Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Personally, I think you're fine skipping a lot of season 1 of PoI. It's so procedural that I jumped in somewhere around the end of Season 1 and never felt like I missed anything. There's a few connections and bits of backstory, so go ahead and watch the few with big serial plot points, but if it's boring you I'd go ahead and skip around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

precision posted:

Plenty of Catholics admit that the Catholic church is full of pedophiles and coverups though, for example. All Scientologists are forced/required to deny that anything has ever been done wrong in the CoS.

A lot of them genuinely assume that it's lies or misunderstandings. Plus the rank and file have their media heavily censored, so they may not even know.

To add to what was posted above, the ex-Scientologist on Oh No Ross and Carrie was essentially sentenced to a few years in Scientology Jail for cheating on his wife. If I remember right, he dutifully checked into a shabby dorm room every day for a few months to think about what he'd done, until a few days into the protests when he suddenly realized "Wait...they're right, this is all bullshit, I can just leave."

That's the mindset of the average person in the group. It's brainwashing, they just go along with the flow until something in them clicks and it falls apart.

Also, at least from what Ross and Carrie found from their investigation, most of the lower levels of Scientology are basically filled with the same people who'd be deep in a pyramid scheme, if an MLM person found them first.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Stuck watching Seal Team right now, it opens with the limpest low-tension firefight I think I've seen. Bad even for CBS.

• Locked thread