Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

- Chikara lost a TON of people for one reason or another over the last year. Kimber Lee, Heidi Lovelace, Kevin Condron, Amasis, Soldier Ant/Drew Gulak, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jervis Cottonbelly, Joey Styles, Ashley Remington, Leonard F. Chikarason, Shynron, Eddie Kingston, Abominous Rex, Jaka and I think Jakob Hammermeier. Even Chuck Taylor had a falling out with Quack only to smooth things over later on. Most of them are still up on the roster page for some reason.

Jesus! Where did everyone go? WWE couldn't have signed ALL these people, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

With all due respect I disagree.

Same, especially now that they've gotten their head out of their rear end booking-wise and are back to being fun again.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

On the one hand, this hidden season thing is incredibly stupid and Quack is turning into indy wrestling's Vince McMahon more and more every year.

On the other hand, I will endure literally any booking direction, no matter how stupid or inscrutable, that puts the belt on Ultramantis Black.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

What makes me sad about Chikara now is that before Quack's stupid idea to shut the promotion down for a year, they had a lot of buzz and really fun characters on their shows. All that went down the drain for that Ashes storyline, and what's worse is the crowds who still go see them aren't nearly as reactive as they were pre-Ashes.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

syzpid posted:

Please Quack

Kinda surprised he never went this route with Dasher Hatfield, really.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

the former Ophidian

Wait, did Ophidian retire?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wazzu posted:

That poo poo sounds stupid. Max Smashmaster's last match in wrestling was him telling the timekeeper "I'm done with being a wrestler, just ring the bell I'm going home"?

What happened with Chikara that it became such a sad place? Apart from the obvious things of taking a year off, then the year of everyone being murdered.

All their good talent got signed away and Quack went off his OCD medication.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Max Coveri posted:

Quack's OCD won't let him do a novel idea like that twice.

...right? :shepface:

Quack ran three invasion storylines in a row so it's sadly very possible.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

syzpid posted:

When you don't have the money to update your background pic...

Why is Shane Storm not crossed out? I thought he retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Considering the money-maker KoT is for Chikara they will almost certainly be holding it in Redding

That's the first time "money-maker" and "Reading" have occupied the same sentence in at least 30 years.

• Locked thread