Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, as it stands, I'm waiting for reviews before I buy it. Tons of little things they need to fix, helicopter and plane controls for one.

Also, I keep hearing The Division is good now. Any truth to that statement?

Just finished updating the game on the PS4 today and so far the first two hours are exactly what I remember from when I tried the game at launch (and returned in the two hour steam window). Just now seems a lot less lower level players to do things with. Guessing most of the changes are for end game content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Godholio posted:

It's worth it just for the larger hard drive. You'll spend more than that $100 if you ever decide that 500GB isn't enough (because it isn't these days).

If you have a PS4 already I don't know that it's worth getting a Pro, but if you're deciding between the two, go with the Pro.

You can get the slim Uncharted bundle for $265 and an 1tb external drive for $56 off Amazon right now. Swap the two hard drives and with the upcoming patch you'll have an extra 500GB w/ Uncharted for $80 cheaper than a Pro.

Can't really speak if the boost and 4k is worth it since I'm using a 19" monitor but price wise it doesn't match up. Even a 2TB SSHD upgrade comes out cheaper.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Blizzard is making a largely eastern-market focused item on an IP franchise that is desperate for new content, announcing it at a primarily western-market focused event. The game itself isn't the problem, it's the fact that Blizzard is so insanely tone deaf to their own audience (or more likely doesn't give a poo poo) that they announced it in the absolute worst way possible. Like that's how I see it anyway, I don't give a poo poo about it either way.

The thing is the game already exists in the eastern-market and the company making it either has rights to use Blizzard's assets already or Blizzard is cool with hiring a company that blatantly stole their IP. I think this announcement was intended for a western-market. Also from reports of people at Blizzcon their was never a line to play the game and it wasn't very fun but that may just be from them being angry going in.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

If you have origin basic ($5/mo) you get 10 hours of free play time. If you have origin premier ($14.99/mo) you get full access to the game now. I sent you a code for a free trial of origin basic in a message that works as well.

The game is incredibly fun but it has some serious bugs that they need to fix.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

I've had two people use the invite but it still says 0/4 redeemed so maybe it is bugged as well. Here's the link for anyone who wants it. Good for 10 hours of playtime.
http://www.origin.com/store/origin-access/refer-a-friend/redeem/SFBwbW45bz0jTSMxMDAwMDAxNzg0Mzgw (there's no benefit for giving somebody an invite so it doesn't matter who you get it from).
It is a 7 day free trial of Origin Basic that has a $5 monthly subscription cost so make sure you cancel it before the 7 days are up.

ded posted:

I already said this before but before anyone gets hopes up ;

BF5 is a reskinned BF1. The buildings are exactly the same, the textures are the same, the gameplay is the same. It is nothing like how BF4 played.

It is definitely a reskin and is even evident with the required specs being identical (and recommended is almost the same) but I don't agree on game play. It's refreshing having a game where I can put a scope on an assault rifle and still be able to hit a target that's 250-300m away.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Vasudus posted:

FO76 has a 43 Metacritic score. It's dead.

Based on everything I've ever seen about publishers, investors, and IP marketing getting a score that low is not only enough to kill the game, it's enough to kill the franchise or possibly even the publisher. Bethesda won't go under because they're still printing money with Skyrim + FO4 poo poo and their roles as publisher for other games, but that's a shockingly bad score that is akin to breaking the glass and hitting the emergency stop button on the factory floor. Heads are absolutely going to roll for this, because there's a high probability investors won't get their promised returns by a large margin.

My prediction is that they'll quietly roll back FO76 as being "the next Fallout" and have it more as a side story, like the Botherhood of Steel games in the 00's or even New Vegas (though obviously, FONV was fantastic but it's still not in the main Fallout canon) and then announce "Fallout 5" in a year or so.

That score was also based off three reviews. I don't expect the game to be good but it's a little early for Doom and gloom. It's at 59 now with 5 reviews with no big sites in yet.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

I really wish I could get into BOTW. I can tell there is an amazing game there and I'll give it another try one day but I just can't get into open world games like that. It held my attention for longer than the 30 minutes into every bethesda game I've gotten at least.

mods changed my name posted:

I'll try the PC trial probably, sounds like a good way to see if its for me. The spotting changes seem nice. Can I stuka poo poo? I hope the evil SJWs havent ruined the series!!

The first big patch is Tuesday which should help with a lot of the issues and game balance. I have around 50 hours played so I definitely got my money out of it but the game does feel like a small developer/beta at times. Co-op missions won't be out until January and Battle Royale until March if you wanted to wait to try the whole experience.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Laranzu posted:

:allears:

Its almost like people enjoy different games.

Game was big, pretty, and so slow it was utterly boring. If I have an hour to play something I want to accomplish more than "walk for 45 minutes then complete a dungeon that doesn't matter" or "collect some seed for a dancing tree person" or "your weapon is broken lol sux2bu".

Exploration games without a really strong narrative story behind them just aren't my poo poo.

Edit:
And since it wasn't my poo poo the blanket recommendation to buy BoTW could be hedged a bit with "it might not be your poo poo"

I'm with you 100%. BOTW is my least played switch game even though I kept giving it tries. It is so different that I don't even consider it a Zelda game and your past enjoyment of the series have no bearing on if you will like this one or not.

I've never been able to get into Minecraft/Fallout/Skyrim games because I enjoy a tight, story focused game. If you have 500 hours in Skyrim just dicking around then definitely give BOTW a try. If you want to play a game for 20 minute intervals and feel like you accomplished something, it probably isn't the game for you.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

A used 1070Ti for under $300 or a new 2060FE for $350. There's no reason to buy a new 10XX series at this point.

Early benchmarks put the two cards at similar levels/2060 slightly ahead.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 13, 2019

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

I picked up a pro controller yesterday but haven't tried it yet.

Be ready to drop $70(pro controller)-$100(official joycons + grip) more for a second controller if you want to play with a friend.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Costco offer fyi:

https://imgur.com/a/AqxnyTs

e: Looks like I have to get an adapter or an extension cord one way or the other, not a big deal. Just would like to know most efficient mechanism.

Just tested it and yes. The 3.5mm jack will take over if they are plugged in while docked.

However the jack is on the console itself and not the controller or the pro. You will need a cable long enough to go from the docking station to you.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 27, 2019

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Is EPIC buying exclusives? I know their cut is only 12% and the launcher may as well come preinstalled at this point.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

You should be able to buy guns you missed from ToW now so you should buy the ZK-383. At level four with the right side of the tree selected the gun turns into a pinpoint accurate laser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Unfortunately that game is Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. I really enjoyed wildlands and I as excited for this one but a little worried when the reveal trailer had a bunch of drones in it and no friendly AI but hey focusing on SERE could be neat! Then E3 gameplay videos showed off drone cars and the drones having enemy levels with health bars and it totally killed all interest I had.