Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Some awesome science in Hawaii 5-0 yesterday again. Apparently a car battery strapped to the chest is a sufficient lead shield to fondle with uranium rods, and the lead cylinder is mostly transparent.

Also, when the counter of the remaining conventional explosive charge has still slightly more than 30 seconds on it, it's apparently safer to drive 10 seconds, then flip the car and hide behind the engine block, than keep driving the whole time. I guess it's safer to risk getting the car rolled onto you than exploiting the inverse square law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Siffy is also making an adaptation of the Hyperion series and it's being produced by Bradley Cooper. Sounds promising.
Question is whether that's still the case. That info is pretty old and there weren't any updates. Ringworld is also still due. They're sitting on that a couple of years longer already.

--edit: Last news about Cooper and Hyperion was from June 2015.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

This thread valid for Netflix shows? If so, this new Bill Nye show... What the gently caress?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

There's some valid content in there, but the presentation is stupid. He's/they're trying really hard to be edgy and hip.

--edit: ^^^ I guess they're trying to reach that age group then. But I find it really grating.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Jesus christ, that actress playing that weird camp kid in Orphan Black season 5 is actually 27.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Just started watching Prison Break. What seasons are bearable? Was it the first two?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

But hurry -- Seasons 1-4 are being taken off Netflix on October 1st!
http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/whats-leaving-netflix-october-2017.html
I wonder if that's for Netflix US or the international catalog. Prison Break hasn't been available for that long here on Netflix Belgium, AFAIK.

--edit: Since August 2016 apparently. Look at that. Only showed up on recommendations recently.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 24, 2017

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I have Zoo running in the background for a while. Season 1 was OK-ish I guess. But Season 2? Jesus, that one's creative with its artistic license.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

precision posted:

Zoo is amazing.
Seems more like a bunch of super-hypocrites for the sake of plot.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

What's the deal with Travelers? It's labelled Netflix Original on said service, but I see a new episode of season 2 going up on torrent sites each week, while Netflix here (I'm in Belgium) itself still only lists season 1. I assume there's a deal with some TV station involved?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I can't decide if Ray Donovan is a good show or not. I mean it has a lot of bad things in it but I also kind of liked the last season. It feels like a show that should be great but is just mediocre.
I only watch it, because I like deadpan Liev Schreiber. But it also gets old quicky, and the plot is pretty convoluted.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yea, can't wait for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I finally watched the trailer of Happy...

dafuq?

• Locked thread