Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

space patrol luluco is the only consistently good show trigger has made that isn't inferno cop

Turning Girls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

She's a cool character, in a middling show.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

luluco - cute but boring dropped after like 3 ep

kiznaiver - too exposition heavy, over-saturated with characters, dropped after like 5 episodes

most avoided

dragon ball super - better to watch dragon ball after it's ended, imo...

Julias fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 1, 2017

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

i stopped watching those because i haven't got the internet connection to download them

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

good news i'll be out of debt next month and able to afford a real internet connection again and maybe even be able to start saving for a car. :bubblewoop:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Congrats!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

i have to say pretty much all of last year and pretty much all of this year have sucked rear end. mom got cancer. everything sucks. i hate my job.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

i got big hopes for the rest of 2017 though. go mom go!! expel that cancer!!

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I hope I don't sound like a complete retard when it comes to this stuff. But I've got a Kindle Paperwhite and I just realized that reading black and white manga looks really good on it. I'm currently reading One Punch Man at the suggestion of my friend.

I don't read many comics or manga at all but I am really into horror as a genre over all and would like to start reading more. I just hopped on the Uzumaki torrent but I'm looking for more recommendations of horror. The caveat I guess is that it has to be in black and white since it's a Paperwhite.

I would also love to check out good ole regular American comic stuff if there exists anything like what I'm looking for.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i have to say pretty much all of last year and pretty much all of this year have sucked rear end. mom got cancer. everything sucks. i hate my job.

ganbare matoi-chan

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

gently caress

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Shampy posted:

I hope I don't sound like a complete retard when it comes to this stuff. But I've got a Kindle Paperwhite and I just realized that reading black and white manga looks really good on it. I'm currently reading One Punch Man at the suggestion of my friend.

I don't read many comics or manga at all but I am really into horror as a genre over all and would like to start reading more. I just hopped on the Uzumaki torrent but I'm looking for more recommendations of horror. The caveat I guess is that it has to be in black and white since it's a Paperwhite.

I would also love to check out good ole regular American comic stuff if there exists anything like what I'm looking for.

you might enjoy I Am A Hero

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Also hang in there buddy :glomp:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Inferno Cop - a few amusing moments, mostly trash
Luluco - pretty good, but it helps to have seen the rest of the Trigger stuff
Kill La Kill - good so long as you're on board with anime ridiculousness, but too many rear end pull abilities and plot points. could've used about six fewer eps
Kiznavier - some really good scenes but the characters didn't have enough room to breathe. could've used about six more eps
LWA - jury is still out but the series is kinda boring

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shampy posted:

100 mob psycho should be your next read, then!!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sorry Corals posted:

gently caress

That's a ban

Shampy posted:

The obvious pick would be Junji Ito's other works as well, such as Gyo.

Depending on your tolerances for body horror/shonen-esque fights, you might like Parasyte as well.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Xinder posted:

ganbare matoi-chan

Julias posted:

Also hang in there buddy :glomp:

it'll be alright, i will be strong, for mom

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
yes, good luck. having family members going through serious illness is always difficult. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shampy posted:

check oout pretty much all of junji ito's work, not just uzumaki. I Am A Hero is a pretty decent zombie thing but it gets all over the place towards the end and just kinda fizzles out.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

That's a ban

only if they don't get married

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Agronox posted:

yes, good luck. having family members going through serious illness is always difficult. :(

ya. would not reccomend

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I totally do NOT recognize this

no sir

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

also lol that izumi konata still posts here

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shampy posted:

I'll second the recommendation to read more Junji Ito. Black Paradox would be a good one of his to jump into after Uzumaki. Fuan no Tane is a good series of horror vignettes, with two full series. You could also check out Hideout, Manhole, and Biomeat Nectar. Some other artists worth checking out are Usamaru Furuya, Kazuo Umezu, and Suehiro Maruo.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Lmfao at the first 20 hours of Nier Automata being only the prologue

what teh heck is this

welcome back

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

littleorv posted:

I totally do NOT recognize this

no sir

i do

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the brain meme:

small brain - tsundere
normal brain - dandere
lit up brain - kuudere
extra thicc brain - yandere

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Endorph posted:

check oout pretty much all of junji ito's work, not just uzumaki. I Am A Hero is a pretty decent zombie thing but it gets all over the place towards the end and just kinda fizzles out.

Oh did it end badly? I dropped it when I heard it was licensed and decided to wait for the official releases to catch up because I was enjoying it that much.

That's a drat shame.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xinder posted:

Oh did it end badly? I dropped it when I heard it was licensed and decided to wait for the official releases to catch up because I was enjoying it that much.

That's a drat shame.

the ending is basically absolutely nothing

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ah yes, I guess I didn't mention that I grabbed all of his collection that I could find. :)

Thanks my dudes!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/microtrailers/status/847991877806718977

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

sorry but i only have respect for steam trailers that are 5 seconds or under harumpf

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

fuckc

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot it was a bad idea to read new manga chapters today but lol at this one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Jesus loving Christ, Future Diary is a rollercoaster ride :stare:

Does this show ever, like, settle on one thing or does it keep ping-ponging from genre to genre almost literally every episode?

Also I'm not sure how to feel about Yuno because she does a lot of completely horrible poo poo but... at the same time she and Yukki are kind of an adorable couple?

No that's pretty much the whole thing

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That episode with Yuno meeting Yukki's mom was the most :stonklol: thing ever

(that said Yukki should have totally loving hit that, what was he even thinking)

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

do not loving watch the future diary it is so loving bada'FDIO'SVIONSAFVSJVEFBN

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

littleorv posted:

ok lay it on me, what am I getting into here, because so far this is some hilariously awesome poo poo

e: like I am literally going in 100% blind other than knowing Yuno is a yandere and that the yandere face meme is from this and that it's a kind of edgelordy action show (??? starting to question this bit a little)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

orv was typing "badass" and then he had a seizure

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

ok lay it on me, what am I getting into here, because so far this is some hilariously awesome poo poo

e: like I am literally going in 100% blind other than knowing Yuno is a yandere and that the yandere face meme is from this and that it's a kind of edgelordy action show (??? starting to question this bit a little)
you might as well just finish it at this point and form your own opinion. I don't think the ending of the show is particularly good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

don't mind orv, getting mad about FD is his Thing

• Locked thread