Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i can see a sequel fixing a lot of the rough stuff. It had definate "first game in a series" issues.

I give them full props for making a switch port too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

mlmp08 posted:

Better game: Outer Wilds.
poo poo, I knew I forgot to finish something.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

I played a bunch of that before I got bored and then started playing Tarkov. Definitely excited for the sequel.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1379602342744571906?s=20

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

mlmp08 posted:

Better game: Outer Wilds.

Holy poo poo this game sounds awesome.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

We real cool. We
Left school. We

Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We

Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We

Jazz June. We
Die soon.

Ashmole posted:

Holy poo poo this game sounds awesome.

I cannot overstate how much that game blew me away. And not just in a way where it did something other games already do, but better, not even just in a way where it did something completely different and new, but it does multiple completely different and new things, and ties them together so loving well.

I'm pretty sure I wrote up a spoilerfree effortpost about how impressed I was with the game, I'll dig it up after breakfast.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just realized that it's been a long while since I played a game before going to work, and then didn't want to go to work, because it meant 9 hours of not playing said game.

Outer Wilds really brought something back out in me.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just finished Outer Wilds in a marathon session today, because I simply couldn't put it down.

What an absolutely beautiful and wonderfully-done game. Mechanics-wise, story-wise, imagery- and setting-wise. Just an absolute loving delight to play.
Nothing gets dull, and even as you're starting to feel proximity to the finish line, the game still throws new concepts or puzzles at you, instead of introducing something at the beginning of the game and just have it recur over and over. So many "OH SNAP, THAT ADDS UP", or "OH THAT IS JUST SO drat COOL" moments, I can't put it into words.

And the implementation of quantum mechanics and other astrophysical concepts to tie the whole bundle together, so loving well done.

The ending brought tears to my eyes. I love being able to "play the ending", but then they somehow manage to throw a reveal in there, and suddenly something that's been accompanying you the whole game makes sense.

Just a super loving fun game that is incredibly well-done. For 20 bucks, no less.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 7, 2021

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CommieGIR posted:

If you haven't played Outer Worlds yet: You are wrong and you need to play Outer Worlds.

its ok. i dont know about the dlc cuz it wasnt really great enough to buy it. but it 100% was not the next great new vegas in space that everyone harped on about

edit : if you can get outer worlds on sale it is worth the price. its just not ground breaking or anything but it is fun

ded fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 7, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Yea my memory of it from release was that it was pretty loving bland, but I definitely had new vegas expectations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Outer Worlds would have been way better if they spent a little more time fleshing out the story, and maybe cut like half of the Monarch stuff. My big beef with the game was that the middle "third" was over half my time spent with the game. By the time I was off that planet I was ready for the game to be done. It kind of felt like they went in with 8 hours of content to fill out a 12 plus hour game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

If Godzilla can do it, you know I can deliver!

Pillbug

I liked the game at least, enjoyed the story and music, and the setting was enjoyable.