Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The dev had a number for height with/without hat and heels ready, absolute knower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah Capcom knew exactly what their target market was with tall vampire lady.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hey guys please do not forget the slightly less tall but still very tall sexy vampire daughters.

This was someone's horny Sistine Chapel.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Wasabi the J posted:

Hey guys please do not forget the slightly less tall but still very tall sexy vampire daughters.

This was someone's horny Sistine Chapel.

Imagining the picture of man touching god but instead of man's finger it's my balls and instead of gods touch it is mommy vampire milkers high heel.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

capcom is turning itself around in a lot of ways, and im extremely impressed if anything how they handled mommy vampire to hype their game up

street fighter v's director was japanese fired and the new devs in charges are really doing fantastic things with the game finally

the new mohun for switch has been well received, i guess- idk, i cant get into mmorpg gear grind: the game, but people like it a ton

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's gonna be really funny to slowly find out about all the problems yoshinori ono was causing, by dint of their sudden absence

like how after mighty no. 9 ate hard poo poo we were all so much more able to track bad decisions keiji inafune was making all over the place

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i wanna see what was done on street fighter 6 that was so bad they trashed it all and started over

whatever it got akira from rival schools in street fighter after asking for over 20 years finally, and jfc they said gently caress it she gets her air combos from project justice because we want to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOdgfo7OaLI

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

street fighter v's director was japanese fired

I would like to know more.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Godholio posted:

I would like to know more.

He "resigned" back in august and everything indicates his resignation was very, very encouraged, though i don't have any good linkable sources sitting around. I get most of my insider info from Castle Superbeast, because industry people seem to tell Pat (of Pat Stares At) all kinds of wild poo poo because he doesn't give away sources and knows when not to say things, and he's indicated that he has never, ever, ever heard a single positive thing about Ono from people that have interacted with him, in a way that implies he has in fact heard many, many, many negative things.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Rival schools owned

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Japanese fired is really something, they've had the practice of madogiwazoku (窓際族/まどぎわぞく, lit: the tribe that sits by windows)for a while, where they give you a window seat and don't give you any work and you just show up and read the newspaper until you retire, because it's illegal to fire someone in Japan, they can only resign. They also have a sterner practice called oidashibeya (banishment room) where they sit you in a windowless room in the building, take away your business cards, and you sit at an empty desk every day with no interaction and no relief from boredom until you quit the company.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 20, 2021

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Rival schools owned

as did project justice

but yeah ono has been in charge of the fight games at capcom for like a decade. during that time he oversaw:

-the end of sf4, which wasnt the worst

-SFxTekken which should have been good but jabs were way overpowered in the game and it kinda killed it

-Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, which was killed by being a bad game and by Disney buying marvel and refusing to allow wolverine in a mvc game

-Street Fighter V, which has been pretty dang boring and bland until he got canned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVhoiXl0fc is prolly the best summary of it all

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCWjSOSWiUw

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 20, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
My RTX 2060 is currently sitting at 384€ on ebay and there are still 3 hours left on the auction. I paid something around 400€ for this thing 13 months ago, goddamn.

Also, blueprints have helped me absolutely turbocharge my interstellar logistics network and now I'm churning out frame material at about 25/s and solar sails at 60/s.
Despite turning my main ejection planet into half a blooming onion, I can still only launch around 30 sails per second on average due to the ejection orbits and positions of the planets /planet rotation.

I'm gonna add an equatorial ring of launchers to machinegun frame rockets at the sphere tomorrow, but I can only sit for about half an hour at a time before going back to exercizing due to my back being hosed, so I'm gonna rely on blueprinting my poo poo and then just plastering it around some more.

Giving you an actual reward and a usable game mechanic (photons or straight-power) for the endgame resource-sink that rockets are makes this endgame mechanic so much better than just ramping up your rockets-per-second rate in Factorio.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 20, 2021

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Giving you an actual reward and a usable game mechanic (photons or straight-power) for the endgame resource-sink that rockets are makes this endgame mechanic so much better than just ramping up your rockets-per-second rate in Factorio.

I agree, it's a super cool mechanic even if you're an idiot like me and set up the sphere in a system with only 1 planet and can't actually get all that energy :doh:

I think the game has huge potential to expand beyond the current endgame, to make use of all the energy a super-huge sphere can make. Manufacturing more superstructures that take gigajoules to run would be amazing, but even just what the game has now and planned in the immediate future is excellent.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1384464582790434822

Hot drat this is a nostalgia trip

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I played everything right up until Half Life 2. After that they started to lose me. I recognized Mirrors Edge and Portal.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yooooooo

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is available to download free between NOW April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST and May 14 8:00pm Pacific Time / May 15 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST.

Once you claim it's yours to keep

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 20, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yooooooo

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is available to download free between NOW April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST and May 14 8:00pm Pacific Time / May 15 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST.

Once you claim it's yours to keep

Is this only on playstation? I recall seeing a similar announcement for another platform, i think epic launcher?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Seeing Medal of Honor on that compilation time traveled me back to Blockbuster.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is this only on playstation? I recall seeing a similar announcement for another platform, i think epic launcher?

don't think so. There might have been a patch recently for PC? Not sure.

It's part of Playstations "play at home" bit, which started with the pandemic. Don't believe you need PS+, either.

God of War is free as well, but that's part of the PS+ collection.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also Rez HD and Subnautica

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Rez is so good. Doubly so with PSVR. But, good either way.

