Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

ded posted:

butthead cat

That's a good cat :keke:

What keyboard is that and is it good? I'm looking for a replacement, got a cheapass one off of Amazon for like $25 about a year ago and I pretty much hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Someone tried to get in through the back door today. But from our camera and image sensor, they didn't come in... at least not more than a few feet. Cops came and swept the house before I could get home and nothing was missing or moved so it was either shithead kids getting a thrill or someone doing recon. Looks like I'll be trying to work from home tomorrow.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nuclear Tourist posted:

That's a good cat :keke:

What keyboard is that and is it good? I'm looking for a replacement, got a cheapass one off of Amazon for like $25 about a year ago and I pretty much hate it.

G19. There are better ones out now I'm sure.

edit : holy gently caress g19s are 250+ on amazon :o

People profiting on old poo poo

ded fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 11, 2017

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I'm a fan of mechanical keyboards and have been using these ones for the last few years:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD1FC6G/

They are pretty much everything I look for in a keyboard. Satisfying clicking noise, proper layout and not a whole bunch of useless extra keys. I had a key break off one of my older ones and I contacted Corsair and they replaced the entire keyboard under warranty with prepaid shipping and everything.

According to Amazon there is a newer version available, but I haven't tried it yet.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Someone tried to get in through the back door today. But from our camera and image sensor, they didn't come in... at least not more than a few feet. Cops came and swept the house before I could get home and nothing was missing or moved so it was either shithead kids getting a thrill or someone doing recon. Looks like I'll be trying to work from home tomorrow.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

No way, go with the classic pit full of sharpened sticks smeared with human feces.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
paint bucket above the stairs, tar with nails in it, blowtorch, electrified door knobs, and matchbox cars on the stairs

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

paint bucket above the stairs, tar with nails in it, blowtorch, electrified door knobs, and matchbox cars on the stairs
This kid is a pro.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
trip report

I am bad at installing weather stripping, but I bought spare just in case

and even a poo poo job is really helping out with the temperature

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

TBeats posted:

Reboots don't make the old ones suck. Worst case: it sucks and the old one still rules. Best case: it rules and the old one rules.

Bring on the reboots imho. Nothing to lose.

I'm partially with you. I'd say Die Hard is still too new to need a remake/reboot (felt the same way about Total Recall). At least the Ghostbusters remake made the crew an all-women version. I wouldn't do a remake for a movie that's less than 40 years old unless you're really shaking things up.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kuroyama posted:

I'm partially with you. I'd say Die Hard is still too new to need a remake/reboot (felt the same way about Total Recall). At least the Ghostbusters remake made the crew an all-women version. I wouldn't do a remake for a movie that's less than 40 years old unless you're really shaking things up.

Lol yeah but spiderman and the hulk

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
in fifty years there will only be one movie and it will be remade every day

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Delizin posted:

I'm a fan of mechanical keyboards and have been using these ones for the last few years:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD1FC6G/

They are pretty much everything I look for in a keyboard. Satisfying clicking noise, proper layout and not a whole bunch of useless extra keys. I had a key break off one of my older ones and I contacted Corsair and they replaced the entire keyboard under warranty with prepaid shipping and everything.

According to Amazon there is a newer version available, but I haven't tried it yet.

Even though K70s are stupid expensive, they're pretty much bombproof with the whole metal faceplate and no recesses for crumbs and poo poo to get trapped under.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGlJgU9x8tM

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

The Rat posted:

No way, go with the classic pit full of sharpened sticks smeared with human feces.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Just gonna work from home tomorrow and keep my gun handy.

I hope the alarm scared them off and they weren't casing the place. It just feels really.... violating I guess. Whatever, just gonna drink and hope the on call phone doesn't ring too much tonight haha

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Just post the peeny story on the backdoor

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Post a message on the back door.

"Hey dude. I got a camera. Wear a mask next time."

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Prime day sales seem meh anyone watching anything good

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Is that a Rocketfish mouse pad?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I'm the Pilot G-2

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Season 9 of Curb your Enthusiasm is premiering October 1st

I know Stranger Things is around Halloween as well

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mad Dragon posted:

Is that a Rocketfish mouse pad?

ya its old

no one called the 14+ year old boom mic yet im sad

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ded posted:

ya its old
I have the same KB and mouse pad. If you have a G600, we've officially entered the Twilight Zone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kindle Paperwhite is $89 on amazon w/prime

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Not a fan of greenday, but this was pretty cool of them

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2017/07/10/bohemian-rhapsody-green-day-concert/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm grinning from ear to ear right now. Did you see freddie lookin down on the crowd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnBNuqqz5g

Look at the cloud at top left.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

orange juche posted:

I'm grinning from ear to ear right now. Did you see freddie lookin down on the crowd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnBNuqqz5g

Look at the cloud at top left.

:unsmith:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mad Dragon posted:

I have the same KB and mouse pad. If you have a G600, we've officially entered the Twilight Zone.

MX518

I really need a new mouse this thing is so worn

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Prime day sales seem meh anyone watching anything good

I've was looking at some shoes and a few other small items, and most of the ones posted have pretty poo poo reviews. Looks a lot like last year's Prime Day. A few headliners, and the rest are clear out old or high markup stock with hype sales.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Most of the stuff I saw was components of bigger stuff. Like iPad covers with fans or power supplies. Granted I didn't look hard or make it far beyond electronics.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W5N3X2...DQCTX6Q9Y278ZC9

best prime day deal for our great troops

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 11, 2017

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Even though K70s are stupid expensive, they're pretty much bombproof with the whole metal faceplate and no recesses for crumbs and poo poo to get trapped under.

The K30 is like half the price, and the only thing that someone might really miss is the mechanical keys.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Kuroyama posted:

The K30 is like half the price, and the only thing that someone might really miss is the mechanical keys.

You're vastly underestimating the value of mechanical switches.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
@KFFF
Good job getting a nerd to melt down over the Hitlerfuck gangtag in that 40k thread without lifting a finger

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

You're vastly underestimating the value of mechanical switches.

What is the upside to mechanical switches? Especially to a guy who doesn't do a lot of pc gaming.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Click click click click

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kuroyama posted:

What is the upside to mechanical switches? Especially to a guy who doesn't do a lot of pc gaming.
Easier to clean out your jizz.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Casimir Radon posted:

Easier to clean out your jizz.

That's solved by not aiming at your keyboard when your shot goes off.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Kuroyama posted:

They have a much longer lifespan and don't wear out like regular keyboards. You can get different mechanical switches that have different tension and noise feedback levels to suit you. Supposedly they also reduce finger strain if you are doing a ton of typing. I do a ton of typing and programming and I just really like the feel of the keys verses non-mechanical keyboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Duzzy Funlop posted:

@KFFF
Good job getting a nerd to melt down over the Hitlerfuck gangtag in that 40k thread without lifting a finger

? Some dork was spamming up the thread with libertarian fanfic all day. Was annoying to scroll through on a phone.

• Locked thread