Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

guardian swords are fantastic for them

shoot the eye, chop the legs off and the go ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I havent played botw in so long I could probably start a new game and have loads of fun. Maybe with the DLC

but for now I'm playing ps1 lightgun games! Got a crt, a real guncon, and a bunch of games.

Time crisis - it's time crisis and it loving rules. I use the controller on the ground to stomp for exiting cover
Time crisis: project titan - it's time crisis with some tc2 enhancements like multiple hits, combos adding life, and multi cover spots.
Elemental gearbolt - anime and incomprehensible as gently caress, but the levels and music give a very panzer dragoon vibe (if you play it with a controller it basically is...). Light rpg elements to either become stronger or increase your score, I have a lot of fun with this one
Die hard trilogy 2 - DHT 1 doesnt work with the guncon, so i grabbed this one. it's a little wack but basically an area 51 clone. decent death animations when you shoot dudes in the balls.
point blank 2 - this game is hard as poo poo to play on a smaller tv, need to get a bigger crt to really get into it.

gotta get the rest of the guncon compatible games like judge dredd before i move on to saturn, ps2, and dreamcast but i love me a quick 15-20 mins of shooting pixels as a way to unwind.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've been spending an irresponsible amount of time playing Fallout 76 lately. I'm level 48 since last week. I have chinese stealth armor and just sneak past most everyone on missions, use the bow and crossbow regularly.

I know 76 is still poo poo, but I enjoy sitting in front of a super mutant stronghold just lobbing arrows and bolts at them while in my ninja suit.

The underground shelters are meh, the wastelanders story is okay, servers are still poo poo, the people that pay for 1st are building monstrous bases, the storage cap is 1200 units of whatever they use in fallout (used to be 800 and it was brutal keeping junk to fix poo poo). I'm still mad I paid full price for it, but it's coming along, almost like it's a beta yet.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've been spending an irresponsible amount of time playing Fallout 76 lately. I'm level 48 since last week. I have chinese stealth armor and just sneak past most everyone on missions, use the bow and crossbow regularly.

I know 76 is still poo poo, but I enjoy sitting in front of a super mutant stronghold just lobbing arrows and bolts at them while in my ninja suit.

The underground shelters are meh, the wastelanders story is okay, servers are still poo poo, the people that pay for 1st are building monstrous bases, the storage cap is 1200 units of whatever they use in fallout (used to be 800 and it was brutal keeping junk to fix poo poo). I'm still mad I paid full price for it, but it's coming along, almost like it's a beta yet.

This came out in 2018.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know. It's garbage but I'm still playing it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Can someone explain to me the Xbox Game Pass stuff from today? Does it impact Game Pass PC (or Ultimate or whatever they are calling it).

Itd be pretty dope if I could play new gen sports games without a new Xbox, but that seems doubtful.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I just lazily searched game pass news and saw MLB The Show 21 will be on game pass on 4/20.

No idea on your pc question, but it's about goddamn time xbox got a decent baseball game.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Wikipedia doesn't list PC as a platform at all, so I would guess it's not coming to PC game pass.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I think I'm going to go back and finish some of those open world games that came out while I was in the Army and never finished because they kept getting interrupted by going to the field for weeks at a time.

I've started Witcher 3 and gotten pretty far like 3 times but have never finished it despite liking it a lot.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I've been playing a lot of Valhiem lately. It helps that some old friends of mine are into it, including an actual Phd folklorist who loves to nerd out over the little bits and answer questions about the culture and language. That part is completely irrelevant because after too much caffeine and too little sleep this is what comes out of my mind.

There's more and its worse dumber.

A forest monster attack destroyed my outdoor kitchen so I'm zoning for a bigger better defended one. RIP cookpot.

It's a very fun game about survival, kind of a viking terarria or minecraft. And I chose to shitpost at the gods with my house.

Signs are cheap, one wood and one coal, you can stick them to nearly anything you build.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Steezo posted:

Signs are cheap, one wood and one coal, you can stick them to nearly anything you build.

I have to admit I stole the idea from a goon and built a lovely "Liveheim Laugheim Loveheim" sign for my palatial estate

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just another sunday playing fallout 76, hitting dabs, grinding towards something probably dumb. Think I might dump a lot of perks into bows today.

And some James Taylor greatest hits. Smooth, easy sailing in the wastes with that old man playing.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 4, 2021

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

fun james taylor fact: "mexico" is about how he spent all his time in the bathroom making GBS threads and couldn't see anything on vacation

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I've been racking up obscene hours in Dyson Sphere program over my week off, and I'm somewhat relieved that I'm getting back to work on Tuesday, because this loving game has roped me in as hard as Factorio

/edit:
If you were impressed that Stardew Valley, with all its primitive feel-good qualities on a pretty much zero-requirement complexity basis (by today's CPU/GPU standards), was developed by essentially two people...

