Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gently caress you guys listen to Chapo Trap House, not only is it leftist woke political bullshit its funny as gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbQx0NTV4TU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdINAnBf0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mQzTDDD8w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nglVo9rj2Nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6q5qOQBOvw

In this episode they discover Robert Muller fan fic erotica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LInP7sNtAHM

For the Alabama senator election they made bets on who was going to win. Loser had to touch poop. Virgil Texas won and this is his victrory speech.
https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-167-teaser-victory-virgil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
We got rear end blasted with ice this evening and i just spend 15 minutes in the dark at 1030pm beating a tree with metal pipes to knock the ice off to help save the tree from cracking under the weight.

Sometimes I miss living in the south.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mods change my name posted:

We got rear end blasted with ice this evening and i just spend 15 minutes in the dark at 1030pm beating a tree with metal pipes to knock the ice off to help save the tree from cracking under the weight.

Sometimes I miss living in the south.

its cold as gently caress rn

bottom of my driveway is sheer ice so i do a sickkkk slide everytime i come home

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I’m surfing in the morning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's been crazy temperature swings, but no real snow this winter. A couple of dustings and swinging from lows around zero to highs near 70.

I'm over walking Frank more than ten minutes when it's colder than 10*F or the windchill is below that. Here comes the winter pudge.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
gently caress the South.

Washington is awesome, doesn’t get too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. I don’t miss the South at all.

If I want to see snow I just drive an hour or so towards the mountains. Which I have in 2 directions.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

We're taking my mates yacht out tomorrow. If you hear a distant scream of fury you'll know the generator has hosed out

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Does anyone have experience with OEM licenses and game codes/etc. from Kinguin, by any chance? I've heard Kinguin to be pretty much the largest and most frequented platform for stuff like that, but I figured I'd ask around for some references before grabbing some MS Office code. My .edu address unfortunately can't help me to get another office version activated on a second device, and I'm fine with shelling out actual cash for something I use frequently.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Does anyone have experience with OEM licenses and game codes/etc. from Kinguin, by any chance? I've heard Kinguin to be pretty much the largest and most frequented platform for stuff like that, but I figured I'd ask around for some references before grabbing some MS Office code. My .edu address unfortunately can't help me to get another office version activated on a second device, and I'm fine with shelling out actual cash for something I use frequently.

key resellers mostly get them off the back of trucks travelling through Eastern Europe, as well as stolen credit cards that haven't been noticed yet, so take it as a word of warning to stay away from them. IIRC most key resellers require you to provide enough identifying information that they could likely open up a credit card in your name and steal more poo poo if you were too dumb to notice. Last I looked at one site a few years back, they wanted a photo of my national ID (passport lol), as well as my drivers license, before they would accept an account request. I'm pretty sure they're selling identities out the back door on the dark web, while they're selling you stolen keys.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

orange juche posted:

key resellers mostly get them off the back of trucks travelling through Eastern Europe, as well as stolen credit cards that haven't been noticed yet, so take it as a word of warning to stay away from them. IIRC most key resellers require you to provide enough identifying information that they could likely open up a credit card in your name and steal more poo poo if you were too dumb to notice. Last I looked at one site a few years back, they wanted a photo of my national ID (passport lol), as well as my drivers license, before they would accept an account request. I'm pretty sure they're selling identities out the back door on the dark web, while they're selling you stolen keys.

:stare:

That...doesn't sound at all like Kinguin. I mean, that sounds like buying a code straight off some shady Albanian reseller with a geocities-tier website.
Kinguin has PayPal support and offers payments through paysafecard and other poo poo, so they don't really care about your info. It looks like Amazon trusted sellers for keys. They're not the ones generating the product, and sellers on their platform that get lovely ratings get kicked off their platform. They were in the news a few years ago because a ton of keys for a Ubisoft (?) game were bought fraudulently and supplied to them and other platforms, which hit the entire key market, but they've since even been green-lit by the EU for regulation compliance and got Paypal support.

I mean, Paypal moonwalks out of poo poo where it gets red flags from too many refunds or complaints triggered, so their :capitalism:-boner almost weighs more than furious EU consumer protection, I feel.

I was kinda looking for references like "well, you get your key within x days", or "make sure to get version x because of region-lock" or whatever. :shrug:

/edit:
Then again, Goons seem to be freely and casually using Kinguin.net, so that would probably be the biggest red flag to counter my rule of thumb that if Paypal is partnered with something, it's legit :negative:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 30, 2017

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I've bought probably half a dozen things from there and G2A and never had my identity stolen or any of the keys come back as anything other than redeemable. Most of the poo poo I see there is usually just people farming tons of keys during steam sales and marking the prices up enough for them to profit off of it. They wait until the sales are over and dump the keys on those sites and rake in money.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

:stare:

That...doesn't sound at all like Kinguin. I mean, that sounds like buying a code straight off some shady Albanian reseller with a geocities-tier website.
Kinguin has PayPal support and offers payments through paysafecard and other poo poo, so they don't really care about your info. It looks like Amazon trusted sellers for keys. They're not the ones generating the product, and sellers on their platform that get lovely ratings get kicked off their platform. They were in the news a few years ago because a ton of keys for a Ubisoft (?) game were bought fraudulently and supplied to them and other platforms, which hit the entire key market, but they've since even been green-lit by the EU for regulation compliance and got Paypal support.

