Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Bought Project CARS...again. Steam sale was too good and my PS4 copy doesn't have the DLC.

use these settings

deadzone 2
steering sensitivity 35
throttle & brake deadzone/sensitivity 0/65
speed sensitivity 75
controller filtering 50

controller input method 3
advanced OFF (this is super important)

Now the cars are all tuned OK from the get go but there is one vital setting you need to pay attention to or you'll completely wipe out on every initial turn in. Under the Differential tab in tuning setup, be sure that Limited Slip Preload is somewhere between the 1/3 and middle portion of the bar. If this setting is 0 or at near 0, the cars are an unmitigated mess to handle. Trust me on this. Hell try a car at 0 then move the preload setting to the middle. You'll see a huge difference. If youre finding out a car to be not as nimble as you'd like, lower preload by a notch or two then try again.

for limited slip accel and decel lock, anywhere from 25-50% is good. I keep mine at the middle and adjust as needed per track.

bloops fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Thanks Holly. Does this turn off tilt steering on the steam controller? It's driving me nuts having to keep the controller level all the time.

You'll have to disable that via the steam controller setup while youre in big picture mode.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm still working through Dishonored 2. I like it a lot more than the first one.

Last night I popped in Steep for a bit. Super cool chill game. It's SSX for adults.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

are the battlefield 4 servers still populated?

oh yeah

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Frosted Flake posted:

Just got a tax return, how much should it cost to build a good gaming PC? Do you guys have it connected to a monitor on a desk or run an HDMI to the TV?

600-700 bucks. Do not cheap out on the power supply and motherboard.

I've done both. As of now, my desktop is hooked to a monitor. I use a steam link via ethernet to my tv.

speaking about pc builds, I'm pricing out a mini itx build. All I need is a case, mobo, and cpu cooler. Gonna cannibalize my current pc.

bloops fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 8, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Frosted Flake posted:

That's awesome thanks. Do I need special tools or solder or anything? I grew up with Macs and only ever played on Xbox before now.

A philips head screwdriver really.

And patience

And beer

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Frosted Flake posted:

That's awesome thanks. Do I need special tools or solder or anything? I grew up with Macs and only ever played on Xbox before now.

Oh yeah read the manuals. Some motherboards require ram to be inserted in a slot that isn't #1.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Nintendo Switch reveal is proof positive that the atomic bombs really did a number on Japan as a culture.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Last Guardian is pretty drat excellent. Trick, the cat bird dog, is so animal-like. Doesn't even feel like an AI. Also his noises and grunts scare my cat.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I think so if you've got the money to splurge on it. I've got a 1080p set. Games tend to run and look better.

I would transfer your old PS4 to the pro then trade/sell the old PS4.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Kinda want a Wii U for the zeldas.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dirt 4 was announced this morning. The game will be going back to the Dirt 2/3 theme and will have Dirt Rally's physics modeling as an option.

Phone posting so I can't link the trailer or articles.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I died at the swarm on the airbase so many times until I realized the AA gun was mountable. THat only took one try as I cackled with glee

Wait what

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Of all the dumb poo poo that goes in in video games, this is whatever.

Are the PS4 goons all up in arms over this? I bet there's a lot of welp I saved xx dollars!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That thread is bad for you N4D. Those guys are loving mouth breathers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Games is terrible.

The flight sim and pc racing sim guys tend to be cool. Now with that being said, one sim dude Tony Montana is a broken human being. He vomited out this lengthy screed on how poor car physics made him lose hope. It was sad and hilarious. He's probably going to die alone.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That one dude I mentioned got really pissed at me because I stated that the PSVR has the best chance of making VR mainstream. He made a super rants post where he cited Neuromancer to make his point about something. I don't know.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ordered Resident Evil 4 for the PS4 today. Stoked. Never played it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya I think the PS4 is a port of the wii version.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I'm all about some Ghost Recon. The dudebro cool guy writing and voice acting is awful, though. I wish they stuck with the generic tough guy milspeak of the last Ghost Recon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The fake milspeak is so irritating. Like no games ever get basic aircraft communications right. It's all make believe poo poo. They try for realism but never get close.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
One of the strongest instinctual behaviors ingrained into me was always checking if the mission crew comm knob was pulled before telling some bawdy rear end story.

Navigators liked to catch flight engineers sleeping on poo poo like that. No one needs to share intimate details of a TDY hook up with 15 guys in the back.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok good one

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh yah so I beat The Last Guardian. I think it's a game that's definitely worth your time because the story is quite good and the ending is a helluva punch in the best way.

The controls range from ok to gently caress this I pray for nuclear war and Trico tends to listen alright. There are obvious moments where his AI can get tripped out.

Play the game, use a walk through for the especially annoying puzzles, and enjoy the experience.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
YouTube the ending.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sony is about to release a substantial firmware update to the PS4: custom wallpapers, external hdd support, and a boost mode for PS4 pro owners that lets unpatched games take advantage of the additional power.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
From what I've seen the boost is to take games up to their frame rate caps. So for poo poo like PCARS, it'll be nearer to 60 or at.

Blood borne, and DS3 might run at a full 30!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm pumped for the boost mode PS4 pro feature. I'll finally go back to witches 3 and dark souls 3.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i feel a lot better about trading in my launch ps4 for my pro now

Same. I've seen clips of PCARS and Assetto Corsa.

This is the best reason to get a pro now

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nothing for mgsv?

Mgsv was a locked 60 right from the get go

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who got Nioh

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what is guerrilla engine?

edit: oh yeah and "they" I meant somehow kojima not some dumbass cash in konami poo poo like whatever this new metal gear poo poo is

The ones Guerilla Games created for Horizon Zero Dawn. Those guys are strong tech wise. Killsone Shadowfall would be a visually impressive release had it come out this week and that's a three year old game basically.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I bought Nioh. Finding a hard copy of the game is nearly impossible now. Amazon is sold out, local game stores don't have it. I had to get a copy off of eBay.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For Honor is cool but definitely not a day 1 60 dollar purchase.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I get Nioh tonight. Pumped

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I got For Honor because Titanfall 2 is getting stale since they haven't added poo poo. So much for that "free DLC" model.

It's $70 at Target for the gold edition. I'm just not using the code and got it so it's easier to flip in a week when I get sick of it.

Nice to try something new, anyways. I've never played any of the dark souls or Bloodborne games so the combat is new to me

For Honor plays nothing like the Souls games short of the very broad strokes of heavy/light attack and weapon similarity.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd say Dark Souls 3 is a lot easier than DS2 SotS

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

what was your first souls game?

ds2

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Put a little bit of time into Nioh tonight -- it's really loving fun. Dark Souls 2 with a larger emphasis on cool fast fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Third World Reggin posted:

Have you gotten to the clan joining yet?

I haven't. Still working on the proper first boss as I am bad at these games.

edit: lol I am so dumb. Once I equipped proper armor and used ki drain items on the duee I killed him in like 3 minutes.

bloops fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 18, 2017