...here's the entirety of the company that has developed the most beautiful interstellar factory simulator i could possibly have ever asked for:

https://imgur.com/yZD2lmt

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 4, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EBB posted:

fun james taylor fact: "mexico" is about how he spent all his time in the bathroom making GBS threads and couldn't see anything on vacation

People seem to not know or acknowledge his history with drugs either. He's elevator music to most people but has lived a pretty crazy life for so much chill rear end music.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've been racking up obscene hours in Dyson Sphere program over my week off, and I'm somewhat relieved that I'm getting back to work on Tuesday, because this loving game has roped me in as hard as Factorio

Someday someone's gonna make the perfect galaxy factory game and we're just gonna lose a lot of Europe to it. Now excuse me while I disappear back into Viking themed games...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fallout's long load screens leads to lots of time to dab.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I started replaying The Ancient Gods Part I on the easiest difficulty so I could at least get the story before I start Part II. Being able to beat every fight without even trying much (I 100%’d Doom Eternal on UV) has really let me be a content tourist and appreciate the super awesome environments and level design. There’s a lot of fine detail and cool stuff that you might otherwise miss when you have an Archvile breathing down your neck.

Same here, completed the original game on UV difficulty including all secrets and unlockables but The Ancient Gods part 1 kicked my rear end to the point where I gave up halfway through Blood Swamps. Maybe I should just swallow my dignity and dial down the difficulty so I can actually see the content, even though playing it on anything less than ultra-violence feels like a crime. I feel like my git gud juice for these kind of high intensity FPS games ran out like 10 years ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve never understood why people beat their head against an unfun difficulty setting (and sometimes hold it against the game) instead of just turning it down.

Doom: Eternal got a lot better for me when I turned off UV

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trying to solo the nuke mission (I am become death) in 76 is a pain in the rear end. Stuck trying to fix pipes alone and assaultrons just assholing their way in keep loving up my day.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Fallom posted:

I’ve never understood why people beat their head against an unfun difficulty setting (and sometimes hold it against the game) instead of just turning it down.

Doom: Eternal got a lot better for me when I turned off UV

UV was actually fun for me in the base game, but after the 20th pants-kick by a cyberdemon horde I was kind of over it in Ancient Gods 1. I have Ancient Gods 2, but I started a hardcore Subnautica run with various mods that create a pile of hazards for you, so I’m working through that first. I’m still working through BoTW as well, that game owns bones.

It wasn’t this run, but another with the same mods had a reaper chase me up to the bow of the Aurora and steal my Seamoth, after I thought I was being clever and ducking through the wreckage to avoid getting eaten. I had it all but beached by the lower door, then a big red set of jaws appeared and drug my little ship back under :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Doom: Eternal was not really a fun game

don't @ me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Subnautica is great but they're the king of load screens on my xbone. I know I sat here for 5 solid minutes one day waiting on the drat thing to load a long running save.

Need the expansion on console so I can torture myself with that game again.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I just finished Alyx. The "Jeff" level was one of the best survival horror experiences I've had in a while.

Any recommendations for other full length VR games? I bought MOH Above and Beyond but the gun handling is really clunky and the gameplay is basically 5 minute events broken up by very long cutscenes with longer load times.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo, I didn't even know they were still making MoH games.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ashmole posted:

I just finished Alyx. The "Jeff" level was one of the best survival horror experiences I've had in a while.

Any recommendations for other full length VR games? I bought MOH Above and Beyond but the gun handling is really clunky and the gameplay is basically 5 minute events broken up by very long cutscenes with longer load times.

I just got through the part after you pick up the flashlight. That sequence was so drat nasty.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

poo poo, I didn't even know they were still making MoH games.

I bought it because I'm a sucker for WW2 games and am nostalgic for the old MOH games. Plus I wanted to be traumatized by a D-Day level in VR.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Welp...got cocky with a stasis rifle looking for Cyclops fragments, and got eaten by a reaper off the stern of the Aurora. There’s the end of that! :haw:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Doom: Eternal was not really a fun game

don't @ me

It’s a fun game, it’s just very divergent from Doom for sure so I can see how it’s not enjoyable to some. Fun being subjective and what not.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fallout got me all

Must be all the mole rat chunks.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Did you like My Summer Car? How about a game about being a conscript in the Finnish Army, in a sorta-similar style?

Trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CGHXeQz6gI

And Indiegogo here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/finnish-army-simulator#/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Anyone play Observation? Just saw it on gamepass so it's downloading now for tomorrow.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If you haven't played Outer Worlds yet: You are wrong and you need to play Outer Worlds.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

If you haven't played Outer Worlds yet: You are wrong and you need to play Outer Worlds.

It was good at the start but stalled out in the middle, I still finished it but it was a slog for me near the end

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

Better game: Outer Wilds.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

mlmp08 posted:

Better game: Outer Wilds.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

CommieGIR posted:

Is there an expansion or any DLC?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MonkeyWash posted:

Is there an expansion or any DLC?

There are two DLCs out right now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

It was good at the start but stalled out in the middle, I still finished it but it was a slog for me near the end

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the ending and companion stories were extremely weak

i am still first in line for outer worlds 2