Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Robot season 2 censoring "gently caress" but keeping "oval office" is the weirdest censorship example ever.

Happy 2017 CC! I am very excited for more Leftovers and Fargo this year especially, and Taboo sounds super interesting as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
man....sherlock is just godawful

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I pretty much thought the Magicians books were HP with boning too, to be honest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey Sen/whoever, is the Discord meant to be an IRC replacement, or are they co-existing?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Anyway, everyone don't forget that the best show you're not watching, Man Seeking Woman, also starts up again tonight.

I feel like I would have watched this by now if it starred literally any other actor but Jay Baruchel ya feel

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he's been in a bunch of stuff - he's like C-grade Apatow crew - but I've never liked him in anything. Maybe as the lead in the How to Train Your Dragon flicks? Sorta? He's very blah.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's like episode 7 and then episode 13 or whatever but I really don't think it improves to the degree people here will tell you so

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

Anyone watch Queen Sugar? I think it aired on Oprah's channel.

The first episode's atmosphere reminds me of Rectify.

Yep! It can drag at times and sometimes get a little too generic family drama but for the most part I enjoyed it a lot. Great set of characters.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They're making a show of 'Happy!'? That's super cool.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Started watching Man Seeking Woman. Tim Heidecker just uttered the line "I just had to wrestle a pitbull for a poo poo-covered dick." and now I couldn't be regretting sleeping on this show more.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think dire is too strong a word but honestly PM is right. It's just.....not THAT good. The spiel somewhere about how it is as intelligent as Westworld when it comes to themes etc made me laugh super hard.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Procedurals are trash. But a lot of people like trash and that's fine really cause you don't always wanna watch homework TV or w/e. Hence why I seek out so many sitcoms too, they're my Elementary or whatever.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's awesome that CXG got a renewal. Thought it was done for.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

I don't even see a thread for it here. And I watch it and think it's great :agesilaus:

UK thread. The premiere was bullshit, but general twitter buzz I'm hearing for ep 2 is stronger.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Precisely!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
General forgetful/Snakness I guess.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hannibal only gets better imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Totally agreed, but hopefully this is just a promo/hype thing and the show will continue splitting things down the middle.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress this Snicket show is so good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that movie sucked but the first ep of this show is super good. It's based on an apparently popular children's book series that I never read but if the adaptations I've seen are anything to go by it has a pretty fun sense of humour.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
End of episode 1 is 5 stars

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i love pop-punk so bad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
not quite that far.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Unfortunate Events, really liked all of it but I probably agree that episodes 3-4 were the best.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

I don't know if ASoUE was good or if I even really liked it but if nothing else I can appreciate that Netflix was willing to get weird and make something that is so polarizing.

Polarizing is a word which in this case means "something not everyone likes but everyone feels strongly about".

We know what polarizing means.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

How is there no Young Pope thread? You dinguses devoted 10,000 pages to West World in the first week it premiered, and that was about as deep as a puddle.

It's so so so satisfying when someone makes a lovely smug pretentious post like this and you know they're totally wrong and just making themselves look like an idiot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for that (Handmaid's Tale). Looks like it's gonna be somethin special. Moss has the best taste in roles I swear

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are a couple of reveals in the last two eps that hosed me UP.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who gets annoyed by that stuff has clearly never been a child

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah the movie where Patrick Stewart plays a poop

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nthing the love for The Good Place. what a fantastic finale!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guessing there's not enough interest to make a thread, but I really enjoyed the second season premiere of Baskets.

Gonna try out Sneaky Pete soon - glad to hear it fits into Yost's body of work well. Hopefully I'll get past Shore's pilot with minimal issues.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watched the first 3 eps of Sneaky Pete. Good, not great. Pretty much nothing stands out in any way, except maybe the cast.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Less good though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's -50 for the sass-mouth.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
*50 different people give you 50 different answers*

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My personal preferred streaming debuts from last year include One Mississippi, Lady Dynamite, The Get Down, and Easy. The Crown was also good. Series of Unfortunate Events just dropped and is rad, while Sneaky Pete is fun if you like Justified.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Which sucks because that's still the main reason people pay for their subscription. Netflix make good poo poo, but their content isn't worth any kind of streaming service price by itself.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Now six episodes in, and Sneaky Pete is hooking me a lot more. Ep 4 is probably the turning point. It's so fun to watch the screws turn. And I'd update my description to "Justified x Banshee in Connecticut".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazon has the HBO back library so I think I like them more. Also Hannibal.

Not in the UK :( but it did just get Seinfeld here which is a decent swap.

• Locked thread