Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People still talking about Korra but not one of the top viewed shows on TV. No wonder this site is dead and into guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The point doesn't change if we substitute Dr. Who or Star Trek either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

He's also the dude who called GRRM "The American Tolkien"

Tolkien couldn't write very well, maybe it's not a compliment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lycus posted:

I wonder what I watched that made Netflix think I'd give Magicians four stars.

Netflix is a recommendation thing, not a quality rating. 4 stars means it matches your viewing habits well, not necessarily that they think you'll like it.

If you watched a whole bunch of superhero shows it would 4 star Gotham even though it's the worst.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's less that killing is bad than it is killing means clean-up time.

But yeah he does that constantly through the whole series.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hope Thandie Newton got paid some extra for having to do half her scenes nearly fully nude.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Couch Chat: Not a very good show but X is hot!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are you talking about the second season or did they fake his death again?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snak posted:

Sherlock has about one good episode per season. Which is not worth watching the two other loving terrible ones for.

I remember when he faked his death the first time. In the completely obvious and predictable way that was telegraphed AND foreshadowed. Which is fine. But then after the season break, they had to spend 15 minutes of the next episode "revealing" how it was done because it was somehow a big deal.

They also pulled an "OR WAS IT?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was not big. It's on PBS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Snak posted:

It doesn't matter. Every single person was like "omg have you seen Sherlock!!?!"

And Cumberbatch got millions of fangirls overnight.

That's because you hang out in especially nerdy places probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, Amazon Video. So much for that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jim DiGriz posted:

How in the hell is geolocking content on a goddamn video streaming service is still a thing in 2017? Prime video has just launched in our country a month or two ago, and Sneaky Pete is not in the lineup. I get it with other studios' material (well, I accept it, I don't actually get it), but when Amazon makes the loving content, why can't I use my Amazon subscription to watch it?

I didn't even check if it's actually on there, Amazon sucks in Canada so I have no incentive to sign up for Prime.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At least in the US Prime is worth it just for the shipping stuff, making the video just a bonus.

In Canada Amazon's selection and prices aren't very good, so unless you shop for the few things they do well (books, movies) a whole lot it's not worth it.

It's like that in a lot of non-US/UK markets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've only seen like 3 episodes but saw his obvious spoiler and it doesn't seem surprising at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I pay $65 a month and it includes HBO, Showtime and 15 other premium movie channels, plus wrestling, UFC and boxing PPVs. And a bunch of American TV channels you can't get in Canada normally.

They're just straight up pirating stuff and selling access.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only shows I watch I still get in HD are The Flash and SHIELD.

I think I'm being punished. For watching those shows, probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

pretty much what 1080p looks like on a 4k 50 inch tv

It doesn't work that way!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He got banned for saying what's now central to Lowtax's New Deal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unlimited is 6 months behind on new comics, but always exactly 6. They upload the 6 month one when the newest issue comes out. So for $10 you're saving on anything that's been going for at least 9 months. Unless you want physical copies.

Imagine 6 comics on the edge of a cliff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

Felicity wears glasses with her hair tied back, the universal symbol of ugliness and undesirability.

Her forehead is too big when she doesn't wear the glasses.

For CW she's basically a monster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone who left Flash and Arrow for Legends.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So does he actually have multiple personalities in the show? That's the whole reason for the name Legion after all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a midseason replacement.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

I think it and Frequency had really low ratings even by CW standards. And the fact that both of them mostly wrapped things up means they probably won't come back.

I don't know if "CW standards" can even be a thing since they renew shows with audiences smaller than high school plays.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I want to believe Timothy Olyphant is a cool dude. He's one of those actors I always enjoy and root for in everything, like Paul Rudd, Sam Rockwell, Edward Norton, Donald Glover, and Adam Scott.

Speaking of Olyphant, my wife and I recently binge-watched Deadwood (my second time, her first), and I couldn't get her to make it through the first episode of Justified, but she seems to like Santa Clarita Diet much more than I do so far.

He's also cast perfectly in A Perfect Getaway, an incredibly fun and underrated movie everyone here would love.

Edward Norton is one of the biggest assholes in Hollywood man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At least he's not Joe Rogan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, I'd try to have another job lined up first since collecting recurring character checks is better than nothing, but yeah once they did their version of the "My ward is a junkie" storyline Roy was going nowhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Rogan is a crazy person who believes in a ton of different conspiracies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've also read rumors that Katic was horrible to everyone. Whenever there's word of a dispute the internet will make up rumors about the side they don't like, so you never know what's real or not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He has a cameo as Wonder Man in GotG 2 which is perfect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sorry, do you mind me asking where your avatar gif is from? I know I saw the scene it's from in a show it's in recently but I just can't put a name to it and it's bugging me. :shobon:

It's from episode 5 of The Good Place.

She's saying "Good person"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a knock off of a show that was already bad, don't get your hopes too high.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

90% of a Legion show should be nonsense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cancel Netflix?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He knows he's just terrible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eventually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

He's not actually the showrunner though -- that's Shaun Cassidy, of Invasion and American Gothic.

Incorrectly judging a show based on the wrong person is also the modern method.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

I just watched the pilot of Legion and uh... this show probably belongs on Netflix. It's going to get killed due to bad ratings.

You should watch it though.

Maybe, but for now it opened with the second biggest demo rating of the night behind just a basketball game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oops, no that's for cable.

Though it did tie Arrow and beat The 100.

• Locked thread