Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.

Mu Zeta posted:

Megyn Kelly is joining NBC News. This is so weird.

Time to start writing my Keldow fan-fiction:

quote:

Rachel Maddow and Megyn Kelly are two political talk show firebrands, powerful women in a man's world. One a Conservative, a devout Catholic, a wife to her husband of eight years, Douglas, and a mother to their three children; the other a Liberal, irreligious (despite her catholic upbringing), living in a stable relationship of nearly two decades with her partner, Susan.

They can't see eye to eye on anything it seems, at least not until Megyn's first NBCNews New Years party, where they finally discover one thing they can agree on, their impossible budding attraction to one another.

Its the Draco/Harry for the modern era!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Anyone watch Queen Sugar? I think it aired on Oprah's channel.

The first episode's atmosphere reminds me of Rectify.

JUICY HAMBUGAR fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 6, 2017

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Netflix has the remake of One Day at a Time that just released. Its a multicam so all the cons of that come with that territory, but its better than network multicams, super feminist and has EGOT club Rita Moreno as the abuelita.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Nobody in Canada watched Mary Kills People or Cardinal last week? Both got good reviews pre-premiere. Especially interested in MKP as it stars one of my eternal crushes in Caroline Dhavernas.

Thanks for the Mary Kills People rec, love the Dhavernas too.

Just finished the pilot.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently Paul Feig is trying to drum up interest in a second season of Other Space, his sci-fi comedy series that was on the terrible Yahoo Screen service.

All right, all right, all right.

You, me and the bay at Monterey.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

I tried to watch Scandal just now, but it can't keep up with reality.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Yep, if I ever need a good cry I just throw on The Body.

Through if you come into it for the first time though without any Buffy knowledge Anya's breakdown seems a little strange.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

One of the few to be killed on screen by an alien, a predator and a terminator.

Game over man!

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

I'm really liking that new netflix show, 13 Reasons Why. It feels like I'm watching a show version of Life Is Strange but without the magical elements.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

pentyne posted:

What ever happened to that show? The last thing I remember was them in LA and a guy who was killing or scarring up women and the 2 main guys were the main suspects but it was really the other assistant who didn't have a penis because his parents were brother and sister and the investigating cop was also his sister was in love with him and then they got away scot free.

I always forget just how hosed up N/T was, like from a purposeful mental block, until someone brings it up again.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Hollismason posted:

The Handmaids tale is loving intense.

Its soooo good.

Speaking of Hulu related things, are any of their other originals any good? I haven't subbed it before today and I want to get what I can until Handmaid's Tale ends and I cancel it.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Only, on ep 7 of Futureman, but what I love is how the war of the future is about rat eating anti-vaxxers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

I wish I could see the show you did. Because man basically right after I wrote that I was enjoying it (episode 4-ish?) it all started going to poo poo. The characters stopped being worth caring about, all the interesting ideas were either ignored or dealt with poorly, the sexual violence is just gratuitous, the hilarious Pinkerton scene is disturbing where it isn't lame and there's a freakin' magical wise ghost Indian. Also the kid's a weak actor, which sucks when he's got such a pivotal role.

At least Merritt Wever was great.

I just started and this is disheartening, I though episode 1 was great with some decent cinematography, especially in the church, where Jeff Bridges is on his horse and his head blocks the light through the window so that the cross appears inverted. I'll probably finish it up anyway.

• Locked thread