Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug
:synpa:
The Kiss Kiss Bang Bang commentary is amazing. RDJ and Val Kilmer jovially give each other poo poo over their performances through the whole thing.

Also recommending Tropic Thunder, RDJ kills it in that one too.

mkultra419 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The LOTR extended version commentary sets- particularly the cast one- are pure kino.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Rules of Attraction commentary is done by Carrot Top as he watches the movie for the first time. It's pretty funny.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Rian Johnson did a really cool thing for Looper where he released an audio commentary online while the movie was still in theaters so that if you had already seen it, you could go see it again with headphones and listen to a commentary. The commentary was different than the one he did for the physical releases.

I mean, you can do it now with the movie in your home, but I thought it was a cool idea for people who would want to do that.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
That is a pretty neat idea

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

GonSmithe posted:

Rian Johnson did a really cool thing for Looper where he released an audio commentary online while the movie was still in theaters so that if you had already seen it, you could go see it again with headphones and listen to a commentary. The commentary was different than the one he did for the physical releases.

I mean, you can do it now with the movie in your home, but I thought it was a cool idea for people who would want to do that.

That's sick

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

GonSmithe posted:

Redlettermedia made a new Plinkett audio commentary for The Phantom Menace to coincide with the 3D theatrical re-release.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I watched the commentary to brother bear with my daughter a long time ago and it has two characters that are pretty much bob and doug mckenzie that did the commentary and I enjoyed the hell out of it

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_bFkvtYAg&t=4522s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmao

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

loving lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also lol later when he comes back in "wouldn't an actual stick have been cheaper?" "i hadn't thought of that"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The 2001: A Space Odyssey commentary with Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood is really good, explaining some of the meanings in the movie (or at least their interpretations of them) and how some of the unique scenes were shot.

I've listened to a few James Bond commentaries- the one for The Living Daylights talked about how Bond movies are/were often 2:10 or less because they ran the risk of losing a screening each day if they went much over it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

CBJSprague24 posted:

The 2001: A Space Odyssey commentary with Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood is really good, explaining some of the meanings in the movie (or at least their interpretations of them) and how some of the unique scenes were shot.

A few months ago I went to a showing of 2001 and they were there for a q&a. Only about 2 or 3 question got asked because Lockwood would tell old people stories that didn't really go anywhere or have any sort of point but they lasted a good 20 minutes each.

I got their autographs and told Kier Dullea I liked him in Black Christmas then he tried to sell me a Black Chistmas photo.

B+ experience I'd do it again.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Reno 911!: Miami has 3 commentaries are all super great. The in character one is at least worth a listen for the part where Rainisha discovers there is a secret plot to build a Sandals resort on the moon for white people.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The commentaries for Mr. Show are brilliant. Equal parts gossip, how to write a ground breaking sketch show, behind the scenes info, brilliant comedy, and brand new skits and sketches.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

This is amazing.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the 1982 conan commentary pwns because every scenes th director talking for ten minutes abot the set design nd working with basil poledouris to set the mood nd then Schwarzenegger comes in with "oh yeah and this is the scene I meet Sandy"

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

wow lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The venture bros DVDs have really amazing commentary and they talk a lot about writing the show and how production goes. They have voice actors star too, but that's kinda a given since one of the creators also does a bunch of voices.

I remember them talking about how funny it was that sergeant hatreds tank was 3D and the Korean studio just made it for the hell of it. They also had a couple of props or furniture items appear from no where in some scenes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Artsygrrl posted:

Another good commentary came from the season 1 DVD set for The Simpsons. Initially, the animation for the Babysitter Bandit episode was not correct, so they had to redo parts of it. Hearing the animator walk out because the original animation was that bad really cracked me up for some reason. And Marge did indeed look like a bullfrog.

on a similar note, the commentary for the Armin Tanzarian episode is really really good because they spend the first 5 minutes of it just making fun of the people who think the episode ruined the Simpsons forever, and continue to do so interstitially during the episode

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The commentary for Pink Floyd The Wall is good, if only because neither Roger Waters nor Gerald Scarfe are very impressed with it. Scarfe sums the whole thing up with the last line of the commentary: "Hm. Looks like a urine sample."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWWeZG2OHEw

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The commentaries for Mr. Show are brilliant. Equal parts gossip, how to write a ground breaking sketch show, behind the scenes info, brilliant comedy, and brand new skits and sketches.

Have you found this online to watch anywhere aside from that audio only youtube playlist?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

general anime posted:

Have you found this online to watch anywhere aside from that audio only youtube playlist?

No, just had the DVD's back in the day.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
gently caress!!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
the Starship Troopers commentary consists almost entirely of paul verhoeven and his producer rambling about how great the special effects are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Favorite commentary track for me is This is Spinal Tap. They deliver the entire thing in character and it almost makes for a whole new movie.

• Locked thread