Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i can see a sequel fixing a lot of the rough stuff. It had definate "first game in a series" issues.

I give them full props for making a switch port too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

mlmp08 posted:

Better game: Outer Wilds.
poo poo, I knew I forgot to finish something.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I played a bunch of that before I got bored and then started playing Tarkov. Definitely excited for the sequel.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1379602342744571906?s=20

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

mlmp08 posted:

Better game: Outer Wilds.

Holy poo poo this game sounds awesome.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ashmole posted:

Holy poo poo this game sounds awesome.

I cannot overstate how much that game blew me away. And not just in a way where it did something other games already do, but better, not even just in a way where it did something completely different and new, but it does multiple completely different and new things, and ties them together so loving well.

I'm pretty sure I wrote up a spoilerfree effortpost about how impressed I was with the game, I'll dig it up after breakfast.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just realized that it's been a long while since I played a game before going to work, and then didn't want to go to work, because it meant 9 hours of not playing said game.

Outer Wilds really brought something back out in me.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just finished Outer Wilds in a marathon session today, because I simply couldn't put it down.

What an absolutely beautiful and wonderfully-done game. Mechanics-wise, story-wise, imagery- and setting-wise. Just an absolute loving delight to play.
Nothing gets dull, and even as you're starting to feel proximity to the finish line, the game still throws new concepts or puzzles at you, instead of introducing something at the beginning of the game and just have it recur over and over. So many "OH SNAP, THAT ADDS UP", or "OH THAT IS JUST SO drat COOL" moments, I can't put it into words.

And the implementation of quantum mechanics and other astrophysical concepts to tie the whole bundle together, so loving well done.

The ending brought tears to my eyes. I love being able to "play the ending", but then they somehow manage to throw a reveal in there, and suddenly something that's been accompanying you the whole game makes sense.

Just a super loving fun game that is incredibly well-done. For 20 bucks, no less.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 7, 2021

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CommieGIR posted:

If you haven't played Outer Worlds yet: You are wrong and you need to play Outer Worlds.

its ok. i dont know about the dlc cuz it wasnt really great enough to buy it. but it 100% was not the next great new vegas in space that everyone harped on about

edit : if you can get outer worlds on sale it is worth the price. its just not ground breaking or anything but it is fun

ded fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 7, 2021

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea my memory of it from release was that it was pretty loving bland, but I definitely had new vegas expectations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Outer Worlds would have been way better if they spent a little more time fleshing out the story, and maybe cut like half of the Monarch stuff. My big beef with the game was that the middle "third" was over half my time spent with the game. By the time I was off that planet I was ready for the game to be done. It kind of felt like they went in with 8 hours of content to fill out a 12 plus hour game.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I liked the game at least, enjoyed the story and music, and the setting was enjoyable.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

crossposting this from YOSPOS because :stonk:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

crossposting this from YOSPOS because :stonk:

Literally an hour ago, I got a CS:GO invitation in steam chat from a guy that I haven't talked to in 10 years. No follow up, no further text, just a random invite.

Didn't click it, but Jesus. :stare:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Literally an hour ago, I got a CS:GO invitation in steam chat from a guy that I haven't talked to in 10 years. No follow up, no further text, just a random invite.

There are lots of weird scams like that. I had a few friends get their accounts scammed and immediately send requests. This was a while ago so it was a normal phishing scam, but I just assume anything sent to me these days is a scam, even if from a friend.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I might have asked this before, but idk: is Starpoint Gemini: Warlords any good? It’s in my library and I don’t know how/when it got there, but looks cool enough. Is it worth downloading?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 12, 2021

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

what’s the scam/concern?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Playing Dyson Sphere all wrong but enjoying it. Just made it to the 2nd planet, but first I'm trying to extract my starter planet's entire mineral wealth and put it in boxes.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

what’s the scam/concern?

Remote code execution, aka with only a steam invite any random jackass can make your PC do whatever they want just as well as if they had a logged in terminal window

plus the large concern of Valve ignoring it for two years after they were notified

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Valve doesn’t seem to give a single poo poo about the nonstop scams and hacks being run out of their chat service

Makes me wish Epic and CDPR weren’t such shitshow companies

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fallom posted:

Valve doesn’t seem to give a single poo poo about the nonstop scams and hacks being run out of their chat service

Makes me wish Epic and CDPR weren’t such shitshow companies

Its mostly Hackerone, that runs their outsourced Bug Bounty, they are notoriously lovely and love ripping off/silencing bug bounty/reported vulns. But yeah, even with that, Steam is miles ahead of Epic and CDPR quality wise.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

GD_American posted:

Playing Dyson Sphere all wrong but enjoying it. Just made it to the 2nd planet, but first I'm trying to extract my starter planet's entire mineral wealth and put it in boxes.

