Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Marines still being Marines during Covid.

military.com posted:

Marine Punched Man at Okinawa Nightclub While Violating Coronavirus Restrictions, Police Say

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/06/29/marine-punched-man-okinawa-nightclub-while-violating-coronavirus-restrictions-police-say.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Anyone here ever been stationed to Yuma? Where is a good place to live there?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Hekk posted:

Or in Big Bear and make the commute like the dude that runs the rail head there does.

The Big Bear in CA that's 4 hours away?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Hekk posted:

Yeah sorry I got Yuma and Barstow mixed up. It’s still really far from Barstow too.

To add some actual content, I know folks that were stationed on Yuma who said the base housing was good. The local housing wasn’t all that good and BAH rates sucked for the area. I spent 7 years in 29 Palms but we had Yucca Valley to get us halfway to Palm Springs and pretend we weren’t surrounded by meth labs and desert yetis.

Thanks!

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Mister Speaker posted:

For a larf I went to check out their website. I haven't seen any of their hideous work in more than a decade but it's all vividly coming back, especially all the terrible corporate customer bikes commissioned for the likes of Geico, Lance Armstrong, and Snap-On tools. But lmao especially at this:

Gunny Got Divorced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

The Rat posted:

I never got those tricycle things. You get all the absolute lack of safety that you get from riding a motorcycle, but with none of the sex appeal.

They are for old people who can't physically ride a two-wheel motorcycle anymore. They are just giant mobility scooters.