Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Dude McAwesome posted:

So SMO is worth checking out?

I got a Switch for Christmas and I’ve been really happy with the games for it. Rabbits, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Into the Breach, Super Mario Bros.

I bought a 256GB SD card which is most definitely overkill, but I’ve been downloading games rather than buying cartridges for convenience.

I’d not ever considered buying one, but got it as a gift and it’s a really great system.

If you don't enjoy SMO then you have no soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mustang posted:

Years ago I put 100s of hours in CK2. I'd like to play again but I'm so far behind on DLC and those shits never go on sale.

You're making that sweet sweet officer bank, I don't want to hear it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
The pre-Windows 7 version of Wings Over Vietnam by Third Wire had the A-6, but I don't know if that game will run on a modern system anymore.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Naked Bear posted:

we should just go back to the days of installing from copying code printed in the back of a gaming magazine and hoping you don't make any typos qtiyd

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

EBB posted:

FLCL is what Gainax Studios did after Eva made them all loving depressed and burnt out.

1996-Present?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

M_Gargantua posted:

Why is her right boob so much bigger than her left. She's turned toward the camera but not that much.

She make titties every morning out of paper towels

Brawny

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nintendo went downhill after the snes and is only redeeming itself now with the switch

I disagree. You will never find a finer fishing game than Twilight Princess on the Wii.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bengy81 posted:

Man that switch lite got me really tempted. The switch in our house is technically my daughters since she paid for half of it, so it would be nice to get a second one. I'm pretty sure I would have to rebuy all the digital games though?

It's also handheld only.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mustang posted:

About to go out of town for 2 months, bringing the Switch and I have Breath of the Wild which I have never beaten, currently have a Master Sword save I was working on the last time I went out of town.

Just bought FF12 to play for the first time since it came out on PS2...gently caress, like 12 years ago?

Thinking about buying one of the big name Switch titles like Odyssey, Mario Kart or Smash. Mostly one I can get a lot of single player gameplay out of.

Odyssey is amazing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I learned the trick to defeating blue shells back in Double Dash on GameCube.

The trick is to be so loving far ahead that a blue shell doesn't loving matter.

My friends hated playing with me.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
BIG TITTY ADVENTURE VIII was nowhere as good as IV or VI.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

also hol’ up isn’t the best Chrono Trigger the DS version and after? Didn’t they add a dungeon and a few others cool features?

No, the added dungeon is a miserable slog/fetch quest and the added cutscene to retroactively explain the plot of Chrono Cross makes no sense.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
https://twitter.com/jplur_/status/1179806452334116865?s=21

:honk:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Glory, glory, hallelujah

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Slim Pickens posted:

Now I wanna see ubi rework the house map in rainbow six to mirror groverhaus in time for April fool's

Throw a flashbang against the wrong wall and the whole house collapses

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Fallom posted:

so their approach to reviving a ghost town online game is to ask people to pay more?

bold move

Oh, it's even better.

"Hey, you know those things you asked us to fix and we said it was impossible? Well good news, we fixed them!

For a price."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
https://twitter.com/MiltonTPike1/status/1187389473824350208

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Vasudus posted:

Goddamnit, playing Outer Worlds has got me hankerin' for some Fallout 4 again. I haven't actually played it in more than a year; I was going to fire it up in May but I got distracted.

Not that Outer Worlds is inferior or anything, far from it. But it's a shallow pool given the scale/time/budget constraints and I'm hearing the siren's song of fully modded Fallout.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61329

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sorry but that guy fucks

an anime body pillow

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I've been told that I'm not doing enough to make people aware, so in the spirit of GIP I'm going to wildly overreact and post this same message in all the active threads.

Another run of Useless Dirt shirts is being put together. Deadline to order is 11:59 PM Eastern time tomorrow.

Info is here

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

shame on an IGA posted:

Looked in on the pokemon thread in Games and holy christ people who are into the competitive scene are broken

ftfy

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

You are what's wrong with the world you soulless sack of greed.

Jojamart is what's wrong with the world, but Pierre is a massive sack of poo poo and consigning the world to eternal capitalist slavery is small price to pay to be able to gently caress over Pierre.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

death to pierre

I wish there was a mail order catalog so you could shut down Pierre AND Joja.