Thumper is on there too

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, just Playstation. Epic's running a sale on it for $30, which is probably the best you'll get on PC for now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Rez is so good. Doubly so with PSVR. But, good either way.

enhance studio and kojima games are pretty much my only instant day one buys without reservation

tetris effect and rez are 2/3 of the best VR games ive played, and both of them rule without vr too.

the other vr game is wipeout. jfc sony killed it with that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I got Rez and Tetris Effect on the Quest 2 and they own

The Quest 2 just owns in general. I wish I had started with that instead of the Vive a few years ago.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

NieR RepliCant is a lot funnier than i thought it would be. Thanks to one character it's just genre aware enough without becoming obnoxious. There's the usual chipper anime protagonist who wants to do the right thing, the wizened elder its a book instead of a mage and an angry, very angry, companion who has had it with all the fantasy cliche bullshit.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just downloaded Dyson Sphere Program. What fresh hell time sink am I stumbling into?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

Just downloaded Dyson Sphere Program. What fresh hell time sink am I stumbling into?

Yes...

...yes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Icon Of Sin posted:

REACH OUT AND CAGE THE SUN

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Icon Of Sin posted:

It is insane. it is somehow worse than anyof my Civilization holes. Civ was “just one more turn”, DSP is “oh, I gotta fix that”

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fired the game up to get this fucker caged in finally.

Just 2000 more rockets and 100,000 sails to go :shobon:

/edit:
MULTI-ORBIT-TARGETING

/edit2:
It only took two hours of idling, and I may have overshot my goal just a weee bit sail-wise.

/edit3:
Whoops, forgot to complete the "final research" for a measly 4k white cubes.

Nevermind that the next level of veins utilization costs 28k

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 27, 2021

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice sun you got locked up in there.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mighty nice halo you have there, Mr. Black Hole.

It'd be a drat shame if someone came along and boxed you in. :twisted:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Man I need to get this game.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Gotta be honest, putting a Yarmulke on a Black Hole feels neither safe nor proper.

/edit:
This makes no sense whatsoever, but it's still somehow so much fun

/edit2:

I felt like ruining something beautiful

/edit3:
Welp, it seems as though if you choose the smalles Dyson sphere radius, you get some rendering issues, where your shell isn't rendered until you're "close enough".
Serves me right for trying to contain a loving black hole in a Gucci-handbag-sized sphere

:negative:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 27, 2021

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McNally posted:

Man I need to get this game.

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE

I’m not really progressing terribly much, I don’t think? I did all the research I could with blue and red cubes, now I’m loving around with maximizing my materials collection/processing efficiency. I got really tired of my storages being full and clogging up the lines by not allowing anything in...so I got rid of all of them. I’ve got 3 splitters set up that can filter whatever resource I need (for now...)on to the main line, and drones supplying 2 of them with various materials. All my good stuff gets pulled to a smaller secondary line, for now. I plan to make another setup like that for cube making/using, but I haven’t gotten this one quite to where I want it juuuuuust yet.

...I think that’s the feeling that’s dooming me with this drat game, always looking for a better way to do...whatever my goal was. I think it’s everything I loved about No Man’s Sky, just scaled up to a hilarious level? Not entirely sure, but I’m loving hooked.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress the rendering issues, this is still beautiful as hell

gently caress you, black hole

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Iron- drained
Copper- drained
Coal- drained
Stone- on the way to being completely extracted and stockpiled.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do my refining. I think I'm going to do the old Soviet One Big Thing design and just conveyor that poo poo all to one spot. Makes it easier to deal with byproducts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

GD_American posted:

Iron- drained
Copper- drained
Coal- drained
Stone- on the way to being completely extracted and stockpiled.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do my refining. I think I'm going to do the old Soviet One Big Thing design and just conveyor that poo poo all to one spot. Makes it easier to deal with byproducts.

I still have a whole bunch of resource nodes on my home planet because I started exploiting other planets/systems for resources, and then shipping either the intermediate resulting products or - at the very least - the ore back home and funnelling it into my existing production setups, which is why those nodes bizarrely never run out.
My exploitation/mining setups on other planets and systems are just brutal ore-hoovering that I ship to central smelting hubs in my home-system off-planet.

I had three of these set up by hand, and then opted to grab a blueprint for massive expansion. I just went to a random system with desirables, dropped down a polar ring of solar collectors, crammed 5-8 miners around several nodes, belted the ore to an ISLS that was set to remote supply, and that was it.
My late-game SOP was pretty much the same, except power came from interstellar accumulator exchange, and every node gets a planetary logistics station and then I just drone the ore to the ISLS instead of belting it.

My smelting hubs essentially just perpetually request ore from about 3-4 different mining systems, my intermediate production hubs request smelted goods from the smelting hubs, and the only stuff I actually still produce on my home planet is research (almost outsourced off-planet/system as well) and components, and even those request their input from other planets (mainly particle containers, processors, graphene, etc.)

I barely have any actual refining set up, because most of my cracking products come from other sources. Graphene comes from fire ice which I get from two fully-covered ice-giants and a couple of fire ice nodes off-system, sulfuric acid comes from one single planet where i have roughly forty pumps just draining the sulfuric acid oceans, I barely need any plastic (with the exception of particle broadband production) since organic crystals come from off-system as well, and hydrogen comes from gas giants.

I guess there's a chance I might need to refine oil to get energetic graphite once coal runs out, but coal is so loving abundant that I don't really see this happening.

Black hole update:

Still an incredibly stupid/pointless undertaking.