Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:laffo: This seems like Blizzard is basically giving the gently caress up and just going FINE and giving fans what they wanted ever since SC2 came out: a Better looking SC with NOTHING DIFFERENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

No doubt they are going to make a bajillion dollars from it. I'd sell out in a heartbeat. It's just funny that they are finally giving in and just doing what people have wanted for decades.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I don't even think I know anyone that does the MP. I guess some people like collecting the skulls or whatever?

Wait, there's a multiplayer?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I think it's finally time to replace my 6 year old i5- 2500k.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Play Wolfenstein The New Order
Then play The Old Blood

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I have an i5 2500k @ 3.7ghz and 8GB of RAM, to go along with a 120GB SSD that I bought on a black friday sale in uh...2011?

Same here, but 16gb of ram. When I originally built it it had a 560ti, then I upgraded to a 770 I am still trying to make run the new stuff. Finally starting to have to play poo poo on low.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Do you have a MicroCenter or a Fry's near you? Pre-built PCs aren't getting hit with the crypto tax, and you can get one with a 1080 for the price of the card alone. Use it as a starting point for your own build, or rip out the card for your machine and build a media center with the husk.

Example with a 1070 near me:

MicroCenter

Newegg

Carteret fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 14, 2018

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

loving hell

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Vasudus posted:

kind of? i don't know much about design but it sounds really cool and seems like they put in a lot of effort to make the voices all work

there's subtitles always on and textboxes so it seems to be a really clever way to avoid VA fees while retaining the ability to change the text without needing a re-recording

Whats this poo poo called, there are a billion 40k games now and I don't want to choose poorly.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Buy Dead Cells

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Atlantic here

Don’t want to admit how many power hours I grinded every night trying to GM taming. Though that came way after

Factions were so fun

*running noise*
"Vas Flam"
"Corp Por"

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

Carteret fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 13, 2019

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Vendor Buy Bank Guards

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

Y’all should just work for UPS or something.

I do. Don't.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

You can pickup Control on the Epic Game Store for just over $30 if you never got around to picking it up. Sale Price gets you down to $40, and at checkout you automatically get a $10 promo applied.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Tribalism. Some of us are coming together while others are willing to kill us all because we aren't on their team and are therefore wrong.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit: Is this famed "title card" point after The Heist? I'm five hours into this game, have done a couple of side quests, started the Heist now, and I haven't reached it yet.

Yeah. the game doesn't really start until like, 30-45 min after the titlecard. I have 8-ish hours played and just now started the "main" plot.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I went and bought this one tonight from my local Microcenter. Thanks a ton.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I got stardew on a steam sale or a giveaway or something years ago and haven't played a minute of it. I think i might give it a shot...

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

its literally just missing the BUY HERE PAY HERE NO CREDIT NO PROBLEM in flashing lights

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Death Stranding looks like what Kojima thinks America looks like.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Odyssey is really good. I'm playing the new 3D World remake since I never had a WiiU and it's fun so far.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

it worked for me the first time i saw the post

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I never broke a controller as a kid because I was deathly afraid that they were expensive and my parents wouldn't replace it, or take away all my games

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It'll run anything on your PC. The demo reel was running Factorio.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My 1080 is starting to get that Nvidia specific BSOD/weird space invader artifact crash, and I'm dreading having to pull the trigger on a new GPU at one of the worst possible times in recent memory.

Is it still cheaper to buy a prebuit and strip the components?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If you want a 30 series NVidia and don't want to pay double MSRP your only option is a prebuit from a builder or winning the Microcenter lottery. $1200 will get you a 3070 (if it's in stock), or you can pay $1800 and get an entire PC.

Edit: Cole, make sure you are getting an m.2 SSD and at least 16gig of ram. 32 if you like to multitask with multiple chrome tabs up on another monitor while gaming. Shouldn't be significantly more $$

Carteret fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 1, 2021

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I played BF 1 and V and they didn't hold my attention as much as 4. How's 2042?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

levelutions used to crash the game?

for a period of time, yeah. I remember the massive antenna tower doing it, notably

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If you're hunting a Series X, there are halo special editions available right now on the microsoft store for $550. Only thing they have at the moment.

Forza Horizon 5 is nice and pretty.

It's gone already.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313729188770

if you spend $25 you can get all the amiibos that give cool stuff for BOTW, poo poo like the fierce deity armor from majoras mask and the wolf from twilight princess who acts as an ally killing with you

Thanks for this, I got them for $17 shipped

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

I played it for maybe an hour or so but the spreading-decay hand/arm and permanently losing mechanic made me not want to invest more time in it and end up totally screwed.

Thats a bummer because the developers straight up lied to you and this actually cannot happen to you in game.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/hellblade-senuas-sacrifice/hellblade-permadeath-bluff

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

GD_American posted:

Hardspace: Shipbreaker leaving early access in May. Complete reset, has full campaign now.

This is amazing to hear. I've been wanting to jump back into it but this seals the deal

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I played it when it first hit Early Access and the only plot was "lol crushing debt you'll be working forever even death won't release you" so the fact that they put a storyline on top of it is :discourse:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lol man people's brains are just poisoned

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Am I right in assuming that on some ships, you have literally no choice but to explosively decompress? I've hit a few hulls now that have had either a) busted air handlers or b) full pressurized secondary compartments with no clear way to access. Am I supposed to just clean up the interior as best as I can and pop the can open? Any tips on not taking randomly exploding poo poo to the dome?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The weird story going on in the background of Power Wash Simulator really goes places

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Less a plot, more just humorous nonsense in text messages and graffiti. The tagging on the side of the forest cottage is mildly amusing.

Lol you'll see

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I loving TOLD YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Hi-Fi Rush is free on XBox Game Pass and its a loving hoot so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GlkDcf006I

Rhythm Action game, with music from actual swear to god artists like Nine Inch Nails, The Black Keys, and Prodigy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

playing yakuza inshin and it fuckin rules