Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DivisionPost posted:

Holy loving poo poo, tonight's Sweet/Vicious.

The show just keeps getting better.

The only problem with the show is that it's on MTV and no one pays attention to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DivisionPost posted:

I was one of the first ones to tell you fuckers about Person of Interest and BoJack Horseman. God as my witness, I will drag you all kicking and screaming into this show if I have to.

EDIT: Considering so many of you praised Jessica Jones for how it handled PTSD and feminist issues, I KNOW this could be your poo poo. I'm not going to deny that it looks like it was made for pocket change but god drat do they come out strong on every other front.

It's a great show, maybe the best superhero show being made right now.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DivisionPost posted:

Come to think of it, that might be an issue. The third episode kind of remedies that through one of its plot twists, and aside from the love interest you've still got Sam from You're the Worst, as well as the campus cop, who's playing a bigger role in the story as of episode 5. Still, the fact that I can't come up with any character names on the fly might give you some agita.

It might be an issue, Ophila is shown having sexual relationships that aren't forced but yeah

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Taboo is a good show with like 20 minutes of atmosphere shots that could be cut out of it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Shageletic posted:

Really, really, really did not like it ended.

I mean serious, how much sexual abuse can happen in one peaceful hamlet.

Yes, entire communities can be riven by it, but at the end it felt exploitative.

did someone miss the last couple of decades of Catholic Church news?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mu Zeta posted:

I like Sweet Vicious a lot despite it swinging wildly between dumb action and poignant personal moments. Man just 10 years ago MTV used to censor the word "hash" but now characters openly smoke bongs on MTV shows.

More people would watch this if it wasn't on MTV, it's great

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The Mick is a great show despite Fox screwing with its run order.

SHIELD was a pretty crappy show till they decided to upended the apple cart, since then it's been pretty ballsy

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

IRQ posted:

And the most infuriating thing is that they had a perfectly servicable ending all ready to go but decided to go with the bizarre notion that the last 9 years of the show were about him asking his kids if it was ok to bone his ex.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/alternate-how-i-met-your-mother-ending-leaks-20140906

If that was the real ending the show would still be worth watching.

Also the gold standard for a show with a lovely ending is BSG

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I didn't want to go back and find the Big Brother thread but to those that care Big Brother Canada has a bunch of guys talking about how sexy they are against someone whose a legitimate pro-athelete and I find it funny

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

muscles like this! posted:

Good news as Netflix has renewed The Santa Clarita Diet.

Very good news

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The dumbest thing about the Bastard Excutionaer is a tiny village in Wales had a black family in it and no one in the castle knew about it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Timby posted:

My Law & Order legacy thread was archived, so I guess I have to make a new one, but for anything following along, despite declining ratings and Hargitay getting more expensive every season, SVU was renewed for a 19th season -- meaning it's now just two additional seasons away from breaking the Gunsmoke record that Dick Wolf is so desperate to get. (The original show was originally promised a 21st season but was canceled while the season 20 finale was filming.)

Edit: However, they're in search of yet another executive producer, as Rick Eid, who took over this season, is getting shifted to Chicago PD.

How mad is Wolf that the Simpsons keep going and going getting the record he wants farther away every year.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DC Murderverse posted:

i know it's for charity but watching people who are clearly not athletic (comedians, actresses) do Ninja Warrior is really not entertaining.

Seriously, just get to the dancer, olympian, and Salmon Ladder Grandmasters.

edit: Kacy Catanzaro and Stephen Amell would have the most attractive, athletic children in the world

Stephen Amell seemed pretty good at it. If it wasn't for charity I'm sure he could have done it.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Girlboss was meant to be a big hit show right up till it came out the person it's based on is horrible

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mu Zeta posted:

Isn't she supposed to be like a female Walter White or something? He isn't a good guy either.

But she's real and currently getting sued for labour violations

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Wheat Loaf posted:

There is one already.

The ITV has a new adaptation of Maigret starring Rowan Atkinson which I enjoy. It does two episodes a year, but they're an hour and a half each.

(There have been previous adaptations of Maigret, of course, including one from the 1960s and one from the early 90s starring Michael Gambon which is quite well-regarded.)

How did I not know this existed

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
If Myers really wanted to make another Wayne's World or Powers he'd trade it for a Shrek

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Black Bolt is fine but he needs his gimp suit.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Guy Mann posted:

I know TVIV has a history with being infatuated with new genre shows but I feel like in the span of a few days Wynnona Earp going from a show nobody had heard of to a show multiple people are recommending as a shining example of modern television over stone-cold classics like The Sopranos and Breaking Bad has to be some kind of record.

Both the Sopranos and Breaking Bad aren't for everyone.

They are great shows but slow as poo poo burns.

Earp also has a poo poo ton of critical buzz among the major tv writers.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mu Zeta posted:

Spielberg/Hanks are trying again with The Mighty Eighth about WW2 bombers. They learned their lesson and the show will be about one group of people only.

Why not straight up do a Battle of Britain show instead.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Calaveron posted:

Man so none of these people ever dated any black characters huh
I mean it makes sense for Ted I guess but Robin and Barney could've met more ethnically diverse people in New York

EDIT: No you know what it doesn't make sense for Ted either because so many times he prefaced meeting a girl by saying that that wasn't the mother or would only lead to eventually meeting the mother so come on tv show

I'm pretty sure Barney slept with Black women, and Ted dated one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Sweet/Vicious is a very good show with lots of banter but it's in no way light. Stay away if you want something like Riverdale.

• Locked thread