Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
4K UI support is coming like really soon. Like this coming week soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
My experience with the shipbreaker tutorial:

I get to the first real ship, the tutorial mackerel, and decide to ignore the tether tutorial and get right into the ship. Of course, I hadn't yet been taught that you can actually use airlocks yourself, so I just tore right into the airlock door and let decompression make an opening for me. At this point, the game should have failed me since it made a future tutorial objective impossible, but I kept going deeper into the ship. I ran into the reactor, and without being told how salvaging a reactor works, plop it out of it's cooling case.

"Why is my character breathing so heavily and quickly?"

The debris field that was the back end of the ship was astonishing and I probably wasted a half-hour trying to clean it up before restarting the tutorial mission. 10/10

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

no spoilers but what y’all thinking of TLOU II

I’m definitely going to get around to it—just a huge backlog. I’m super picky with single player experiences these days, but TLOU 1 absolutely engaged me and lived up to all the hype. If it’s more of the same-ish in any capacity I’m in

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Here's a hint, when you get to the gecko class maybe think about cutting off the fuel supplies to the reactor. They have switches!

Or embrace the sunshine like I did.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Or maybe just use a key and don't blow yourself up

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
No.

:colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, first death, and a spectacularly hilarious one at that, because learned that the fuel lines to the nacelles are actually separate systems the hard way.

As I cut away the support struts to disconnect the side of the hull, I see one fuel line bend and break, venting fuel into space to the tune of alarm sirens. So I boost away from it, try to shield myself inside the hull (funnily-enough by snuggling up to the reactor), and enjoy the ensuing explosion. Afterwards, I collect myself and am surprised I'm still alive. Everything in my suit is heavily damaged and my vision is absolute poo poo. My oxygen is now also running stupidly low, so I try to make my way towards the front of the hull where I knew there were still two oxygen canisters.

Suddenly, the game gets really choppy and I assume its from whatever is still burning outside. I decide to try to blow out the bulkhead below the reactor to at least salvage it before heading back for a resupply on tethers and a medkit.

The choppiness gets worse, and suddenly the thruster backplate vanishes and I look straight into the depths of hell.

Turns out the starboard fuel line exploding drove the entire hull towards the furnace on the opposite side and the momentum carried it in.
I try to bail, but at this point the game is so choppy that I can barely maneuver, and I get sucked into the furnace along with the rest of the hull, all while laughing maniacally.

What a loving game.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh yeah, it doesn't like it when you put more than 14,000 kg into the furnace at once

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What happens when you get pulled into the furnace? I haven't tried that one out.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

What happens when you get pulled into the furnace? I haven't tried that one out.

the processor says I'm worth a little more than eight dollars

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EBB posted:

the processor says I'm worth a little more than eight dollars

Lmao yeah your suit scraps out for about 8 spacebucks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

just a heads up you can throw a reactor at a the giant ships off in the distance

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

just a heads up you can throw a reactor at a the giant ships off in the distance

Do they create scrappable debris? If so, my first goal on Tuesday is to get chain reaction explosions to fling stuff in the general direction of the furnace.

This is the best game I've never played.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Suntan Boy posted:

Do they create scrappable debris? If so, my first goal on Tuesday is to get chain reaction explosions to fling stuff in the general direction of the furnace.

This is the best game I've never played.

no, way too far outside the yard

they explode, but nothing else happens. its still a trip though

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, my xbone overheats with almost any game now, so I ordered a refurbished xbonex last night. Going to be nice to play more than ten minutes in red dead online without the xbone dumping from heat.

I was hoping it would hold out until the series X dropped, but this has been a long enough life for a first gen.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I love that the theme behind the game is "ever meet a shipfitter? Imagine what'd go wrong if we gave them a jetpack and a laser torch"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Funnily enough this forum's premier ship breaker found it really uninteresting

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

as a puzzle game its fantastic, the shipyard layout and use of tethers is a really cool gameplay function

the ship design is A+++, im tempted to go into free mode and just learn how to tear a gecko down

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Not gonna lie, gecko threw me for a loop when I first got one.

Like, wasn't even sure where to start. Not ever sure where I COULD start.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

as a puzzle game its fantastic, the shipyard layout and use of tethers is a really cool gameplay function

the ship design is A+++, im tempted to go into free mode and just learn how to tear a gecko down

This is the kind of thing I use the free mode for. Just practice tearing down without the shift time limit. I've spent upwards of 3 minutes just getting the lay of the land before I touch a thing on a ship, so learning the layouts for the ship roles (Transport/Cargo[Light/Heavy]) without using 20% of a shift is pretty useful. And only going to get more useful with the Geckos.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i just like how good of a puzzle game it is

its a really well done and executed concept, and completely hooked me. $20 is a goddamn steal for how much ive played so far

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good time to get back into Titanfall 2. It just dropped on steam for $10 so lots of new players. Like, 13,000 players. I can't remember the last time I could just jump into a game without waiting 5 minutes.

Also single player and frontier defense are good if you don't like getting farmed by G50+ CAR gods every other match

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i just like how good of a puzzle game it is

its a really well done and executed concept, and completely hooked me. $20 is a goddamn steal for how much ive played so far

seriously. i got the game when someone herr started talking about it a few days ago and already have 35 hours sunk into it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Diablo 3 Eternal Collection is $15 for PS4

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Battlefront 2 and COD WWII are the PS Plus free games right now.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Steam summer sale starts ~10am PST tomorrow.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

What game should I get, Satisfactory or Shipbreaker?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Doesn't the summer steam sale begin today-ish?
Just grab both if they go on sale.

If you're not that big of an early access fan, grab Satisfactory first, and add shipbreaker to your wishlist. Satisfactory is the much more done and polished EA game.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Doesn't the summer steam sale begin today-ish?
Just grab both if they go on sale.

If you're not that big of an early access fan, grab Satisfactory first, and add shipbreaker to your wishlist. Satisfactory is the much more done and polished EA game.

ya, it's on for me right now

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

yeah they're both on sale but told myself I'd only buy one for now.

Worst case scenario, I hate Satisfactory and buy Shipbreaker with my refund

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Anything good in the Steam Summer Sale?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Satisfactory is a couple bucks off.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
1/3 off of Outer Wilds

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
subnautuca 16.24, strange brigade 9.99, we happy few 12,

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

1/3 off of Outer Wilds

seconding outer wilds as a real good move though it gave me some new anxieties

y'all ever think about how the sun is under you at night

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Getting high at night puts you wayyyyy above the nearest star? gently caress yes :getin:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

1/3 off of Outer Wilds

Seriously, get this game.

Before Satisfactory or shipbreakers, even.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

there's a planet close enough to the sun in that game that if you jump at the wrong time it will pull you off the surface and that's not a worry i need to have!

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Overload is on sale. If you liked Descent 1/2, this is made by some of the developers of that. Very similar gameplay, updated for modern systems.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Scope posted:

Overload is on sale. If you liked Descent 1/2, this is made by some of the developers of that. Very similar gameplay, updated for modern systems.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

2nding this. One of my favorite memories of descent and watching my home town team win the super bowl in 8th grade. It came rushing back about halfway through the first level of Overload. It's spot on.

I'd recommend tabletop sim if you know people who like board games and are still social distancing. But the recommendation is based on watching others use it and enjoy it.