It may take a while, but eventually you can make all the numbers 0. It is a beautiful event. Biggest issue is stone. Second biggest is that there will always be oil, always.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
What's this about CS:GO being some kind of money laundering operation now? :psyduck:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Yeah I thought bitcoin had long since replaced TF Hat Mining for that sort of thing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

It may take a while, but eventually you can make all the numbers 0. It is a beautiful event. Biggest issue is stone. Second biggest is that there will always be oil, always.

Stone gets absolutely murdered by intermediate component production once you even start to eyeball automated dyson sphere production.

You'll need a decent output of glass for your plane filter line that feeds onto quantum chips which you need for rockets and green science, which - in turn - feeds your warper production.

Once you have the first dyson sphere stress research unlocked and actually start mass launching sails at your nodes/shells, your glass and stone production will get eaten up by photon combiner assemblers right quick.

If you chose to continuously run a dyson swarm in the early-to-midgame (i chose not to, because it seemed like a massively inefficient resource sink), chances are your stone supplies got chewed up much quicker.

/edit:
In case it wasn't obvious, once you have your dyson sphere launch rate set up and steady, you're gonna want to continue research of all green science upgrades and technologies, which further gobbles up quantum chips/plane filters/glass/stone, and then you're getting into white research, which eats up green cubes at a ratio of 2:1

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 13, 2021

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I havent played botw in so long I could probably start a new game and have loads of fun. Maybe with the DLC

but for now I'm playing ps1 lightgun games! Got a crt, a real guncon, and a bunch of games.

Time crisis - it's time crisis and it loving rules. I use the controller on the ground to stomp for exiting cover
Time crisis: project titan - it's time crisis with some tc2 enhancements like multiple hits, combos adding life, and multi cover spots.
Elemental gearbolt - anime and incomprehensible as gently caress, but the levels and music give a very panzer dragoon vibe (if you play it with a controller it basically is...). Light rpg elements to either become stronger or increase your score, I have a lot of fun with this one
Die hard trilogy 2 - DHT 1 doesnt work with the guncon, so i grabbed this one. it's a little wack but basically an area 51 clone. decent death animations when you shoot dudes in the balls.
point blank 2 - this game is hard as poo poo to play on a smaller tv, need to get a bigger crt to really get into it.

gotta get the rest of the guncon compatible games like judge dredd before i move on to saturn, ps2, and dreamcast but i love me a quick 15-20 mins of shooting pixels as a way to unwind.

Point blank is still awesome too this day and has not had a game come close to it to this day

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

god drat do i love point blank, especially when the cabinet had the recoil model guncons

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I done hosed up the planning of my Dyson Sphere, so now it looks like a case fan:

But it's purty

Real purty-like

I hosed up similarly on the southern pole of the sphere, so I just decided to commit

Okay, I decided to just go with it and get a little crazy:

This game is addictive as all gently caress

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I went for a 5 day vacation and FORGOT MY GODDAMNED LAPTOP so now all I see when I lie down is possible spaghetti layouts

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My Dyson Sphere thought it would get the occasional breather from being bombarded with solar sails when my home planet is eclipsed by the gas giant it orbits.

It was wrong.

:)

Christ, this is mesmerizing

Just look at my dumb spaghettified science hub

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 18, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll hit level 100 on fallout 76 today.

And yes, it's still garbage. At least two quests glitched up on me for the moment. The bow is lots of fun with chinese stealth armor though.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My Dyson Sphere thought it would get the occasional breather from being bombarded with solar sails when my home planet is eclipsed by the gas giant it orbits.

It was wrong.

:)

Christ, this is mesmerizing

Just look at my dumb spaghettified science hub

I’m impressed, NGL.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I started playing dyson sphere and I need someone to explain how all this poo poo works

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

I started playing dyson sphere and I need someone to explain how all this poo poo works

Turn a planet into a hollow planet. Disregard any local wildlife or sentient beings. Feed the imperial luxury gay space communism machine brain.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

orange juche posted:

Make a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a bigger factory to feed the needs of a...

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

orange juche posted:

The mecha burns energy, so you have to keep it fuelled. It wont be game over if you go Zero energy, you just slow way down. Hit C to bring up the fuel menu.

Set a miner by resources, run a conveyor from it to storage or a smelter. The tricky part are sorters: you have to click once to set origin, then click for destination. Did you click conveyor, storage? It takes things off the belt and stores them. Smelter, conveyor? Takes finished products and puts them on the belt.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1i-XRlsg2Q

This is loving stellar.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Aight, it is what it says. Fuckin lmao that this is sponsored I love the future.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KirbyKhan posted:

Aight, it is what it says. Fuckin lmao that this is sponsored I love the future.

"We made a villain, its a tall girl monster"

Later

"What the gently caress, everyone is attracted to her."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

"We made a villain, its a tall girl monster"

Later

"What the gently caress, everyone is attracted to her."

they knew exactly what they were doing and if anything they're fanning those flames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
"I blame deviant art for even really *sigh* making this a question "