Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

when on foot patrols i usually would walk with my nods up if there was moonlight

it was a lot easier.

Same. It was easier driving by moonlight than loving around with night vision in varying states of repair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Or when you're running in step but the only people who have slurped army dick enough to sing songs are midgets with lightning fast midget steps and you are just listening to your cartilage disintegrate.

Oh, army, gently caress you.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What I noticed with combat arms units is that if you've got flogged out weapons and no decent gear then sure as gently caress battalion has plasma TVs coming out their rear end.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Tankers too.

M9 fo lyfe.

Rifles are for the bustle rack.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I only had an elcan for a day but that poo poo was amazing.

Acog looks fancy though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was really shocked when I saw my first infantry unit in Korea. They were all really small kids, but play gay chicken like lives depended on it.

Then when I was at Benning had occasion to wander down to infantry osut land and it was the same thing, just a bunch of little kids.

Had the unfortunate circumstance of having to deal with RTB and regiment because those dickheads were always ruining vehicles and equipment and had to beg for humvees and various other poo poo. Which just meant we were soon to have ruined vehicles, but those guys were just slightly older little kids, but with a few obviously juiced up monsters scattered amongst them.

The only reason I'd ever be concerned about infantry is that they are usually doing something that is going to attract some very bad attention, or poo poo was about to get really, really stupid. Or rape. The staggeringly high incident of dude on dude rape.

As for pogues, whatever, really. I was a tanker and a scout and all my job was for the 4ish years I was in was to make some cocksucker much higher rank than me feel important, which I'd wager is what 95% of the entire military's job is.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Unless you've got some rank on you, then I'm pretty sure those things don't matter poo poo.

HRC does what HRC wants, and that's whatever is easiest for them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

Korea is fun if you can experience it as far away from 2ID as possible.

Truth.

If you're stationed at yongsan, basically as far away from 2ID as possible, life is gonna be good.

If you're at camp Casey well at least soju is cheap

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
2ID in particular has a fine tradition of abusing soldiers, with full support up the chain.

It was so bad that when I broke my arm towards the end of my tour, I went to yongsan to get it casted. The bone doctor there, a full bird, gave me his cell phone number after hearing that I was going back to Casey. In case anyone tried to make me do something that would gently caress with my arm. I thought that was a little unnecessary seeing as how I had less than 2 months left.

Lo and behold the battalion commander wanted me for what was my 4th tank gunnery for the year and his response was "I don't give a gently caress, strap his hands to the controls if you have to".

So I gave that number a call and apparently when some one wearing stars calls you up and abuses you, you do what you are loving told. No gunnery for me.

He was a spiteful prick so I got denied a PCS award, but I never did care about the 27 pieces of flair so that was fine by me.

Then someone on the forums here - I forgot who it was and I accidentally deleted his messages - told me that the battalion commander got his fat rear end kicked the gently caress out after he got his full bird having falsified a PT test and height and weight. Of all the things to jam him up for it was a bogus tape test, but whatever, I'll take it.

Anyway, everyone has a got a Korea story of higher ups giving major rear end fuckings all the way down the line for no other reason than malice.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I remembered the loving idiot I was talking about. We called him Lord Minty. Rumor had it he was one of the people giving out coins in iraq for whacking iraqis, whether they were combatants or not.

This was also made about him and his weird obsession with the manchu mile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzDuh4bE9GE

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Mech pilot in your contract? Sorry fucko, needs of the army in full effect, enjoy your new infantry contract, and because we're pulling you out of the middle of your mech training you're not getting your bonus.

And just a heads up you can't wash out of infantry school because we're just gonna strap you to the outside of mech because armor is expensive. No, you're not gonna get any actual armor as you're basically worthless for bring dumb enough to sign up AGAIN! Ha!

Hooah army strong scrub that toilet bitch

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Gotta love volunteer army still stuck in draft army since Vietnam

Here's a quick army translator for you:

Professionalism : stupidity
Discipline : stranglehold control by higher rank
Common sense : literally the very opposite of common sense
Leadership : inserting the dick
Training : words and actions without any understanding
Uniformity : more stranglehold control with a touch of OCD.
Responsibility : the able to throw someone under the bus at a moment's notice.

Basically all army bullshit words boil down to either control, or loving. And they are all used to gently caress and control YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Those words mean so much to a man who scrubs garbage cans

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

cravius posted:

Looks like I'm going to ranger school, gently caress me I guess

If your surname begins with S or later probably not.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Phuzzy posted:

Gotta call IT services to get your safety belt's password reset

That'd be cool to be deadlined for a week a time and go nap in the office.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Did Sig Sauer get a retired general on their board of directors? Because that's normally how these things are decided.

Also:

Mike-o posted:

should have been a Glock 19 so more idiots would accidentally off themselves because they don't understand trigger discipline

I fully endorse this idea.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I like the 92s but there is no loving way I'd get a surplus m9 after seeing how loving sorry they are after so much neglect and abuse

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My dad gave me a 92fs when I was a kid, and I put some serious rounds through that thing shooting competitively. Had drat near every part replaced at least once after 8 years and he had it for another 7 until he sold it. Used it for shooting pigs to shooting paper.

Goddamn that was a good gun.

Even after all that use it was in way better condition than the best M9 I ever saw.

I'd buy a 92g tomorrow if I had a need.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hey so what's the selling points of the P320? I hate the internet for gun stuff it's either marketing bullshit or places that never give a bad review or internet hive mind bullshit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress I forgot a out hickock45 and his soda shooting ways. Off to the you tubes.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Apparently it happens a lot.

Which is no surprise, back in 80s people were like "don't go touching your toes for a warm up, you'll hurt yourself". So the army decides "gently caress that poo poo, do it multiple times and with velocity!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There has GOT to be a better method than that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
E4 mafia ain't got nothin' on chief

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Don't forget your 17 pieces of flair!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jam all the corporate buzzwords in that you can.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

I thought that was the law bong

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Coupon posted:

Best way to keep your gains is to gtfo.

So much truth.

The army don't want you strong. They want you skinny and to run fast. Nothing else matters.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's the end result of that ASVAB waiver right there.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Goddamn my basic training company had 4 asvab waivers that we knew of, and the lowest was a 22 I think. Pretty sure he had, no joke, fetal alcohol syndrome. An army of 21s is terrifying.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Tail end of the surge, 2010 I think.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Most of the RTB guys I met were 7 in 7.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Naked Bear posted:

Remember when HRC decided that there were too many 19K's on hand, and reclassed a ton of them to 19D? Good times. :allears:

I got dicked by that when I was a PFC, just prior to SPC. Have a guess what my chances of just going to the board as a former tanker in a cavalry squadron with no job training were?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
This will basically out anyone who is only capable of growing a whispy pube stache, and a patchy trailer park meth beard.

As you SHOULD be outed.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

if we ever get forced back in im gonna be the biggest shitbag you ever seen

You wouldn't be able to taze the opiates out of my mouth.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yo, armor does it one way, crunchies do it another. It's not that difficult.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay, so with armor branch, the highest ranking in the VEHICLE CREW is the TC/VC. He is responsible for the vehicle. If someone, say the batt commander jumps in the back, he's gonna give generalized orders if he likes, but the execution of those orders, or the ability to tell him no fuckin' way, goes to the TC/VC. If you're in a Bradley, you're a scout so you've got dismounts to do dismount work.

If you're in a tank say, your TC and loader will get out, to leave you with a gunner and driver in the tank. That way, if your dismount crew dies raiding a house you can immediately lay waste to the entire environment. Or if enemy troops or light vehicles are inbound, you can still engage effectively with your TC/VC on the ground. Even without a loader you can still fire off 120mm, you're gunner is gonna be going like a one legged man in an rear end kicking contest though.

I think I covered everything there.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And maybe getting a good old fashioned raping.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
For major poo poo bricking have the sister report the theft of the wheel chair to the MP station.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

Both at Benning and JBLM civilians working on post have always been a huge pain in the dick to deal with. Well, except for the dudes working in Physical Security on JBLM.

Civilians on Yakima are really easy to work with which is kind of surprising considering how much stupid poo poo happens here, especially with an entire BDE here. These guys will go out of their way to help you out as long as you treat them well. Some of the targetry operators will even pick up stuff off post for you and your guys, sometimes they won't even let you pay them for it.

The loving Benning civs were the loving worst.

Range control wasn't too bad, but heavy maintenance and motorpool fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Preppers, mil surp stores.

Or, trash.