Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Fuzzy is the wokest of race fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Posting while bored might get you a custom av, be warned fam.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Three 50 mile heat races to set the field for a 250 mile feature would have been my idea.

e- Just to clear it up, you'd split the field in three parts based on qualifying times and have three separate "races". I'd also allow backups to be used for the feature but make them automatically tag the rear.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
You should never watch press conferences featuring corporate minded people as a general rule, just saying.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Golf would be way better if the other golfers were allowed to huck golf balls at you when you're on the tee.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
The NASCAR thing, as the guys who are in the Facebook groups with me will attest, stems from the fact that there's still a ton of NASCAR fans who are brand loyal and root for people who drive specific manufacturers. Win on Sunday sell on Monday isn't really a thing like it was, but there are absolutely a large number of NASCAR fans who root for Ford and have Fords in the driveway. Also, unlike this motley crew of idiots we have here, a majority of those people only watch NASCAR.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

BMB5150 posted:

Random quote from Smokey Yunick about Jim Rathmann,

"And I never liked men who read comic books while they were getting a blow job."

Smokey is quite quotable.

Smokey has a chapter in his book about the 51 drivers who drove for him.

It's titled "50 great drivers and 1 rear end in a top hat"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
NASCAR gives zero fucks about stuff like old races and streams. Only Fox clamps down on that poo poo.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
This is worth it for the F1 salt, if nothing else.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Norns posted:

No one is salty. Everyone is loving stoked.

I wasn't meaning the SA thread, there's tons of it elsewhere on the internet.

I don't even read that thread lol

e- remember, even at its worst, the racing threads on SA are filled with incredibly knowledgeable and dedicated race fans..... we are far from the lowest common denominator

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 12, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
gently caress having a team get them on board as a second chassis manufacturer

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Wirth1000 go back to the F1 thread you'll never poo poo up this one like I can so don't even try

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

dsriggs posted:

This is revisionist nonsense to make NASCAR guys feel superior, btw.

this is actually true, the Wood Bros really did revolutionize Indy pit stops, teams were doing ~50 second stops and they cut it to 20

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

dsriggs posted:

Explain how they did this.

Keeping in mind that:
a) The Firestone compounds that year were so hard that cars completed the race without changing tires
and
b) The Wood Bros. only had experience with gas cans in NASCAR, while the new Indy rules required gravity-fed fuel tanks & hoses.

they modified the fuel hose connectors to link up faster and more securely, and practiced fueling all month so that they were aware of the issues with slackness in the hose regarding fuel flow speed

I mean you could read about it or something, tons of books mention this

also there was a reason Ford sent them there and also had them help with the Le Mans program, unless you think that Ford wasn't really serious about racing in the 60's and weren't interested in providing the best tools available to their teams. the Woods literally did the same thing to pit stops in NASCAR, as well

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Cygni posted:

im starting to change my mind about alonso running the 500 if only because its caused these worst threaders to escape the containment zone

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Indycar - welp we kinda need to look at driver protection

F1- welp we looked at it but like killing guys instead, ok cya

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
my earliest Indy memory is the Pat Bedard crash

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Norns posted:

Why am I not surprised your earliest memories are of a crash?

hey man when you see a family friend killed in a racing crash at a young age it breaks your brain, I dunno

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
:stare:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Indy 500 was the first sim I ever played, back when it was current

e- also here, play it in your browser https://archive.org/details/msdos_Indianapolis_500_The_Simulation_1989

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
:stare:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Genocide Tendency posted:

Wonder what it's like driving underneath an airborne car. Like... what thought runs through your head.

either a nose cone or a fencepost

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Geoff Bodine at Daytona in 2000 is still the worst crash I've ever seen live. Family members were saying he was dead before he even came to a stop.

man Bodine doesn't even rank in my top 5

let's see

Wheldon
Moore
Krosnoff
Brack
Zanardi

e- that's just the ones I saw on TV, the two I saw IRL were arguably worse

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Theris posted:

The cars are set up to turn left, trying to hold them straight along the wall scrubs more speed than letting them naturally drift to the middle and pulling it back to the wall for the next turn.

it's this

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Come on down to your local Honda dealer and see our offers on our finely crafted gas powered mosquito sprayers, just in time for summer.

Offer valid while supplies last.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
also a reminder that Nando still hasn't seen what a banzai last lap pass at Indy looks like

he hasn't won this thing yet

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if Alonso's engine blows

in fact, let me make sure that's gonna happen

ahem

"Nando gon win dis"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

njsykora posted:

Chilton might've pitted at the perfect time.

are max :3:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

VikingSkull posted:

I wouldn't be able to stop laughing if Alonso's engine blows

in fact, let me make sure that's gonna happen

ahem

"Nando gon win dis"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Slickdrac posted:

Viking, you are a terrible person, but I repeat myself.

I have a gift, what can I say

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
path cleared for Sato supremacy

:getin:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

wicka posted:

He is honestly such a hateful little poo poo, I've never seen him contribute anything of any value.

:laugh:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Human Grand Prix posted:

Hey dude how many short track guys are in the race this year?

I would need the ability to feel for you to get under my skin, which is a skill I am lacking

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Norns posted:

People who only like one type of racing and only like racist poo poo are bad

perhaps you should root for Takuma Sato, as I have been doing all race

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

WindyMan posted:

Conspiracy theory: Honda deliberately sabotaged Alo's engine and gave Sato some extra juice. Discuss

good

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

wicka posted:

Viking, I am sorry about earlier. Let us join hands in celebration of this fantastic race and fantastic winner.

Alonso coming to Indy was A Good Thing, however I was not going to go all starry eyed and stop believing in Sato simply so F1 casuals itt could feel good about themselves

Sato-san has my heart forever

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

iospace posted:

What's he saying?

gently caress Honda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

FuzzySkinner posted:

What the gently caress did I see happen today?

the best thing

• Locked thread