Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The yeilds on the starter planet peter out and do not scale up past the midgame. But there is still a bunch left, so to completely deplete the planet you have to engineer some balanced rube goldberg consumption machine to run while you're off on real planets doing real sun caging.

It is satisfying tho. The oil is perpetual and the most clever solution I saw for it was running a equator belt of power gen then hooking up all the seeps to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I haven’t even built a warper yet. I’m sucking the home system dry first.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Dyson Sphere trip report, day 3:

Rube Goldberg whispered, "What the gently caress?"

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The planet I invaded to steal their titanium is FAR less of a mess than my home planet :cry:

I keep tearing down everything and rebuilding to see what kind of silly poo poo I can automate production of. Right now it’s logistics towers and drones, because that makes sense :haw:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Art of Rally is my spirit animal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
New Destroy All Humans! is out.

Also the latest update to Fallout 76 has been good. 60gb~ but lots of fixes and new stuff. But it's still 76 so lol. I'm level 120 now.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hell yea I played the poo poo out of Art of Rally when it came out. Awesome soundtrack too

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Good lord the D2 Resurrected reddit is loving awful. loving capital G gamers

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nuclear Tourist posted:

on my wishlist now

bengy81
May 8, 2010

orange juche posted:

Good lord the D2 Resurrected reddit is loving awful. loving capital G gamers

You should post a thread and ask why D3 is better than D2.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bengy81 posted:

You should post a thread and ask why D3 is better than D2.

Nah, too busy shaking my head at people unironically ranting about how the 25px tall Amazon sprite had larger tits than the 3d model in D2R (and how this perceived difference is censorship), or how the Assassin having Asian facial features is Blizzard shilling diversity and trying to squeeze money out of Asian gamers or something :psyboom:

Fucks sake

E: also heated debates about the ages of the various female characters in D2.

I just want information about game why do fuckwits have to be like that

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 4, 2021

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Information always comes at a price *cackles*

bengy81
May 8, 2010

orange juche posted:

Nah, too busy shaking my head at people unironically ranting about how the 25px tall Amazon sprite had larger tits than the 3d model in D2R (and how this perceived difference is censorship), or how the Assassin having Asian facial features is Blizzard shilling diversity and trying to squeeze money out of Asian gamers or something :psyboom:

Fucks sake

E: also heated debates about the ages of the various female characters in D2.

I just want information about game why do fuckwits have to be like that

Ick, I just follow the general Diablo subreddit, it's bad, but it's not that bad. You just get a lot of old dudes defending D2 to the death, and a wee bit of misogyny, but I've never seen the super creepy poo poo like that. Got to love reddit...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Nice, they got the Sport Quattro, the Pikes Peak one, AND the original Ur quattro.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

It's a neat love letter to the best motorsport. Awesome groovy synthwave soundtrack too. And I like how they couldn't afford to license anything, so they had to get a bit creative with naming the cars. What is obviously a BMW M1 is das uberwhip, the Lancia 037 is il monster, the Volvo 240 is turbo brick etc.

edit: juuuumps, Walter Röhrl you suuuuuck

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 4, 2021

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Michelle Mouton is where its at anyways, that girl could DRIVE.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ok then ill wait

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1389958094596214784?s=20

im buying it again bc hells yes handheld tony hawk

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 18, 2022

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hardspace Shipbreaker update is out. Progress was reset since a bunch of it changed. There's a story mode now and the tutorial is more a part of the game than a separate thing you do.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I enjoyed Hardspace but poo poo did I bump up against the processing limits of my laptop pretty quick with it so I put it down.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

GD_American posted:

I enjoyed Hardspace but poo poo did I bump up against the processing limits of my laptop pretty quick with it so I put it down.

Man but flinging an entire half a ship into a processor is entertaining as gently caress as it grinds your computer to a dead halt.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:same:

Still waiting on that THPS 3 DLC thou

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Microsoft store has Series S in stock right now. Delivery estimate for next week.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
We got my 9 year old a second hand Oculus Rift VR set, and honestly....its really nice.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

orange juche posted:

Man but flinging an entire half a ship into a processor is entertaining as gently caress as it grinds your computer to a dead halt.

My own computer makes fewer strangling noises when I do this now, maybe they optimized some stuff.

They did introduce a bunch of interesting new bugs, though. Like, I popped the back end off a starter ship, and the rear end end of the remainder swung down hard enough to bash my dying self out of the play area. This is repeatable, apparently.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Suntan Boy posted:

My own computer makes fewer strangling noises when I do this now, maybe they optimized some stuff.

They did introduce a bunch of interesting new bugs, though. Like, I popped the back end off a starter ship, and the rear end end of the remainder swung down hard enough to bash my dying self out of the play area. This is repeatable, apparently.

Yeah, I think that the masses of the parts are not applying as soon as the cut points are severed. The new parts spawned may have 0 mass or something at the instant they spawn and then mass applies after momentum, which causes fun and terrible Space-OSHA incidents to happen, like 20,000 kg of nanocarbon deciding to attempt to break orbit when you cut the last attachment, crushing you under something attached to it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:frogsiren: Paging COMRADE BLYATLOV :frogsiren:

My Summer Car meets Chernobyl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-hZ6UnNhF4

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

:frogsiren: Paging COMRADE BLYATLOV :frogsiren:

My Summer Car meets Chernobyl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-hZ6UnNhF4

:stare: I mean, that's cool, but drat is that grim.

Its also more like that Viscera Cleanup Detail game.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I probably won't enjoy that for the same reason I wasnt a fan of Tin Can or Shipbreaker - why would I want to play a simulation of my own life?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My Series S showed up today. Now to play the update game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

:same:

Still waiting on that THPS 3 DLC thou

i'd take the music from 3 but the stages werent the best- that was the first ps2/gamecube era one and they had poo poo to figure out

thps4 is my #1 but drat the 1+2 remake finally means thats tony hawk 2x on dreamcast isnt the best way to play em anymore

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i'd take the music from 3 but the stages werent the best- that was the first ps2/gamecube era one and they had poo poo to figure out

thps4 is my #1 but drat the 1+2 remake finally means thats tony hawk 2x on dreamcast isnt the best way to play em anymore

IDK, I just have really fond memories of Foundry, Airport and Suburbia in that game.

Tokyo was okay.

gently caress, I'm kinda annoyed this is coming out a week after I leave the country. I *might* be able to double dip it since I'll be in the UK but still.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you should be able to connect to the eshop as long as you have wifi

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Remastered edition of Ghosts 'n Goblins coming to Steam June 1st.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1375400/Ghosts_n_Goblins_Resurrection/

Christ, I wasted so much time on that game as a kid

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/1394475762753835008?s=19

Same

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Oh good god is that blueprint mod for Dyson Sphere a huge upgrade

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

I need a few days off from that game to mentally prepare for ripping everything up and reorganizing.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Suntan Boy posted:

I need a few days off from that game to mentally prepare for ripping everything up and reorganizing.

Nilaus on Youtube. I greatly enjoyed learning and designing and tearing up and redesigning, but when you're ready to optimize, his poo poo is supreme.

I'm putting together some big blueprints, I'll be happy to share them here when I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So... Snowrunner.

I'm axle deep in a mud pit out of winch range from everything. Also the steering is atrocious, which I assume is because it's an xbox port. But I'm going to dig more mud holes tonight with my rear axles because I might have finally gotten bored of Fallout 76.