoost engine would really fit in in ICS, but the general public wouldn't care.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
In my experience pilsner's are pretty homogeneous. Someone feel free to recommend something to prove me wrong.

Psyched about the Miller sponsorship though. Wish Tecate would come back too, I liked the livery.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Bob Varsha's contract actually ended with Fox. I'm pretty sure he's just retired now.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Rossi is wrestling the poo poo out of that car.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Five wide all the way to the county morgue.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think Pocono or Cleveland are the only venues that can come to mind that can get away with what he's describing.

They were like 7 wide at one point at Pocono in 2015.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Surely one of Portland's artisanal lightbulb makers or feminist bookstores would sponsor a a race.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Dallara didn't design it, but they did manufacture the monocoques for the various Audi R18s.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
F5000 maybe, but Can-Am was its own show, nothing really like it since.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Alonso talking about IndyCars is the happiest I've seen him in a long time.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Winner: Nando
Dark Horse: Aleshin

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Visor cam whips rear end

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Can someone sedate Eddie Cheever please

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
That was loving gnarly. Just now noticed that Castroneves went underneath Dixon's flying car.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Isn't Brack the record holder for most G's ever endured?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Holy hell he almost hit the Holmatro truck

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
A Sato win is the only way this race can be redeemed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I don't think anybody needs to save fuel at this point, so it'll be balls out to the end. Maybe another big one will roll through and Pippa will win.

• Locked thread