Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

if there's anyone still left in that promotion that deserves the title its Dasher. The dude could have been stuck with that awful create a wrestler gimmick still, but the Dasher one was such big hit it stuck.

oh yeah and I guess Ophidian too

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2017 around 05:20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Dasher is a sad tale. I see him on Twitter practically begging for bookings and he rarely is wrestling outside of CHIKARA. And when his big chance to win the title comes, he doesn't get it. Seems like an odd way to end the year.

I really hope CHIKARA doesn't do another secret season again too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thing to keep in mind is that Dasher isn't completely out of the title picture. He still has an automatic title shot. Here's a list of all the Golden Opportunity winners from the past couple years:

Challenge of the Immortals Winners

Kimber Lee: Cashed in her opportunity at the end of the Season 15 finale, defeating Hallowicked for the Grand Championship.
Jervis Cottonbelly: Never cashed in and likely never will.
El Hijo del Ice Cream: Cashed in for the tag titles against NRG and seemingly won them. Los Ice Creams were stripped of the titles later because they only pinned NRG once when tag title matches are always best 2 out of 3.
Ice Cream Jr: Cashed in for the tag titles against Rumblebees and succeeded.

Infinite Gauntlet Winners

Hallowicked (Season 16): Set up a title match against Kimber Lee and won the title back.
Dasher Hatfield (Season 17): Never cashed in.
Solo Darling (Season 18): Never cashed in.

Unless it's been explicitly stated somewhere, I'm not sure whether or not Infinite Gauntlet title shots work like Money in the Bank, since Hallowicked's was announced ahead of time and he's a heel.

Going into Season 19, Hype Rockwell is the only guy with three points.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

DM Punk posted:

I really hope CHIKARA doesn't do another secret season again too.

Quack's OCD won't let him do a novel idea like that twice.

...right?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Max Coveri posted:

Quack's OCD won't let him do a novel idea like that twice.

...right?

Quack ran three invasion storylines in a row so it's sadly very possible.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The roster page has updated and we've reached TNA "not enough for a Royal Rumble" level. Though it doesn't include the dudes who showed up after the Missile Assault Man match. That, and Lucas Calhoun has stated on Twitter that he's coming back to deal with that.

Notable guys missing from the active roster page and added to the alumni section:

- The Big Deal/Hornswoggle, who didn't appear at all in 2016.

- Ashley Vox and Delmi Exo, despite Ashley's new gimmick of Oceana. Judging from her Twitter, it's probably more that they don't have an Oceana profile image yet.

- Max Smashmaster, who as mentioned earlier, is now retired.

- Missile Assault Man, who has gotten rid of his Twitter. He looks to be completely gone from Chikara, meaning an end to jokes about Zimbabwe.

- Mr. Azerbaijan, which is just as well. DUSTIN is still on the roster.

- Rock Lobster, who had one match in Season 18 and just kind of vanished.

- Wani, who was last seen dropping the Young Lions Cup on an Hour of Power back in June.

Fake Amasis doesn't have a profile to begin with and doesn't show up on either roster page.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yahallo

i watched the powerbomb stream and i think it said they were gonna have a lot of live shows on chikaratopia next season so i might check it out despite not knowing any of these people or stories

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

The roster page has updated and we've reached TNA "not enough for a Royal Rumble" level. Though it doesn't include the dudes who showed up after the Missile Assault Man match. That, and Lucas Calhoun has stated on Twitter that he's coming back to deal with that.

Notable guys missing from the active roster page and added to the alumni section:

- The Big Deal/Hornswoggle, who didn't appear at all in 2016.

- Ashley Vox and Delmi Exo, despite Ashley's new gimmick of Oceana. Judging from her Twitter, it's probably more that they don't have an Oceana profile image yet.

- Max Smashmaster, who as mentioned earlier, is now retired.

- Missile Assault Man, who has gotten rid of his Twitter. He looks to be completely gone from Chikara, meaning an end to jokes about Zimbabwe.

- Mr. Azerbaijan, which is just as well. DUSTIN is still on the roster.

- Rock Lobster, who had one match in Season 18 and just kind of vanished.

- Wani, who was last seen dropping the Young Lions Cup on an Hour of Power back in June.

Fake Amasis doesn't have a profile to begin with and doesn't show up on either roster page.

Did the Furies stable ever have a big ending or anything? Just seem like the group kind of dissolved with no payoff or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

Did the Furies stable ever have a big ending or anything? Just seem like the group kind of dissolved with no payoff or anything.

I guess the payoff was Fire Ant beating seven shades of poo poo out of Frightmare at King of Trios. Frightmare hasn't been seen since.

Coincidentally, Fire Ant just posted a blog post about this. Basically that the Furies was a stupid concept because they were a team in name only. There was no real solidarity and everyone else was focused on their own thing. Now he's a Colony of One.

«9 »