Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Redacted

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Smiling Jack posted:

I got advanced warfare from the bargain bin at target and I now finally understand the thread title

I spent a couple of minutes walking around bumping into things during that scene. Teabagging in front of mourners during a military funeral is peak Call of Duty.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

It's good, until they start playing JRPGs. The Paper Mario and FF1 segments were 3-4 hours long, and we're boring as all gently caress, and they scheduled those as prime time segments. The blocks where they speedrun complete trash are way more entertaining, but they do those at 2 AM.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Oh, poo poo, I didn't know that Everdraed did the animations for Undertale.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Been playing Stardew Valley. I have made a mistake, and now all of my time is going to disappear.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

There's a lot to do. Bunches of side quests, hunting animals, collectibles, stuff like that. So far the plot and story telling have been top notch. Combat is really fun. Stealthing through encounters has been working out for me so far, but when poo poo hits the fan you can roll around and go into slow motion and pop shots off. It's super tight. And like it's been said before, it's absolutely gorgeous. I 100% recommend it, especially if you have a good 4k TV.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I just ended up getting a PS4 and an Xbox. That way I don't have to worry about the arguments for or against either one. Given that, I honestly use my Xbox more, but that's primarily because almost all of my friends play on it. PS4 still has tons of worthwhile exclusives, though.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Debating if I want to buy Zelda after I finish work today or Horizon Zero Dawn?

Both look really fun and I can't choose :ohdear:

Throwing a vote in for Horizon. It's really, really loving good.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That dude is generally a Bad Poster

This got me for a second.

Finished Horizon Friday, apparently. Got blackout drunk and woke up to the credits paused on my TV. Don't remember a drat thing about how it ends, so I guess I'll need to replay the last few missions. Not complaining, I'm seriously thinking of replaying the whole thing over.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

You could make a spot on MGS4 era Solid Snake in that beta, which is the route I went.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I've never seen it before, watching it now. This movie sure starts strong :stare:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Why have I not watched this before? Holy poo poo.

What system are most people getting Ghost Recon for? I'd be down to roll with a GiP crew, since none of my buddies are going to buy it. I usually play on Xbox, but I could play it on my PS4.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Not yet. So far this has been loving rad though.

Edit: :staredog: OH.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 8, 2017

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The Rat posted:

I didn't like it either to be honest. It felt too cynical and depressing.

Hit too close to reality for you?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

You can tell it's good when the characters on screen make the same facial expression you do. Goddamn, that game is so good.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Every once in a while I remember that they ported MGS3 to the 3DS, and I can only imagine how poorly it plays.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Jesus. Assassin's Creed has had better than that. Not that janky facial animations haven't been a staple of Mass Effect so far, but you'd think they'd put more effort into the ones that aren't... Whatever the Shepard is now. Especially coming off the heels of a game like Horizon which has really believable character and facial animation for the most part. One would have thought that they'd have at least figured out the weird stilted animations during dialogue. "Here I am in my neutral pose, now I am in my inquisitive pose, now I am in my neutral pose."

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I upped from a regular PS4 to a Pro. Couldn't find anyone to offload the old one to, so I hit up the Game Stop. Apparently I would have gotten just as much for trading in my 3DS :pwn: What the gently caress?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Missionary Positron posted:

Jesus christ, BF4 with all DLCs is a gigantic download

How big, and on what? Halo 5 is 98 loving gigabytes, which if you have a "500 gig" Xbox, that's about a third of the hard drive space.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Anyone pick up Wildlands on the Xbox?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Battlefront sold almost 15 million copies, which puts it close to being one of the 50 best selling games of all time. Lots of people buy things and then don't talk about them on the internet

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They announced the new Forza Horizon DLC, and they decided to go all the way and just turn it into Hot Wheels and I'm very on board.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

It's a trick, like the beginning of Mars Attacks!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

how's the xbone s? I really want to watch Planet Earth 2 in 4k. If I want 4k blu-ray might as well get one, maybe play some exclusives? :shrug: Lame the ps4 pro doesn't have 4k blu-ray. Kind of want to wait for a scorpio but I don't even think that has a release date.

I bought one. The 4k is nice, and Planet Earth 2 looks amazing. The HDR stuff is really hard to explain to people, but is super noticeable when it isn't there. Just saying "there are more colors" doesn't really work for a lot of people. I was upgrading from a launch Xbox One, though, so between the bigger hard drive, 4k Blu-ray and HDR, and only being out maybe $80 after selling the old one, that justified it for me.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Seems I can snag one used for just north of $200. Are purchased Xbox live store games from my 360 backwards compatible?

Does the bone even have any good exclusives? Maybe Halo or Gears i guess?

Yes, if they're on the backwards compatibility list. They're adding a few every week or so, and there's a pretty good number now. Forza is pretty much the only racing game in town on console, and that's XBox only. Halo 5 added firefight a bit ago. Rare Replay is a good set of everything they've ever made except for Goldeneye and the Donkey Kong games. I liked the campaign in Gears 4, but I didn't play the multiplayer. But, yeah, there aren't a ton of exclusives.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Two Finger, your drivatar in Forza is a monster. I've got it set to the second lowest difficulty, and it's still been kicking my rear end.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Blood on the Sand is absolutely incredible.

Bitch took my skull, yo fifty, hit that bigass ramp.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

orange juche posted:

Did they re-open it to public admission?

They're selling tickets for admission.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm part of the small, weird demographic that they're selling to with the One X. I own a 4K TV, and a PS4 Pro, and a One S, but I don't own a PC. So, in my situation, I'm definitely buying a One X. Forza 7 and Horizon 3 in 4K are worth it to me.

Also, being able to play Crimson Skies again :getin:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

OG Xbox one 1 backwards compatibility. I don't think they mentioned crimson skies specifically

drat that was a good game though

No, that was the one game they specifically mentioned.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm assuming that original XBox backwards compatibility will work with all models. And with games with gold, they'll probably start throwing a bunch of OG Xbox games in that roster.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Christmas time next year, maybe. Launch date is November 7 this year. They just dropped the base price of the One S to $250 though, which fills the "cheap 4K Blu-ray player, emulation box" market out nicely. Sony also dropped the base price for the PS4 to $250, so it really comes down to games versus media if you have to decide between the two.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Isn't this one actually based on the book though instead of loosely adapted?

I think that was the third one. In this one the bugs are on Mars.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They also announced the PUBG is making its console debut on Xbox, so there's that.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Based on the weird poo poo they did when you got smoked out by Hendrix in the last one, I'd say that there's a pretty safe bet that you'll spend some of that game tripping balls.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whoever has an x-box can use it, im good

Thanks. Was in the beta for it and started playing a couple of games that I didn't get to finish before it ended.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Goatschach posted:

it was big rigs

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, please get it right.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Wolfenstein: The New Order is only $10 on XBox right now, so I guess I'm going to play through that again.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Picked up Golf Club 2 if anybody is interested in getting a hilarious 20 over par with me.

What do you have it on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

TBeats posted:

I'm playing mgsv again and I think Boss punching people at the base and it raising their morale is an allegory for how sergeants major see leadership.

Walks on grass, rocket punch flies out of battalion HQ straight into your head.