Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I was worried after the first episode that the show would focus to much on the relationship drama between Hannah and Justin, I am glad I stuck with it as it really opened up and there are some great supporting characters. Starting ep 12 now, sleep soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The first episode is the worst offender of the over the top teen drama, it is slightly toned down in the second and by the third episode it is mostly an afterthought.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jack Gladney posted:

Why would he hit a service known for releasing everything at once? Not really a powerful threat when suspense is measured by the audience's will to plow through episodes.

He didn't target netflix, he targeted a production company that works with multiple content providers including netflix. The article linked above shows the hackers claim that he has several more series to release, these ones from traditional broadcasts networks. When you take that in to consideration it makes sense for netflix to be the first victim, to use them as a demonstration of proof that you actually have something worth paying for. Now Fox and ABC and whoever else may be more likely to pay after an entire series has been released.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I really liked the second season, but the third season was absolutely terrible. The first season was decent. If you have free time and like serialized crime dramas, you could do much worse than watching the first two seasons.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It is a bit more focused on the drama between characters as opposed to the mystery of the mist itself, but the mystery is still there, just stretched out over however many hours of tv this lasts for. The pilot episode had to set up a whole bunch of issues before the mist rolled in, and was rather week for it, but the next two episodes are more balanced between the problems of the people in town and the problems created by the mist.
If anyone was really expecting high quality sci-fi horror, well the show airs on spike, so that is really on them.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

It is called "The Ranch" and it is redneck america stereotyped to the letter. She was only in about half of the first season episodes, but is in all of the second season.

lelandjs posted:

Is Animal Kingdom anywhere near as good as the ads make it look?

It reminds me of the original point break movie, fun loving criminals with a hosed up family vibe. What I really like most is that the show breaks the two common tropes of criminals who are either completely incompetent or complete masters of every skill set, they are very much average bros who just barely manage to hold things together.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Looten Plunder posted:

Is that Snowfall show good? I wouldn't have bothered if it was a Netflix jaunt, but seeing that it's on FX I might give it a shot.

It was my favorite pilot that I have seen in a long time. The main character is fantastic, and I am looking forward to watching the side narratives tie in together.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

When in the hell is Vice Principals S2 dropping?

I am not sure it is an official date, but September 17th is what I read.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I remember watching "Yellow Fever" when it aired and thinking it was as good as a single episode of TV could ever be, and then two weeks later comes "Wishful Thinking". Season 4 of supernatural was pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I thought the DWP one was a parody of Scandal?

As for GoT ending, I am still holding out hope for Bruce Campbell to show up with his chainsawhand and shotgun for the best x-over ever, Ash vs the Armies of Westeros.

"You think you have problems with undead, buddy you aint seen nothing yet!"

• Locked thread