Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

poor donut, nobody is actually reading his post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i refuse to believe anybody in DQH can be as unfun as the boomerang lady

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we're gonna watch all of Haikyuu S3 in a couple minutes, if anybody wants to join

http://cytu.be/r/wanwanime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Oh poo poo Nobunaga no Shinobi is 2 cour

oh...yeah. i wondered why you voted it for best anime, since i can't count it

e: you changed it already

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

toonami cut the few spoken bits from shelter so they wouldn't have to air subs apparently?

lol

perfect news for for Anime Chat Thread 18: AIDS

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/go_barakamon/status/815216813378138113

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/Nicogatari/status/815664257580855296

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Binge watch centric media releases need to die

amazon generally releases stuff as it airs, there was just some insane and unspoken-of fuckup that resulted in the US not getting Fune wo Amu or Chi's Sweet Adventure until...now? they also had delays on the last couple episodes of Battery last season.
this is all in contrast to Prime UK having Fune wo Amu and Chi's Sweet Adventure going up week-to-week as they aired with no issues.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

It's the lack of messaging that's a real bummer with 'em. Wouldn't be so annoying if they'd just say something about it.

yeah. that and prime video is the worst thing to try and navigate even if you're looking for non-anime. somebody on my TL was just commenting on how they added all of seinfeld recently but it wasn't advertised at all or in a prominent place.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's a slower season, but this upcoming week still has an overwhelming number of premieres. so I'm hoping people can vote for the shows they're most interested in to cut down the list of candidates for the first Winter 2017 Seasonal Stream. use the poll below and vote for as many as you'd like:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12021843

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

when is this happening?

this Sunday, once the few shows that air that day are up. so likely in the afternoon

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

the dav never links manga meme

the dummies never GIS or look at the front page of batoto meme

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Gis doesn't work 70% of the time at least, to be fair

it worked pretty well for me the last time this issue came up, but yeah i know it has a tendency to spit out "cartoon" a lot of the time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

I guess this is what it feels like to be on the other side of the generation gap.

or the SOL gap

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mill Village posted:

My anime watching has been extremely sporadic until the past couple months. I've watched more anime now then I've watched in years.

I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to sharing my interests with people, especially something (that some people consider) stigmatic like anime. I only watched a couple episodes of certain shows here and there when I stayed up late, so I missed a lot. Last year I started buying Nendoroids and I felt terrible when my mother asked me why I was buying figures of little girls.

they're cute, mom

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

I've never heard of it before, TBH. When did it come out? Is it streaming anywhere?

from 2012 apparently, and it's on crunchyroll

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

CrazySalamander posted:

If anyone wants to see worst anime 2017 go watch forest fairy 5. Based on the description I assumed it was going to be some weird parody, and to be fair I'm not entirely sure it isn't.

The voice actors have terrible microphones with no pop filters, it's 3d animated in a style that makes you think it was done by high schoolers, and there is horrible bloom everywhere. Actually I suspect it might be someone's high school project that crunchyroll got duped into buying somehow.

it's honestly not very interesting as far as bad anime goes. porcini is cute though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

holy poo poo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

trying to find the anime with GIS led me to a cool tweet i will now share

https://twitter.com/historyimg/status/731469860899688448

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

I'm gonna be patient for Netflix. I have too much stuff on my plate already!

at least netflix will have better subtitle typesetting

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hardsubbing it for the stream hosed it up. at least i don't have to ever do that again

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tiger mask is good again

https://u.nya.is/tcbrpa.webm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Sounds like an improvement.

it's not when you get two anime with the same isekai restaurant premise airing in the same season. which is a thing happening this year iirc

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i had the wii fighting game, and was terrible at the uh clashing swords mechanic or whatever. but you got to wave the wiimote around a bit and it had some cool characters so it aws good in my book.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Now that Colonel has a taste for sports anime he can never go back. Within the year he'll be Ippo shitposting and sharing Baki scans.

while colonel watches the straight sports series, I'll watch all the gay ones and then we'll meet in the middle and swap.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I can't believe over drive has betrayed me like this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm still watching yowapeda first

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I'm enjoying zvesta plot

hope it keeps strong by the end

it's good, but the OVA is bad

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

bad how

overall-series-plot bad

or like, single-issue bad

or like, animated in powerpoint

it's about the robot wanting to be an idol and part of the ep is taken up by a performance that mostly just sucks.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

them killing best boy pretty much seals me never reading the books, but if there was a s2 i'd watch it up to then and cry

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i never cared for anything other then pokeballs as a kid, because i wanted my team to match. later stuff like premier and luxury balls would've been nice to have a team in though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

but the liveblogger is in Connecticut and I'm in Massachusetts :(

you can pirate it already

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't even watch any dimension w outside of the op/ed

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe iso thought stuff like the shower scene and earlier focus on cocona's thighs were the moé~ problem

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ah, the producers are responsible for the dumb ending battle i didn't like

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Sengoku Choujuu Giga is the actual gayest show of 2016/2017

can confirm, it gets nice features in the japanese BL mags. otomedia had a photoshoot with the three main VAs in these cool sweatshirts that had drawings of their character.

wish I could buy the one of tanuki ieyasu...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Finished Amanchu a year later. This is the love confession standard I'm holding YoI to whenever I watch the last three eps.

lol

• Locked thread