Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GorfZaplen posted:

FFXV trip report: It's good so far

FFXV is a good, fun game whose endgame is gated behind a different, unfun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Spiritus Nox posted:

Did episode 6 of Hidamari over lunch.

It feelslike Miyako is probably the popular choice for Best Girl, and I usually don't like the popular choice, buuut gently caress it. Miyako Best Girl.

Miyako is the only one of the main characters who is a capital-A Artist, rather than an illustrator. If you look at the self-portraits on their character CDs, the other 3 are all just straightforward sketches, while Miyako's has multiple angles of her face overlapping and a bunch of geometrical doodles. Edit: Also both realistic and cartoonish sketches of animals.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

actually the major life changing event between having kids and death is getting a catheter put in

Then there's the life-changing event where your demented rear end successfully pulls out an inflated balloon catheter. Yes, one of my mom's patients actually did this.

Dirty old man is the one with taste, Hikaru is sub-trash-tier.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

The people in the cubicle next to mine need to shut the gently caress up. They've been talking loudly about dogs for the past half hour.

These LN titles are getting really out there.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

How many times will I restart Bloodborne I wonder. I'm already at three, mostly just because I wanted to try all three weapons. But, I'm still not sure what origin I should pick.

Noble Scion for bloodtinge builds, Cruel Fate for arcane builds (neither should be attempted until you've gotten very familiar with the game), Military Veteran for pretty much everyone else.

Bloodtinge and arcane are to a certain extent all-or-nothing stats, although there is a case for taking arcane to 15 or 18 for some utility. For arcane to really shine, you want it to be in the 84-99 range, though, because its scaling works entirely differently than other stats.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

I went with the Big Axe and blunderbuss.

There's like 800 dudes and everytime i make some progress thinning them out i get caught on some scenery, hit the wrong button, stumble into an add or whatever and die. Now i'm out of bullets, blood and patience and i'll probably just start over because i'd lose nothing because i've made 0 progress.

Is this your first Souls game?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

I made it all the way up to some boss called Cleric Beast who promptly ate me.

But, that's real progress and i bought some new clothes and leveled up a little bit so :toot: :darksouls:

Putting your levels into more HP is the best thing you can do for now. You won't see good returns on your offensive stats until your weapon gets to around +5/+6, and you start with plenty of stamina for PvE purposes, but raising HP will not only let you take more hits and not die as much, but will also increase how much you get from using blood vials, which restore a percentage of your total HP.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

In. Your. Face cleric beast
Yours too giant sewer pig!

ow please stop hitting me Father Gascoigne

Gascoigne is a real "you must be this gud to continue playing this game" moment. Here are some things you might want to know if you're not averse to hints: Going on the defensive is a bad idea, Bloodborne is much more about all-out aggression that Dark Souls. Dodging backwards will get you killed, especially in the final phase. Parrying is effective against him. If you found the Tiny Music Box you can use it to stun him for a few seconds a couple times during the fight, but there's a danger in using it before the final phase. Keeping some molotovs around will make the final phase a lot easier. IIRC you're using the Hunter Axe, which in its extended form should be long enough to hit him across that first set of gravestones in front of you right as the fight starts; you can cheese him with this up until the final phase.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

z0glin Warchief posted:

i don't know what that is but if it's being brought up like this it's probably pretty bad too, huh?

Tokyo Akazukin was a guro manga that someone in ADTRW wouldn't shut up about (I think he was one of the scanlators) back sometime around 2010 and he got permabanned for being a huge creep.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tesseraction posted:

i'm permabanned user guroscanner58

I think his name was heiden or something like that.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Should've panned down to Saber lying on burgers at the end.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

That's good enough for me.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

On the internet, everyone is a cop.

Ah yes, the cyberpolice.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Everything Burrito posted:

I flirted with danger and looked at some cute ffxv stuff on twitter and I'm missing so much good stuff but I have to be strong and avoid spoilers til I beat it

which may take years because goddamn I cannot stop fishing and tooling around on sidequests

You're doing it right.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

z0glin Warchief posted:

he realized he actually liked the science girl

Oh hey, a harem protag who finally gets a lick of sense.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Looks like someone needs a new av :(

Paging the butt bandit to the thread.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

Should I try watching the three seasons of Hell Girl?

Want to try dying this once?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I've only been somewhat inebriated once, because I was on Waikiki and figured that was a good a time as any to try a Mai Tai.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Best ADTRW Dog:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tesseraction posted:

I think one of her better voice transitions in a single character was in Cursed x Cube x Curious but wasn't sure if many people watched that show..

I know that I watched it, but I remember nothing about it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

Knight girl is alright. Being kind of a dope is her charm point.

Best girls are of course the quest office lady and Hernes' assistant.

Best girls are Hestia and Ryuu (elf waitress).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wark Say posted:

Goddammit! Why can't there be just one girl in Oregairu who you can objectively name "Best Girl"?

Well, there's one that you can objectively name "Not Best Girl."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

lol if you skipped that entire page instead of reading all that.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

but for real who gives adults a sheet of guided questions and expects them to actually answer that poo poo

The IRS?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

2B's thigh highs

2B's walk animation

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't forget that everything is being recorded.

The payoff on that was amusing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Julias posted:

...What did Yayoi do to go to jail? :ohdear:

It's debtor's prison.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, Madoka rankings:

1.)Sayaka
2.)Madoka
2b.)Kyoko
3.)Homura
5.)Mami

The opposite reading is true.

Endorph posted:

the high school of the dead guy died. age 52. heart condition. The writer, not the artist.

big rip. may he go somewhere with big titties.

F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yack dickulture.

• Locked thread