Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Steam: Pesticide20, rolling as Abu Hajaar
Origin: Pesticide19
PSN: LeatherDaddy69 - I don't actually play many games on PS4, I mostly have it for my girlfriend and I to play the lego games together
Uplay: Abu_Hajaar
battle.net: Chernobog#1801

I've mostly been playing BF1 lately, but I've been trying to get back into Elite Dangerous. Overwatch every now and then, occasionally poo poo like L4D2 with crazy mods, HOI4, Stellaris, Dirt Rally, and a bunch of other games.

http://steamleft.com/span/76561197983453858

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deathy McDeath posted:

Is anyone in the market for a new gonzo monitor? I just picked up a new Acer Predator x34 and I'm looking to sell off my Dell U3415W. It's about a year old and in flawless condition, with the original box and everything. PM me and we can discuss price and shipping and such.

I will draw a dick for you for that monitor

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
N4I getting back into Elite and joining the Diamond Frogs is a lot of fun. I can understand somewhat how you've been able to keep space trucking now. I'm not looking forward to this engineer grind, though, but I hear it's better with the latest patch.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

Can we do a group thing ( :getin: ) in Elite one of these days? I bet HDI would get in on that poo poo. I don't know what I'm doing well enough to do anything on my own besides fly around and run out of fuel en route to a star to scoop.

I'm down for that. I feel like I'm in the same boat. I have a Fer-de-Lance right now but I feel like it's half as good as it could be with engineer mods.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm currently out in the Xihe system myself

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LostCosmonaut posted:

Don't worry if you can't beat the advanced combat one, though, it's hard as poo poo.

I'm LostCosmonaut in game, hit me up.

Going to finish watching the new Grand Tour and then I'll be on

e: Pesticide23 because I'm terrible with names

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 13, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Elite dangerous on which platform? I bought it for steam but can't loving control anything

I'm on PC and so are LostCosmonaut and N4I. A HOTAS controller really helps with the feeling of ~*~immersion~*~ but it isn't necessary, as the game is playable with a gamepad. Definitely be sure to do the tutorials and look through the controls because there's a bit of a learning curve.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Anybody want to wing up in E:D and shoot mans?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Is the overall grind easier now?

Yes. I stopped playing pre-Engineers and picked it back up and it is markedly improved now. It's even better if you play with the goon group from PGS

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Engineers introduced planet surfaces, right? I think I jumped in for about five minutes just to check that out, haven't checked out the other changes yet, I guess.

Engineers introduced literal engineers that will modify parts of your ship if you complete really grindy quests for them.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I don't know a soul, myself included, that actually played their Wii after the novelty of the Wiimote wore off. Unless you have small children, in which case whatever.

Like seriously, how many of you that owned one actually used it past two weeks?

Yo. I enjoyed the gently caress out of Mario Kart, new Mario Bros., and Smash Bros.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CommieGIR posted:

I really, realllllyyy, hated the Gymkhana poo poo in Dirt 3

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My gf and I have a PS4 Pro. She uses it to play the LEGO Harry Potter games. I join her sometimes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There was that time my TC was talking to the guys in our truck about how we totally smashed up some Afghan vendors stalls and peaced the gently caress out without reporting it to higher. Then my PSG in another truck let us know over the platoon net that my TC had been saying that stuff over the battalion net and everyone heard us.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Ghost recon wildlands is very fun with pals.

There's not a lot to the beta, but there's definitely promise. I had a blast loving around with some friends for a couple hours.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm honestly kind of sick of shooters in general. Doom was good but I think that and Titanfall 2 were the only shooters I played through to completion in the last year.

Really don't give a gently caress about COD OORAH DEVIL DAWGS military poo poo either

BF1 was fun for a few days but I was mostly doing solo drops with randoms and that is hard for me to stay invested in

HCT are you playing on PC or console?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
drat. It would've been fun to play BF1 with you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FastestGunAlive posted:

If you're still bothering with medals at this point then I dunno what to tell you. I haven't touched them since week three or four. Apparently there are some that require things as stupid as, say, spot assist kills, but squad spot assist kills don't count.

When I had the realization in week two that squad assist didn't count for assist and vice versa I completely stopped working for any medals because that's just a terrible system. Plus the experience boost doesn't really help with anything at all.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Buca di Bepis posted:

Seemed to suck dog dick but I just played 30 minutes and turned it off. It's like a lovely Chivalry. Who puts out a peer-to-peer online game in 2017?

That was my experience as well

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

I hope they fixed the vehicle controls because they were janky as gently caress.

The janky vehicle controls and wonky driving and flying physics were honestly what led to the most fun for me and my friends while we played the closed beta.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

wildlands beta trip report: the servers are down. installation was smooth enough i guess? unskippable intro vid of some nerd welcoming me to the game was bad tho

They had that video in the closed beta, too. Fuckers.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bolow posted:

http://isnapi.azurewebsites.net/

Friend linked this and the 3rd name it generated was The Bungalow of Inflammation

N4I will probably stick to Revelation Space for his naming conventions

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I watched it a couple weeks ago but nothing beats the border crossing scene for sheer tension in a film. The whole convoy sequence reminded me of doing route clearance and finding an IED on the way back through and waiting to get attacked.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

Played Ghostlands with my dad and brother lastnight. Listening to my brother scream "Goddam it why aren't there rudder controls ont his loving airplane" and "What the poo poo is going on with this helicopter" was pretty great

My three biggest complaints are:

Lack of rudder control
Can't have two people on a dirt bike
No car horns

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah the planes really need rudders. I have figured out the secret to helicopters though. There's an internal flag that switches you between flight and hover modes that flips when you gain enough forward momentum. So the helicopter flies like dog poo poo until you get into flight mode, which sucks since I use choppers to escape hot zones so frequently.

Rudder would be so helpful though, because it's poo poo trying to maneuver and pick up your buddies from the side of a mountain without rudder control.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Who is playing Ghost Recon on PC?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

new dream game of the moment is a Rambo game, taking place when he is still a green beret in 'nam, voiced by stallone, and in either the HZD or MGS5 engine

You've basically described the way I play GRW

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Knife this is Variable, over

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I can't hear the Cobra's gun firing while I'm flying. :sad:

Be sure to check out the "Death Road". It's a blast riding a dirt bike at full speed along that road while some rear end in a top hat Unidad helicopter chases and shoots at you.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yo it took my friends and me way too long to start doing complex attacks with SVBIEDs.

It is the motherfucking best.

Game of the year. Will remember to record footage next time we play.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

But does it work?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to hold off on it until some hardware revisions I think.

Lmao you mean you'll by their next console, the Switch-U

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's a line in Ghost Recon about drinking at Sharky's in Fayetteville. It made me laugh.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I did loving everything :argh:

When was the last time you went outside?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

back to the nintendo talk, but they're doing a good job with the mobile front

fire emblem heroes is a free to play advanced wars on my phone and i play a shitload of it

When is Mario Run coming to Android?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

i would say what a bizarre argument, but then i realize its coming from a marketing guy ;)

You have to know how to read his posts

cowboy elvis posted:

Agreed. The whole "BAD FOR CONSUMERS!!" stance is irritating as hell to me. Reddit loves jumping to the argument that developers are lazy and hate people who buy their games. Bizarre entitlement if shot isn't working perfectly day 1.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I'm still playing Ghost Recon.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Are you saying that the new Zelda game is just a link to the past?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

that moment when you beat a duo boss by yourself after using all your healing and youre all pumped about how cool you are, then it powers up to its next form :negative: