Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«439 »
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

bloops posted:

Why is it so hard for you to not be a dickhead? Some of us want to play the game free of spoilers or some hot take on it. Let me judge it on its own merits.

You know what you're right. I'm sorry. I overreacted.

I'm exhausted from the horrible poo poo going on and reading about this thing in my escapist thread just pushed me over the edge and that's not fair to y'all, the creators, and the game itself.

I'm concerned still, but that doesn't make it fair.

Spoiler free, another reason I support a boycott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRynF3PZn0

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

You know what you're right. I'm sorry. I overreacted.

I'm exhausted from the horrible poo poo going on and reading about this thing in my escapist thread just pushed me over the edge and that's not fair to y'all, the creators, and the game itself.

I'm concerned still, but that doesn't make it fair.

Spoiler free, another reason I support a boycott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRynF3PZn0

Literally every developer does this "crunch" bullshit and they all need to be shamed for it, but at the same time those devs involved in creating the game *do* care and *do* want people to play and enjoy it. Also I'm not gonna lie I didn't even watch that video after the first five seconds, I'm just basing this off of the text description.

bloops
Dec 30, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

You know what other industries crunch? Nearly all of them. Iíve worked 55+ hour weeks for two months in previous agency roles where the MO was burning people out because there is always 10 fresh-faced college kids wanting your spot and will do it for a pathetic salary.

My point is this, you can be mad at video game studios crunching but the real issue is worker exploitation across the working world.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So I noticed that Iíve somehow got an extra copy of XCOM: Apocalypse on Steam. Do any of you want it as a freebie? Keep in mind itís from 1997, thereís no tutorial, and the difficulty is self-adjusting based on your progress vs the aliens (and also built by a sadist). Youíd need a guide, of which there are plenty around.

PM me if youíre interested, Iíll see if I canít gift it to you somehow.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Morbid Hound

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it the last of us 2 that had that easter egg where they say the title of the game and look right at the camera?

Evil Within 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zigTx34rpsw

Fallom
Sep 6, 2008

Fun Shoe

oh my god they even got the number

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What, Me Worry?

what are you the monopoly guy

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

bloops posted:

You know what other industries crunch? Nearly all of them. Iíve worked 55+ hour weeks for two months in previous agency roles where the MO was burning people out because there is always 10 fresh-faced college kids wanting your spot and will do it for a pathetic salary.

My point is this, you can be mad at video game studios crunching but the real issue is worker exploitation across the working world.

Which is literally addressed in the video.

That's a failure of management; in capitalism, the only tools the consumer has to stop the problem is boycott -- and when one publisher is "worse than most" by the accounts of most other people in the industry, it's a little easier to avoid the biggest scumbags.

I mean if you want to play Last of Us 2 that's fine; i don't think you're terrible for buying it or anything. I just think it's a little weird to be like "ALL WORKERS MATTER" in response to being told they're a scummier company than most, and they're acting shadier than normal, which doesn't bode well for season 8 Last of Us 2.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

Which is literally addressed in the video.

That's a failure of management; in capitalism, the only tools the consumer has to stop the problem is boycott -- and when one publisher is "worse than most" by the accounts of most other people in the industry, it's a little easier to avoid the biggest scumbags.

I mean if you want to play Last of Us 2 that's fine; i don't think you're terrible for buying it or anything. I just think it's a little weird to be like "ALL WORKERS MATTER" in response to being told they're a scummier company than most, and they're acting shadier than normal, which doesn't bode well for season 8 Last of Us 2.

No one wanted to watch a video with that obnoxious gently caress

Fallom
Sep 6, 2008

Fun Shoe

I have conquered the final boss in Elex with my BLOOD REAPER III

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

I'm still really digging NMS. I spent the last three days or so setting up two different money farms, which consisted of spending a day exploring the galaxy for ~the perfect worlds~ and then a day or so dicking around building them up. So in theory twice a day I should have a shitload of products ready to sell for cash, and now I can begin my quest to be a pretty princess with fancy expensive S-class ships.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

No one wanted to watch a video with that obnoxious gently caress

I'm sure a guy that dresses like that is a true intellectual giant

(Didn't click it, I think I'd rather be lectured by a furry avatar)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Upset Trowel

yo nah jim sterling was a somethinggater back in the day, and is a huge raging misogynist he can tongue my rear end in a top hat.

Trigger warning: lots of Jim Sterling using Heated Gamer Words. Don't click if you don't want to know how much of a piece of poo poo Jim Sterling is.

https://i.imgur.com/4fkevrv.jpg

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

UH OH GEORGE, LOOKS LIKE I'M A BIG DUMBASS!!!

ASK ME ABOUT COMING IN DEAD LAST IN THE GIP 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE!!!

I LITERALLY CAME IN BEHIND SOMEBODY THAT DIDN'T UPDATE THEIR ROSTER ONCE!!!!

YOOOOOGE!!!!

Got my monitors yesterday. They are majestic.

And then I realized my video card peaks at 1920*1080, so bought a new video card this morning. Good to have an excuse for that one. My current one is probably 6 years old.

«439 »