Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Naked Bear posted:

lol who let Mark Sanchez on the field?

He's so loving bad. I thought for sure Romo would at least finish the half after he came out and just crushed that drive like he never missed a snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Steelers are skull-loving the Dolphins on national TV right now.

This is a snuff film kindof like that 59-0 pats/titans game a few years ago.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wish the NFL had the same ejection rule for penalties like that as college ball.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gently caress the giants

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:fork:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gently caress Bama

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

That was basically me after GB whooped the Giants. :sigh:

Help me, Aaron Rogers; you're my only hope.

I'm pulling for the Falcons to win it all, personally.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I rather dislike both the steelers and the pats but in the case of rapist vs cheaters I'm saying go cheaters.

Also Mike Tomlin is a giant cheater and tried to trip a player that was en route to a touchdown.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Helldump Immunity posted:

Really hoping ATL wins it all.

Same. gently caress the steelers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLBPHU4bPAA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In case you guys haven't kept up, yesterday the Texans traded Brock Osweiller, a 2nd, and a 6th round pick to the Browns in exchange for taking his salary off their books and a 4th round comp pick. The browns have 109m in cap space and have to spend money to hit the salary floor, so this helps them. They were planning on cutting him immediately, but have received possible trade offers. Cleveland is going to get even more picks for him before all is said and done, but they have zero interest in him actually playing.

As a result of this trade, both the Texans and Browns vegas odds for winning the super bowl went up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:rip: :romo:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It looks like Mayweather/McGregor is actually going to happen. A few weeks ago the UFC said everything is done on their end and with Conor and only Floyd needs to sign. Conor just said that he has a big announcement soon. Mayweather productions just today booked Madison Square Garden for August 26th.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

no way mcgregor wins

if the earlier reports are true its going to be boxing in a ring which means the man that once got summarily outstruck and effectively knocked out by Nathan Diaz will be backed into a corner and put to sleep.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

IT IS OFFICIAL

https://sports.yahoo.com/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-finalized-aug-26-205101486.html

McGregor is gonna get his rear end whooped.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you didn't watch, here's highlights of the pats getting stomped last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hYFmW18oNA

Also aggy nation continues to be horrible

https://twitter.com/courshel/status/905942396831191040/photo/1

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its to some country club in houston.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In case you didn't watch the TNF shitshow, it ended on a great note:

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/908533248258650112

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Browns front office is trying to blame the bengals saying they sent signed paperwork to them to submit to the NFL and they submitted papers signed only by the bengals, but i choose to believe the celebration reason because this is the same moron front office that was going to trade a 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron.

Also this is proof positive Kaep is being blackballed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I doubt this video lasts for long but i think it's safe to say Francis Ngannou is the baddest loving man on the planet. He's a guy Brock Lesnar's size (cuts weight to make 265) that hits so loving hard Overeem's skull entered orbit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL69ZGH5F7U

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Cutting to make 265 :stare:

Must feel like getting hit by a freight train

The only people who cut weight to hit the limit are Lesnar, Ngannou, really fat guys that would weigh 220ish if they actually dieted, and Mark Hunt.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Same but i want jags to just skullfuck them. Nothing personal but i’m on the fatcat bandwagon for at least a week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean, gently caress the steelers. This is like rule #1 in my book. Jags just flat wore them out today and it was magnificent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rick Scott took time away from his climate change denial (as his state faces record cold weather and high tides) to declare that the UCF Knights are the true NCAA Football national champions by official pronouncement.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m just not watching the superbowl this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Maybe go broader and say any athletic championship ? Did Michael Jordan start in his short baseball career?

In the minors, yeah. He never made it to the show iirc.

I think Deion may be the person you want.

Edit, yeah sanders started in both pro baseball and football. He and Bo are pretty much the only ones of note.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 19, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tebow’s successes were really in spite of not because of him. Drew Henson was a MLB ball player that was Jerry Jones’ wet dream of a QB but was just another piece of hot garbage between Aikman and Romo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BigDave posted:

I thought Jordan started playing baseball because of a hush-hush gambling suspension from the NBA.

pretty much

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jim Thorpe probably did it.

Thorpe lived and played in a different time, but he was certainly a beast himself. He never played in a championship game in the proto-nfl league he played for (no playoffs that I could find), and the teams he played for all had losing records. He did medal twice at the olympics and played professional baseball, football, and basketball so the dude was a stud.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jason Witten is retiring.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yo, what was that ranking / cup where SEC (or all NCAA?) teams were scored on the off-season crimes of their players again?

Fulmer cup is what it used to be called. Not sure if it still is. Every day should be saturday blog is the one that tracks it, iirc. There should be a companion thread in TFF.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don’t know if anyone in here gives a gently caress about mma but chael sonnen is going to fight fedor after they beat rampage and frank mir respectively.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In NFL news, Matt Patricia was indicted by a grand jury along with a buddy for raping a gal on spring break. The victim refused to testify so the charges eventually were dropped. No one on the Patriots or Lions knew about his indictment and arrest.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The indictment came from a grand jury. There was more than enough evidence to issue the arrest warrant for the 21 and 22 year old football players and to hold both on a $20k bond. Both players make bail and suddenly the victim says she doesn’t want to talk because of the difficulty of retelling the story in public and to get attacked on the stand.

These facts don’t make him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, so charges are dropped. Based upon Patricia’s statements about the event and everything I know about how sexual assault is prosecuted/defended (especially in the 90s), I lean heavily on the side of the victim here. Patricia and partner more likely than not raped that gal and a bagman got them out of jail and paid her off/intimidated the victim into silence.

At the very least this would pop up during any routine background check. This shows that neither the pats nor the lions are conducting any background checks as both orgs deny that they had any knowledge of the arrest and incident.

I would give Patricia more credit if he came out and admitted that he and a drunk buddy did something stupid and showed some contrition.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 11, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Naked Bear posted:

Kam Chancellor has retired. :sigh:

e: hasn't retired, but will at some point because he is not fit to play.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1013569909425569792

He's medically retired, in that he's permanently unfit to play so he still gets paid whereas if he had actually retired, his contract would have been suspended.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EBB posted:

Obvious strike called a ball?

Ball goes dead center over the plate and the dude fully swings. Not only does the ump call it a ball, the first base ump says there was no swing. Someone got loving hosed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bills so bad they caused a guy to retire at halftime.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you're not watching the game right now you just missed Chris Conte get stiffarmed harder than anyone I've seen in years. Literally tossed to the side like a pest.

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Fitzpatrick gifted the Steelers a W last night, allowing this dumpster fire train wreck to simmer before it comes to full boil for another week.

Only one int was actually his fault. Bucs receivers couldn’t catch poo poo last night and their defense was hot loving garbage.

I’m not saying Fitz is the best QB out there, but he got zero protection for half the game and had almost no defensive support to speak of at all.