Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've only played Dark Souls on PC so playing Bloodborne on PS4 and having such a huge drop in performance pretty much made me not want to play it.

A lot of modern console games look/run like garbage compared to PC games, more so than they seemed in the past anyway. But I didn't really have a good gaming PC until the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

How the gently caress do you guys beat Witcher 3? I feel like I've put a poo poo ton of hours into this game and I still have a ton of poo poo left to do without even touching the DLC.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The only reason I gave up on Bloodborne within like 30 mins is because it runs like garbage, don't know how anyone got through that poo poo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm playing through Pillars of Eternity right now and it loving owns. Probably going to play through Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 enhanced afterward, and maybe Icewind Dale enhanced.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I was a kid when Baldurs Gate came out and that game kicked my rear end so loving hard but somehow I brute forced my way through it.

This is like my third time starting PoE and I made a cipher this time and it finally clicked. Tyranny looks cool as well. I liked Planescape Torment and apparently there's a sequel or something now?

Divinity Original Sin seems kind of like the old infinity engine games as well but I've never played it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Mass Effect is my favorite video game series and I would buy it day 1 but I'll be in the middle of a Yakima rotation when it comes out. So I'll play it for like a week and a half once we get back until we go out for an additional 2 weeks at Yakima.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Naked Bear posted:

Say it with me: "I love JABLAM thiiiiis much!"

I do love it here but basically living in YTC for 2 months straight is pretty lame I have to admit

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I've thoroughly enjoyed every Bethesda game and they're definitely the best at making an interesting, fun world to explore. The quests/story in FNV were great and definitely way above anything Bethesda has done but the Mojave itself wasn't all that interesting to explore.

I'd like a Elder Scrolls/Fallout game with the world created by Bethesda and the story written by Obsidian.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Right now I'm playing through Pillars of Eternity which is pretty fun. Next I'm either going to play BG1/2 or Divinity Original Sin. If I beat POE before going to Yakima anyway. I"m seriously spending almost the entirety of March and April in Yakima. Probably going to play Mass Effect Andromeda when I get back.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Bolow posted:

http://isnapi.azurewebsites.net/

Friend linked this and the 3rd name it generated was The Bungalow of Inflammation

This gave me "The Untouched Breast" and "The Pursuit of the Friendly Breast"

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Horizon Zero Dawn loving owns, it's too bad I leave for Yakima this week....

Looks and runs amazing, world is huge

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

As soon as I get back from Yakima I'm going to finish Horizon Zero Dawn, that game owned the little I played of it

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I just started playing Andromeda a few days ago and I'm having fun with it so far

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

So I've been playing the new Mass Effect and really not seeing why so many people lost their poo poo about how bad it is, I'm having fun with it

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I've been a Mass Effect fan since the first game, easily my favorite series because I'm a space nerd and there's not really many games like it

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Combat reminds me of the first game only biotic powers aren't ridiculously overpowered

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The nomad reminds me of a Stryker since you have to put it in all wheel drive whenever you want to go up steep hills

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I just spent a month saying "put it in 8x8" climbing up mountains in yakima, now 6x6 for the nomad

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Nope haven't tried multiplayer yet

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I used to make fun of the fact that Lewis North Fort is furnished with $500 chairs (according to the base supply catalogue anyway) but honestly they're comfortable as gently caress to sit in

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

According to games every game is the worst game ever

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

I'd be down for another Brothers In Arms game. Full Spectrum Warrior too.

I had completely forgotten about Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway for 360, that game was fun as hell

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Despite the fact that I loving love Witcher 3, after 2 years I'm just now getting to Blood and Wine. God drat this game is beautiful, and great writing as well

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

am I crazy for wanting to buy a switch to play the new Zelda game? I don't even know any other Switch games

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I've only ever played through BG1 as well, have the disc version of BG2 but I never beat it. I beat POE and wanted to play through both BG's afterward but I went to Yakima for a month immediately afterward and that never happened.

I've never beaten Torment either despite owning that as well. Kind of hard to go back to the old infinity engine games after POE just because POE has some more modern quality of life aspects to it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Bought a used wii u to play the new zelda, not at all disappointed, game owns

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The new Zelda game is going up there with Witcher 3 for best games of all time, they seriously knocked it out of the park with this one

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Two Finger posted:

in other news since pillars of eternity somehow ate my save even in this age of steam cloud saves, i started playing tyranny

it owns bones like gently caress, particularly since you can respond to probably half the interactions with [glares silently]

bronze age judge dredd basically

PoE owns and I can't wait for the second one to come out. I'd buy Tyranny but I don't really want to spend $45 on it when I heard it's not as good as PoE or made by the same team.

I'd like to play another game like PoE but I haven't played any Infinity Engine games in over 10 years and when I tried to recently I could definitely tell the games hadn't aged as well as I thought they had.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Anyone else play total war warhammer? First time I've played it in like a year, I like the changes/additional factions. Can't wait for the second.

Pretty much since Rome 1 the total war series has been one of those games where I keep clicking next turn and when I look at the clock hours have passed

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played, can't wait for the second one. Joel is a bad mother fucker

I love brutally murdering someone and Ellies like "Holy poo poo Joel!!!"

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

You're making me want to play through TLOU again and I've already played through it twice

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I have Shadow of War, the microtransaction poo poo is entirely avoidable, I don't even see the point since you can get good gear just from playing the game. There's basically 2 ways to buy poo poo in the market: with currency you get from just playing the game and from currency you spend real money on.

I've always had more than enough of the ingame currency. I don't bother spending it anyway since the poo poo I get from drops works just fine.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Assassins Creed Origins wins, map looks loving huge too

Looks great on PS4 pro

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Yeah the environment is gorgeous and runs great on PS4. Definitely reminds me a bit of Witcher 3 in some regards. Very different combat from previous Assassins Creeds.

Bayek is also a pretty cool main character, up there with Ezio.

Alexandria is impressive as gently caress, I just got here. This has to be the largest rear end Creed world by far

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Check out Assassins Creed Origins, similar, even has loot. I’m enjoying it more than Shadow of War.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Anyone else hooked on Assassins Creed Origins? I️ think it’s game of the year for me, by far best Assassins Creed open world map

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Rude.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The first one is good but may seem a little outdated.

The second one sucks.

Inquisition has a lot of areas to go to but quite a few side quests are just fetch quests and pretty forgettable. Nonetheless I had a lot of fun with Inquisition.

You also don't need to play them in order so I would say play Inquisition. Definitely skip 2 though.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Maybe I’m just bad at vehicle ID but I’m replaying MGS V and I swear that the armored vehicle in the intro looks a lot like a MGS Stryker which doesn’t make any sense.

The guard rails on the sides of the front slope, side view mirrors, eight wheels, and the storage compartment for snow chains between the second and third tires looks pretty similar to a Stryker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I was thinking it might be one of those as well but after looking them up it has way more in common with an MGS, just the turret is a bit off and the rear is as well.

I think someone was definitely looking at a Stryker when they modeled it.