I mean, Paypal moonwalks out of poo poo where it gets red flags from too many refunds or complaints triggered, so their :capitalism:-boner almost weighs more than furious EU consumer protection, I feel.

I was kinda looking for references like "well, you get your key within x days", or "make sure to get version x because of region-lock" or whatever. :shrug:

/edit:
Then again, Goons seem to be freely and casually using Kinguin.net, so that would probably be the biggest red flag to counter my rule of thumb that if Paypal is partnered with something, it's legit :negative:

Eh, I haven't looked at buying poo poo from key resellers in ~10 years, so it's probably changed. It used to be shady as gently caress, with no real good sides. You were basically trading the chance of getting your ID stolen for a break on software prices.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

In Edinburgh for Hogmanay and the street party. It's gonna be gud.

Also I didn't realize so many GIP regulars listened to laser time's podcasts. Always figured they were too nerdy about certain things for GIPs tastes, then again, Factorio.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Imma share this cursed image with you all

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ElMaligno posted:

OM NOM NOM NOM

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

ElMaligno posted:

LingcodKilla

You killed my father

Prepare to die

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I fear no shelled animal.

Already got the butter drawn and the water boiling.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

Eh, I haven't looked at buying poo poo from key resellers in ~10 years, so it's probably changed. It used to be shady as gently caress, with no real good sides. You were basically trading the chance of getting your ID stolen for a break on software prices.

I just use cdkeys. You can pay with PayPal without and account and they only do cross-region arbitrage stuff and aren’t a marketplace for various sellers like kinguin and G2A. G2A got me once on a $40 Windows 8 cd key that turned out to be generated with an MSDN account and it got revoked.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ElMaligno posted:

Wtf is this poo poo a centicrab? :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I just use cdkeys. You can pay with PayPal without and account and they only do cross-region arbitrage stuff and aren’t a marketplace for various sellers like kinguin and G2A. G2A got me once on a $40 Windows 8 cd key that turned out to be generated with an MSDN account and it got revoked.

This cdkeys.com?

Got a recommendation from a friend for that, but this guy does such high volume poo poo on the web that he doesn't mind about having to file for a refund on a 12 buck charge once in a while. I barely ever buy any licenses, so I'm looking for a quick one-time purchase of an Office license, and don't really care about convenience for return shoppers or whatever.

Also, daddy's on the boxed wine for the evening :wiggle:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Heaven.

If I can remember to do this next year I think I will. Not like I won’t have enough body parts.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
What's the recommended podcast app? I've been using iTunes

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Syrian Lannister posted:

What's the recommended podcast app? I've been using iTunes

iOS? Overcast or the default app.

Android? I don’t know, get a real phone (:smug:) jk, I don’t know that much about Android apps.

Edit: in addition to +1 for Mr. Chapo I’m going I recommend Lovett or Leave It for surprisingly insightful political gong show and What a Hell of a Way to Die for lefty veteran discussions.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 30, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just use Google Play on my Pixel

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
my wife really likes Lovett or Leave It but I dont listen to podcasts because i'm a miserable pile of poo poo who cant be bothered

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Metal while I work, reading before bed, Always Sunny while I lift.

mods change my name posted:

I dont listen to podcasts because i'm a miserable pile of poo poo who cant be bothered

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I use podcast addict. It can pull podcasts from the iTunes store, so it's painless.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I listen to a lot of my local NPR station through their website because I am becoming a grumpy old man ahead of schedule.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

i don't know but i do know it is my next dinner

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Went to see The Disaster Artist today. It was good, definitely more enjoyable if you read the book and have context. It cut out a bunch of stuff that wasn't interesting which was good. Also I have now seen more of James Franco's cock than I ever wanted to.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
hey

hey you

you got some drugs?

take it and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJW4-cOZt8A

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well now the Room isn’t ironically unironically cool anymore

oh hi Mark

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird food bathtub posted:

I listen to a lot of my local NPR station through their website because I am becoming a grumpy old man ahead of schedule.

I've been listening to NPR for at least five years, probably closer to ten. Long enough to remember when car talk still put out new episodes.

I've been a grumpy old man since 25.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Finally saw the new Bladerunner.

It needs another go in the cutting room, but was overall very good. Maybe in 2037 we'll get a Final Cut that does the film right.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i dont see the point of a new braderunner if vangelis isnt doing the soundtrack

unless they did

but i doubt it

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
New bladerunner was really pretty to look at for two and a half hours but that’s about it

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I would really like to have heard Jóhann Jóhannsson's stab at the soundtrack. He's loving great and what we got with Zimmer and Wallfisch was pretty forgettable except for a few moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlftMNmDH00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zy1aWS2pQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFRcX2al1k

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

A little late with the podcast recommendations, but I've been listening a lot to Spycast over the past few months. It's recorded at the Spy Museum in DC, and they have a lot of really, really fascinating people on the show. Former spies for the CIA, KGB, former double agents, analysts, spy gadget makers, historians, author interviews, you name it. Very addicting, and makes me wish I did something more interesting for a living.

I also highly recommend Crimetown, which is about Providence, RI, and how that city was one of the most thoroughly corrupt, mob-infested shitshows in the entire country for decades on end. Highly entertaining, and a lot of the time it's hard to believe that what they're discussing actually happened.

I use Spotify for my podcasts.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
The new blade runner was pretty fun in the theater except for the poorly mixed car vroom noises in the city that burst my ear drums.

They were like 3x louder than anything else holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That whole movie was loud as gently caress and it was awesome.

• Locked thread