Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Do we need a new Billions thread, considering the first episode is apparently out on steaming services? Or am I just an idiot that can't find it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dead Snoopy posted:

Can you take point on that because I need some Billions discussion on the regular.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809695

Here is the place where you can discuss the finer differences between rear end Lube, and Regular Lube.

(I kinda poo poo on the show a bit but I do like it)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GreenNight posted:

There is some semen guzzling, rape, orgies, dismemberment and squirts of blood.

So not too bad.

But enough about reruns of This Old House with Bob Vila

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gonz posted:

Homeland has been good-to-great since Brody's family was written out of the show.

Man I should start watching it again if that's the case.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/vrmFA5aHg7Y

It's not a funeral but takes place in a graveyard?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't realise that SS-GB had started airing on the BBC, anyone seen it and any thoughts so far?

I remember the book being pretty decent by airport espionage paperback standards.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 4, 2017

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mindhunter seems pretty good. Fichers style always works really well on tv. But sometimes I look at all the setups he uses and think poo poo that looks like hardwork for a 40 min tv episode.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

drunkill posted:

Yeah I'm on Ep 2 of Mindhunter (the montage was great), really digging this. Might make a thread later tonight if nobody else does.

And I'm surprised by the opening scene of the first episode, Fincher said when Netflix told him how many millions of people turned off House of Cards after the first scene he was horrified. That was tame in comparison to Mindhunter.

Also the ending sequence in the elevator is genius too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mu Zeta posted:

What the hell was Donna's idea at the diner

Word of god is they put like 3 ideas/hints in the shot from the future and I guess the viewer can decide what they think or want it to be.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did Ballers ever get good? Should I bother giving it a go?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Looten Plunder posted:

How much did you watch and to what degree did you like it? The show has certainly improved, but nothing drastic. If you fundamentally hated it, nothing will change that opinion. The whole "we are going to put a team in Vegas" storyline is completely ridiculous.

-They did a pretty interesting CTE storyline with one character
-They made the Rob Corddry character a lot more likeable who is now a pretty genuinely good guy
-They expanded the visibility of some good characters like Vernons stoner mate and "manager" (and they made the manager character less one dimensional)

None! I heard it had problems. I also love the Rock so I might check it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ballers Update: I really like this and did the Rock learn how to act?

Bosch: Holy poo poo how have I never watched this before thanks for the rec!

• Locked thread