Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Where is the info about chewing tobacco and putting it in my rear end, what a jip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If you have a chance to pitch in and do grunt work (within reason) loving do it. That goes incredibly far in the eyes of the junior guys

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Way to miss the point

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Woah, hold on there shipmate

Did you change your socks and hydrate?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Fag

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Dingleberry posted:

Im thinking this in baby blue with dixie cups...

If it involves force shaping to eliminate all the non hackers who can't make that look good it would be the best thing ever. Also gayest. So again, best

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It only took 27 months but you're finally going to do sailor work!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

When we did the training it was mostly about DEERS and dudes making comments that it is messed up guys can get a tit job and go shower with girls with a boner. Along with the more hateful comments from the peckerwoods.

If someone vocalizes issues with transgendered persons serving probably 50/50 they have dudes getting railed by dick chicks in their browser history

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Don't worry man when this is all wrapped up you will be able to hash it out with them at which point they'll tell you how it is actually all your fault.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Because gently caress you, Navy, AND my hair is touching my ears :smug:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Cool fact you can realize the Navy is run terrible as an E-4 also, or even lower depending on your commitment to being on the wrong end of a happiness transfer at all times

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

some kid with a Confederate flag up in his barracks room is watching Dragon Ball Z. ok dude.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

that kind of bullshit more than flies in the Seabees. this isn't exactly the most progressive minded community

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

There's a dude in my unit who has a bunch of Norse runic and themed tattoos and is all in to that. He's a Texan though so somehow Jesus counterbalances it, i presume.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I never asked, I just kind of assumed yes. Next time I talk to him I'll ask him if he is in to black metal

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Didn't go to services because that's not my get down. Maybe one day there will be equal...whatever, for atheists, but it's going to take those loud idiotic ones to make it happen. Whatever if praying to a God helps people sleep better at night after this poo poo, more power to them I guess.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Vulture you're an NFO, yeah? I have questions about accelerating my future. Actually I could use assistance from any NFO in that regard. Namaste.

edit: My racism avatar :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Yup, and so is Wingnut Ninja. I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't have PMs but feel free to hit me up at my forums name at geemail dot com. Let me know if you do so I can check spam.

Sent, thank you.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Done deal, thanks, wanted to get out ahead on how much about Kenny Loggins I need to know

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

You lose a couple leave days if you get there on the NLT date. So if you want to chill cool, but you probably won't have a ton to do before the class convenes anyway

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Was that Captain Goat On Boat?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Boon posted:

Partially and it is a thing which I have on my to do list, yes. To be fair, I wont administer a PFA for 6 mos. The current PFA is run by the NOSC after the last CFL and staff shadily changed some numbers.

It doesnt sound too hard and it was a CO personal request. I'm just leary of what I don't know about it.

Depending on how much of a headache it is to get TAD to it do the official CFL course. A lot of CFL and ACFL's, as mentioned earlier, haven't read the instruction and don't know what they are doing. Like, at all. Learn the instruction and get assistants to help you out, I think like one per 25 sailors is the ratio but I could be wrong, and this is based off running FEP, you may not ever need to do that though.

I loving hate it, but I never volunteered for it and want to watch people fail if they can't work out on their own. A lot of folks really enjoy it. It is basically what you make of it, the admin part is very by the numbers and as long as you follow the instruction to the letter you are good when Fatty McGee says you taped their obese rear end wrong.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm on the third week of a field exercise with my seabee battalion. This is the kind of stupidity you can't make up

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Back from field training. The EO driving the bus almost slammed into a small hatchback on the highway on our drive back. We passed the exercise with flying colors, somehow. It was not a great time.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Our post field exercise 96, which we would have gotten at least 72 of regardless due to the holiday, has been pulled due to two DUIs in two days and all hands formation at 07 tomorrow. Looking forward to some great training on how to continue not getting a DUI

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

My year group is over 100% manning now, I can not wait to leave this loving unit.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

We had some rock talk about how do we eliminate these problems. Change our institutional culture of normalized and accepted binge drinking is not on the table. Junior personnel are afraid they will get in trouble if they get drunk and call someone for a ride. Bosses say that's absurd, but considering people get in trouble for showing up on time and being alive I can see where it comes from, even if it is absurd and unfounded. Mandatory how not to destroy your life briefing tomorrow for all hands.

We have had three DUIs in three weeks. The battalion sees a problem but you know what I see? Consistency.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah these are Seabees. We're just happy when the dude is in their own vehicle and not a stolen government one or having hit multiple parked cars or physically assaulted someone when they're arrested

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

CMD598 posted:

Velcro pockets - For when you want to let everyone in a 30ft radius know when you reach in your pockets

HEY SHIPMATE, WE USING POCKETS NOW, IS THAT WHAT WE DO??

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The type 3 actually works in woodland environments for blending in after you have worn the same set a week straight and they are covered in dirt

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

In the last few weeks (we were in the field for three of them, also) my unit has had four DUIs, one of them being an underage DUI from a party who named everyone at the party so they too can go up, and a sexual assault. Some Chiefs did some things that are not so great too, but we have to think about their careers :)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

You'll understand better when you've been through more PO indoc

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Your people averted an even worse outcome, thank you for your work

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The PRT is like 30 minutes of your life, it is just an admin headache on the CFL side. But if this messes up life for the fatbodies, cool

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

It's more complicated then that. All of the watchstanders draw their authority from him. Basically he's vouching for their professional competency. It's the captain's responsibly to ensure that they are carrying out their duties properly. Thus, if it turns out that the collision is a result of improperly trained or performing watchstanders then ultimately it is the captain's fault.

I got to live this dream a few months ago. I was in the verge of being fired for a few of my sailors going off and doing something completely stupid. I was no where near the incident, and if I was I know it wouldn't have happened, but I was still held accountable because I was not intrusive enough with them to really know they knew what they were doing. It's part of the job. The whole thing falls apart if it isn't.

Did you learn a valuable lesson about personally with your own two hands ensuring Schmuckatelli's wing wang does not go inside a schoolgirl?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Zeris posted:

It also depends on the current war's optempo. My old company commander (O3), doped up on ambien, lost accountability of his sidearm on the civilian aircraft taking us home to Ft. Campbell from Afghanistan. He got his second command, running the air assault school, downgraded to a regular staff job as a result.

I saw LTs with DUIs get their O-3 and command. They pinned me O-3 when I was 24 years old, with three years time in service. They were shoving everyone up the pyramid because we were testing the "two wars at once" doctrine and not doing well at it, and because everyone eligible to separate was doing so because the experiment wasn't going so well.

Man if only I had joined in 06 out of college while I was still drinking and a mess

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Gents, someone here has probably dealt with this. I'm being sent TAD for two weeks out of state, I live in the BEQ. I do not recieve BAS, should I have BAS activated, is there some kind of missed meals provision? I know the standard is "gently caress you" and "that's what per diem is for" but gently caress that, there has to be something in black and white addressing how not to get further hosed monetarily.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Thanks for the answers gents, as usual PO2 Fat Kid was wrong with their info

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

Starting the new job tomorrow, goodbye Navy...you weren't really all that bad.

You sure about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

They didn't give you special ear pro for that?

Search your heart for the truth