Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The Grey posted:

Anyone see this new reality show "Hunted" on CBS?

It basically a manhunt where the contests have to last 28 days without getting caught by this task force of former law enforcement agents. Seems like a cool concept, but the execution of the show feels phony and impractical.

Somehow the task force has access to things like ATM cameras and their cell phone records. One of the dumb teams only managed to go for a few hours before getting caught. Also for the contestants... Why wouldn't you just go and sit in a friends basement for 28 days?

I imagine they have rules for hiding out at a friends. Like if your friend agrees to let you stay, they also have to agree to let the roaming investigators in if they show up. Like they obviously had permission to enter the one ladies apartment. It wouldnt surprise me if they had to submit a list of friends and family they would possibly seek help from.

The whole ATM thing is obviously set up so they have some way to begin tracking the people. Also I have a feeling that despite them claiming they have all that area they can run in they either actually restrict or just picked people with very strong ties to the Atlanta area. So everyone just ends up in the city where all the roving trackers are sitting. It seemed like a cool concept but theres no way they could have really been able to pull it off properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

DoggPickle posted:

QI seems off and edited weirdly so it's simultaneously not as funny or informative. I love Sandi so I can't place the not-funny other than bad editing.

QI was much better this season than its been in the last few. Sandi has the ability and willingness to shut down the stupidity and reign things in. The last few seasons it felt as though Stephen had pretty much given up on trying. It didnt help that those are also the seasons where Ross Noble started showing up more often and making GBS threads things up.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

raditts posted:

He did wait out his wife dying so he could go after the girl he really wanted all along, which I'm not sure whether is worse

I feel like the only thing keeping him from literally being Ross is that he's too pathetic to achieve even that level

How I Impregnated and Settled for Your Mother.

From what I remember of the finale, they got engaged but they kept putting off actually getting married for a long time. So I think its safe to assume that had Ted not knocked the mother up he would have eventually sabotaged that relationship so he could finally get with Robin. Meeting the mother was purely a speedbump for him. Ted is such a scumbag I can imagine it wasnt long after finding out his wife was going to die or after she actually did die that he started to form a plan on how he would get back together with Robin.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 27, 2017

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Victoria should have been the mother. She was always the best option.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Mu Zeta posted:

Cameron's genius is getting irritating again. I was pretty happy when her game turned out to be pretensious trash but now she is some Google messiah.

The writers are completely in love with her. They wont let her fall. Instead they made Donna, who was a better character into a bad guy. All because she was sick and tired of being the only one actually trying to keep Cameron's little game company from completely tanking and getting zero thanks from Cameron. I really do not like Cameron and was happy her recent game was a complete failure, although I'm sure in the end they'll show that it was simply ahead of its time and Cameron's genius never went away.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Croatoan posted:

I am sad that I have watched all 4 seasons of Taskmaster because there are no more yet. If you have not watched it you should. It's silly but in the best way and I hope the US version doesn't suck although I know it will.

Good news is the 5th season of the original should be starting soonish. I wish it was easier to find Taskmaster videos on youtube, but they are all region blocked. The US version will suck if only for the fact that whoever the host is they could never live up to Greg Davies. Mainly because the network wont let them and partially because he is just so drat perfect in the role. Also might suck because despite being an American I know far more British comedians than American ones. At least ones that go on panel shows.

esperterra posted:

I like Cameron just fine, I like lovely people as characters, but I agree the writers are a little too far up her rear end 90% of the time. It's so satisfying when she actually stumbles and fails, or gets called out on her poo poo with actual consequences, but it doesn't happen often enough.

I think they've done a decent job humbling her a little more this season, but I'm yet to watch this week's episode so that could change between episodes 3 and 4.

Going to watch now, actually.

e: fwiw I think Donna's heel turn and their falling out was an incredible way to explore just how lovely Cameron had been to her, and while I think it feels a little rushed due to the time skips I am enjoying Donna's position now. I can fully buy her becoming this person, but it does feel unearned and weird without seeing more of that journey. It's like we saw the build up, skipped everything important in the middle, and now she's just a cutthroat executive.

I dont mind Donna being an rear end in a top hat. It just kind of felt like the writers wrote it in a way that it was all Donna's fault everything turned to poo poo. But totally not super awesome genius Cameron who can do no wrong even when completely ignoring her business and the people who depend on it. All because she is a genius and society should just bend to her will. She really ended up treating Donna like poo poo last season and I think the writers wanted us to be on Cameron's side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

X-O posted:

Tom Hanks.

Easily this. What would be the point of life if even Tom Hanks turned out to be a horrible monster.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 3, 2017

• Locked thread