Bonus points if you marry Pierre's daughter before you shut him down.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It’d be better if you could just knock her up, and then ghost her/the baby.

I'm currently doing a save game I call Operation Assburger. There's a special cutscene you get if you're at 10 hearts with all the available women (and 10 hearts only unlocks once you're dating).

Then after I see the cutscene I'm gonna see what happens if you marry and divorce all of them. Presumably there's something fundamentally broken about a man who dates six women without telling any of them what he's up to, so I can't imagine marriage would work out for him.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
So. Stardew Valley.

Apparently ConcernedApe doesn't like Pierre either.

Stardew Valley Wiki posted:

After a sufficient relationship is built up, Pierre will confess that he worries that Abigail is not his biological daughter. Later, the Wizard will mention that he has reason to believe one of the townsfolk is his daughter. At one point Caroline will mention that she used to take secret walks to the Wizard’s tower.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Shane is a good dude with a substance abuse issue.

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

I always give Shane trash I catch fishing

Hekk posted:

I am so going to do this from now on.

You guys are monsters.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i just won gettysburg

i managed to catch the entire union force in a pincer and pound the hell out of them with artillery
it was a close run thing - if the iron brigade had held longer and broken the artillery directly ahead of them it would have failed catastrophically, but it worked out and i threw them back into the town itself

:smug:

You do realize that you’ve basically recreated how the first day of the battle progressed in reality, right?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

orange juche posted:

Imagine if it was multiplayer and McNally was playing against two finger

Oh, we've done that.

He loses a lot.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I beat you to it mcnally

:mcnally:

Yeah but nobody noticed so it doesn't count.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

In the Civil War, everyone's a winner!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I think there's a bug.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm still a little hazy on how troops charging across a river and up a hill not only don't get slaughtered but rout the guys they're charging

But hey, I can only assume the Union are giant wimps

Because you were charging a brigade of infantry against skirmishers.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is there much overlap between the game/show? Or just the universe?

I haven't gotten through the games yet, but the show so far seems to have covered the short stories that take place before the beginning of the book series proper, and also covers the beginning of the first book.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bloops posted:

what about the ripping and tearing

what is there to rip and then to tear

Your debt to Tom Nook.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean it is fascinating, and the colonizing. Hell, how many sci-fi stories have Mormon’s colonizing somewhere else. It’s almost literally the opening to the Starship Troopers movie

Didn’t the US Army or National Guard smoke a huge Mormon colony on the West Coast long ago in early America?

I used the line "because nobody likes the Mormons" to finish most of my sentences when I had to write an essay that explained why the Mormons eventually migrated out to Utah for a class a few years ago.

Short version was that they didn't choose to live elsewhere, they just weren't welcome anywhere else.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
In Animal Crossing, a tarantula is worth 9000 bells.

Fun fact: One of the randomly-generated Nook Miles Ticket islands is the Island of Infinitely Spawning Tarantulas.

By the time I'd collected them all, the shop was closed. So I had to store them in my house overnight.

But the most rewarding part was when he gave me my money.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

My Spirit Otter posted:

how long does it take to get poo poo in the mail, how long until dodo air is open and how long until my house is ready? the last two said tomorrow but is that 24 hours or just tomorrow?

It's when you start playing tomorrow.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Icon Of Sin posted:

For all the talk of No Man’s Sky, it just went on sale on Steam and I might pick it up. Down to $30 right now, so half off.

Came here to post this. I just bought it and I'm enjoying it so far.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's honestly not bad. $15/mo and includes live gold services with it, which is $60~/year anyhow, so $10/mo after you cover the regular live services. Basically like buying 3 new games a year, cost-wise. Sure, games will come and go, too, but the variety isn't bad.

I wonder if Cyberpunk is going to release on game pass. Lol. Cyberpunk. Release. Lol.

$15 a month? I pay $5.

Then again I have the PC game pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Picked up Star Wars: Squadrons on the Steam sale and now it's reeeaaaalllly making me want to invest :10bux: in a VR system and HOTAS.

I keep telling myself that TrackIR is good enough.