Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Happy 2017 chat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I spent NYE watching this year's No Laughing special, which was more of the same but there were still some really good moments.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

My friend and I watched the first 3 episodes of Scorching Ping Pong Girls tonight. I liked it! Main girl when she gets full of herself is great, and she had a nice little arc in these eps.

It is pretty good! Also one of the catchiest OPs of 2016.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm busy writing the scanlation thread OP though... 2421 words, about 5 whole pages so far.

Is anyone even going to read this...

Are you writing a complete tutorial about how to scanlate?

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

That sounds interesting, ganbatte.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Truga posted:

what about buying hugpillows to hug them?

lewd.png

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

thanks!

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

z0glin Warchief posted:

A lot of those translations are wrong, but it's not like the actual titles are any good anyway.

Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power

lol

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

id watch that

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

a kitten posted:

Man, Hina gets cranky when she's hungry

:same:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

GorfZaplen posted:

They don't even show it in most of the episodes anyway, at least that I can remember

And they're abbreviated to just a couple of seconds after the first or second time. I think there's maybe four or five full-length transformation sequences in the entire series.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Mill Village posted:

I just took a two hour nap.

Naps are good

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Hi chat thread! I decided to start translating Miss Bernard Said, mainly because I loved the anime. The first chapter is up on Batoto now, so check it out if you love nerdy book references and elaborate puns!

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Translating puns is a nightmare. Godspeed.

There's a super elaborate triple pun in the first chapter alone, which required a whole paragraph of translation notes to explain. In fact, I'm still not sure if I managed to completely unpack it.

In my experience, not a lot of Japanese puns can be translated into an equivalent English pun (at least not without it sounding really forced), so I usually just add an explanatory note.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Not a super high bar.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

homeless snail posted:

I did it... I tamed the legendary kirin...

I'm gonna tame a can of non-legendary kirin in an hour or so.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I liked episode 3, Ibis was cool.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Wark Say posted:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Is it true that the Alt-right douchenozzle that made the word 'cuck' a thing had a meltdown?

That was fast, only one month into his presidency.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Stexils posted:

even for anime that weapon looks incredibly stupid

For a second I thought it was attached to her knee.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Agronox posted:

After watching five eps of Kemono Friends I can safely say that the show has a lot of heart and a ¥200 budget

And an awesome OP.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Drinking even a small amount before going to bed noticeably messes with my sleep pattern, and I hate feeling tired during the day, so I'm staying clear of alcohol on weeknights now.

Typing that out made me feel old.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Julias posted:

https://youtu.be/e4dZhQaTJMk

Dub trailer for Your Name, in select Theaters April 7.

And here's a Japanese version of the same trailer.
https://youtu.be/e4dZhQaTJMk

I wonder how they dealt with the watashi/watakushi/boku/ore gag in the dub. Or in the subs, for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

In related news, today's the twentieth anniversary of the Pokemon anime.

• Locked thread